The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Gold Cup Racegoers VIew

Home Forums Horse Racing Gold Cup Racegoers VIew

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    % MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

I have just done a very uncientific straw poll amongst racegoers here at Cheltenham asking who will win the big race and amongst the 252 racegoers I spoke to the result is

Kauto Star 48%
    Denman 35%
    Exotic Dancer 6%
    Either Kauto or Denman 8%
    Others 3%

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

Did anyone tell you to go away, Paul? :wink:

Some task! and thanks for reporting your findings.

I just hope that we are all not disappointed, that nothing falls or unseats or interferes with any of the horses, that there are no excuses, no excessive use of the whip and that none of the horses are bottomed.

Colin

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

No, I only approached friendly looking people – I said it was unscientific :)

I agree with your sentiments wholeheartedly and it is a view almost universally being expessed here as well.

The most frequent comment I received was people want to see the "big two" running up the hill together battling to the line.

Funniest response was when I asked a small group who will win the big race and they replied without hesitation – Climate Control. For them the big race is the Foxhunters – which will please Mr Grayson. Also a salutory lesson for those of us focusing on the Gold Cup.

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

Funniest response was when I asked a small group who will win the big race and they replied without hesitation – Climate Control. For them the big race is the Foxhunters – which will please Mr Grayson. Also a salutory lesson for those of us focusing on the Gold Cup.

Hahahaha, the truth will out eventually!

It’s a win bet for me on Bon Accord and e/w on Man From Highworth and Amicelli, incidentally, though it looks murderously competitive all in all and a win for any of around 12 of them would not surprise me one iota.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

Well that went about as well as could have been expected.

AngloGerman will be doing handsprings as well, I fancy.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

Great info……..Amazing it was so close Paul I would have thought 80% would have gone for Kauto………I think I’ve brainwashed myslef :lol:

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Were they wearing tweed and having a picnic in the car park out of their Range Rover?

grey dolphin
    Participant
    • Total Posts 653

I doubt it – if they fancied Climate Control they were probably Irish!

AngloGerman
    • Total Posts 602

Well that went about as well as could have been expected.

AngloGerman will be doing handsprings as well, I fancy.

52 hours after you posted this, I’ve just finished!!!! :D

Darren – AngloGerman

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.