Grand Annual

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham 2018 Grand Annual

This topic contains 20 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Degaussed Degaussed 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Nausered
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 598

Ah that’s horrid. I’ve been checking around since the race as I backed NHH and ovb watched him tumble, I feared the worst when he fell. I just asked on another thread if anyone knew if he was alright as I could not see anything about him anywhere. I hoped he’d got up.

I backed Sandsend as a saver in the County too. Bad day.

Both of them were running great races, very sad.

BeauRanger
    Participant
    • Total Posts 376

NHH was the worse end for me – let alone all the people closely connected to the horse. There are a few horses that win a place in your heart and he was one of them for his performances at cheltenham. Backed Killbricken Storm in the 3rd race and i’d give it all up and more to watch NHH get up and canter away.

We have to accept the risks but it doesn’t make it any easier

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2412

Sad to hear this. I didn’t see the race and didn’t know about the falls. A bad festival week for deaths; that’s five (plus two at other courses during the four days). :negative:

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2412

Make that six. Some Plan also fatally injured. :-(

seaing stars
    seaing stars
    Participant
    • Total Posts 67

What an awful way to end the festival. Thoughts with all those who knew or loved Some Plan, Dresden and North Hill Harvey, as well as the others lost this week.

Degaussed
    Degaussed
    Participant
    • Total Posts 566

The Grand Annual has had 4 deaths since 2012 (three this year). The Grand National hasn’t had any in that time.

It’s a horrendous race to watch, the jockeys don’t like riding in it because of the speed they go at, the field size is too big; something needs to change.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.