The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Goodbye Everybody!

Home Forums Lounge Goodbye Everybody!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

Myself and my wife are going on a seven month trip to China, Japan, Australia, New Zealand and South America (Mainly Chile, Peru and Argentina) leaving tomorrow(6/10/06).<br>We plan to go racing in Hong Kong and Melbourne at least. If anyone has any wisdom about interesting racing anywhere in those countries please let us know on here- I’ll be logging in occasionally to see how the jumps season is going.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

WOW!. Have a great trip.

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Nice one..

Happy Valley is a must of course

My brother toured South america. Suggested the Buenes Aires is a super city (Santiago Chile is less so)

By all accounts you will love Peru

Do they have llama racing?

Matron
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5861

What a fantastic trip!

Have a great time.

Regards- Matron<br>:cool:

Lovely Lady
    • Total Posts 160

carvillshill,

You’re very lucky, I really hope you have a lovely time.   Watch for flies in Melbourne they can be a nuisance, might need one of those funny hats !!

Sandown Park racetrack in Melbourne is nice,  it’s been redeveloped a bit since I was there but they have jump racing too which may interest you, also some big races in November just after Flemington if you’re there at that time.  

Hope you’ll keep us all informed occasionally during your travels. :)

Sal
    • Total Posts 562

Sounds like the trip of a lifetime!  You might just catch the Nakayama Grand Jump in April – if you’re planning that far ahead.

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8799

Have a great trip CH and if you can manage to get access to the internet while you are away why not drop in and let us know how you’re going on.

jackane24
    • Total Posts 444

Bon Voyage Carvills! I hope to be doing something along those lines fairly soon! Hope you have a great time!

Jim JTS
    • Total Posts 841

It’s not like carvillshill to get a trip :giggle:

<br>seriously – have fun and best of luck!

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8799

lol @ Jim

dandan
    • Total Posts 199

Best of luck mate, sounds brill, enjoy!

Zoz
    • Total Posts 703

All the best!

Enjoy!

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

Howdy all<br>Currently in Hiroshima, fly to Cairns tomorrow- will be there for the Melbourne Cup.<br>Happy Valley was enjoyable- the tote pools had me gasping- on a humdrum Wednesday night there was well over a million euro in the win and place pools- no wonder there are big computerised sydicates at work there. There seemed to be a frenzy of betting in the last moments with wholesale changes in the odds- maybe these are the syndicate bets coming in?<br>The track is as sharp as Chester, but right-handed- I can see why the prestige contests are held at Sha-Tin- if you’re not drawn on the fence in a sprint here life is very tough. Roll on Oz, have to ensure I get to a TAB to see the Cup!

conall
    • Total Posts 59

Hi mate if you come through Singapore gimme a shout

stevedvg
    • Total Posts 1137

Hey Carvills!

Good to hear you’re having a great time on your trip.

Looking forward to future updates/reviews.

Slightly jealous,

Steve

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.