The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Godolphin Fantasy League Summer 2021 -Starts Saturday 1st May

Home Forums Racing Competitions Godolphin Fantasy League Summer 2021 -Starts Saturday 1st May

Viewing 17 posts - 341 through 357 (of 410 total)
  • Author
    Mincamus
    Participant
    • Total Posts 221

Hi all, apologies for my lack of updates recently. After the weekend’s racing, I am on 11780 points in rank 122 with 2 swaps left.

Best of luck everyone

Participant
    • Total Posts 16971

Thanks Min :good: Great to have you back and a very nice score with 2 swaps still in the bag.
    I’ll update the Leaderboard now..Jac :bye:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Participant
    • Total Posts 13253

Absolutely dragging my feet in this one, I’ll have to come up
    with a Baldrick cunning plan for my remaining 2 swaps :scratch:

Points 8840
    Position 422
    2 Swaps

Participant
    • Total Posts 16971

A whole stash of Godolphin horses running this weekend both here and abroad, so now might be the time to make those last swaps. :good:

Good luck everyone..
    I have Coroebus, Native Trail and Althiqa going for me out of my final swap which was 2 weeks ago so very hopeful but there are lots more I wish I could swap in… best of luck.

Looking forward to seeing Native Trail today .. :heart:

Still no bonus Bonus Race John even though they mentioned them. :wacko:
    Jac
    :bye:

Participant
    • Total Posts 32178

Jac my points are 9130
    and Rank 383

Just to keep BigG dragging his feet a little more.. :rose:

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 2993

Just Native Trail for me today. Let down by Wild Beauty yesterday. Now 12140 points, 130th. Good luck with Althiqua tonight Jac (and anyone else who has her)

Participant
    • Total Posts 13253

Native Trail for me too Jac, and let down by Wild Beauty and Althiqua who could
    only manage 4th over at Keeneland.

Points 9740
    Position 348
    2 swaps

Participant
    • Total Posts 2202

A somewhat disappointing 900 pts for me on Saturday for me following my last swap. Native Trail, Hafit and Coroebus. Let down by Althiqa and Pixelate.

Currently on 12,600 pts with a rank of 105.

John Gooch
    Participant
    • Total Posts 833

Hello to all

Having done so well last week, this week was always going to be less of
    a high scoring one. Still Native Trail did the job on Saturday with 500
    Points bringing the season total to 12660 and a rank of 103 just in front
    of Euroalien.

Godolphin appear to have some top class horses again and maybe are going
    to give Coolmore a real challenge in the future?

What I do hope is that Native Trail avoids being hyped in the way that
    Pinatubo was after his two year old days.

A lot can happen between now and next May.

Much thinking to do over the rest of October, with one swap left and the
    Jumpers to select in the Ten to Follow Competition.

Off to have another look for that elusive Magic Lamp or Crystal Ball/Lucky Pin.

Many Thanks
    John :bye:

Participant
    • Total Posts 16971

Thanks for your scores guys and gals abd really well done some great results :yahoo:

Yes it was a bit hit and miss over the weekend with the overseas runners missing out on points and I know a few of you had Hafit who I would mention had me wondering if he might be beaten on Saturday as he has gone in his coat and had been trimmed. Goldspur sprang a bit of a surprise there.

I managed points with
    Native Trail and Coroebus
    Also had Wild Beauty and Althiqa who disappointed.

Now on 11200 points
    203rd position
    I will be going backwards from now on as no swaps. :cry:

Charlie Appleby has said that both Native Trail and Coroebus will not run again this year so you can safely tuck them up for the season. :rose:

Native Trail is an absolute tower of strength John and truly hope and pray that he trains on because as a 3yo he will be a force to be reckoned with.
    I doubt we will ever see him ridden by anyone but Will Buick you can see how much he loves this horse and the horse responds to him so well.
    Barring setbacks he will be a 3yo Champion🏆
    Pinatubo was a completely different profile and a much smaller horse, he came back as a 3yo with a big reputation to maintain having been unbeaten in 6 races but he had not progressed as much as others and came up against the might of Kameko and Palace Pier. Lets hope he can produce a champion in his new career at stud. :good:

Coroebus will also be a force to be reckoned with next year he is a natural flying machine.
    What a great season we have to look forward to in 2022.

Will update the Leaderboard on Wednesday/Thursday when have scores in from Mincamus, Silent Assasin, Nathan and possibly Steve.

Good luck with the final swaps.
    Jac :bye:

Participant
    • Total Posts 16971

Just for you John, in case you didn’t see them on the 2000 Guineas Thread and my Meydan Thursdays…

Native Trail cooling down after winning the Dewhurst on Saturday… :heart:

Participant
    • Total Posts 16971

Just found this one taken directly after the race celebrating his success.. :good:

You can see the amount of headgear they put on him to keep steadied during his races, but he came back to the winners enclosure looking as though he could go round and do it again. :rose:

silent assassins
    Participant
    • Total Posts 515

10410 points position 291 only Native Trail for me Jac il be going same way as you also no swaps left hope you had a great day out on Saturday and am sure you saw a future champion , Godolphin looking good for there classic campaigns next season

Mincamus
    Participant
    • Total Posts 221

I scored with Native Trail, Coroebus, Al Suhail and Hafit last weekend after making my penultimate swap. Now on 13080 points in rank 81 with 1 swap left

Participant
    • Total Posts 32178

points 9130
    Rank 427

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 16971

Thanks Nathan, Min and SA. :good:

Wow Min you are in a very strong position at 81 still with one swap in hand, I think it’s going to be very tactical and a lot of luck needed over the next few weeks.

SA and I will just hope that some of our stable come out to play and will enjoy watching the final weeks being played out and hoping for a Bonus Race..lol :wacko:

Good luck everyone with swaps, I will update Leaderboard later tonight..think Steve has stopped playing but will leave him in just in case.. :bye: Jac

Thanks SA it was a fabulous day on Saturday and I think I saw two future champs in Native Trail and Coroebus and it was lovely to see dear old Barney Roy age 7 in the last race, I’d never seen him before, he didnt win but ran a good race against Frankel’s son Mostadhef age 3. :rose:

Participant
    • Total Posts 16971

Here is the updated Leaderboard following Future Championships Weekend where Native Trail earned 500 points winning The Dewhurst Stakes and Coroebus impressed in the Autumn Stakes earning 500 points. Hafit also earned place points for out new Leader Mincamus but Althiqa and Pixilate disappointed in Group races overseas for Andre leaving him a few points behind John Gooch who is in 2nd place this week.

With Champions weekend coming up at Ascot and the Breeders Cup not far away there is still lots of time to use those remaining swaps and possibly earn extra points if we ever see the almost extinct animal known as the Bonus Race. ;-)

LEADERBOARD – Tuesday 12th October 2021

MINCAMUS …………..l3080 Points (81st)
    John Gooch …………12660 Points(103rd)
    Euroalien ……………..12600 Points(105th)
    Tonge …………… ……12140 Points (130th)
    Triptych ……………….11200 Points (203rd)
    Silent Assassin……….. 10410 Points (291st)
    BigG …………………….9740 Points (348th)
    Nathan Hughes ………..9130 Points (427th)

Steve75 ……….. ?
    Look forward to you updated scores Steve.

Jac :bye:

Viewing 17 posts - 341 through 357 (of 410 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.