The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Godolphin Fantasy League Summer 2021 -Starts Saturday 1st May

Home Forums Racing Competitions Godolphin Fantasy League Summer 2021 -Starts Saturday 1st May

Viewing 17 posts - 205 through 221 (of 410 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 16972

Thanks John, Graham and SA.looks like Hurricane Lane is a ‘Keeper💖‘I will update again on Monday after the weekend races and before Goodwood when things could change again.
    Maybe we’ll get a few Bonus,Races John.

At least we’re all moving up the main Leaderboard and around half way through the competition so our stables are taking shape and starting to pay dividends..keep it up :good: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Steve75
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1915

Position: 1007

Thanks Jac!

Participant
    • Total Posts 16972

Cheers Steve and good luck :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 16972

I made my 2nd swap this week to include Althiqa (Dark Angel) and managed to pick up 900 points yesterday when she won a Group 1 in Saratoga with Summer Romance in 2nd and with Real World winning a Listed at Newbury an exta 250 points was very welcome.
    Now on 5350 Points – 287th
    3 Swaps remaining.

Will update Leaderboard tomorrow.
    Hope you managed to find a few over the weekend. :good: Jac

Participant
    • Total Posts 2993

Well done with those swaps Jac. Didn’t see them in time to swap them. How do people find out about US runners in advance, or European for that matter? I did have Real World & for a glorious couple of hours was 205th. 277th after last night’s results though! I see Victor Ludorum, who I have just swapped out, is running today, which is a tip in itself!

John Gooch
    Participant
    • Total Posts 833

Hello to all

Tonge makes a good point about US runners, one that Jac has taken on board,
    well done with your position and score Jac.

The main thing is to try and focus on the news of future plans. Maybe try and
    concentrate on Grade One races where 500 Points are available for winning.
    The Godolphin web site and At the Races web site are a good starting point.

All the best :bye:

Participant
    • Total Posts 16972

Hi Tonge and John . :bye:
    You’re right there is no way of checking for US runners I just got lucky as I was looking for a couple of European Horses and then remembered Althiqa who did so well for me in the Meydan contest, the one before lockdown. I did a search for her on Racing Post and saw she was run88ning Saturday in a Group 1 in Saratoga, Summer Romance was
    also declared in fact she went off favourite and almost won after leading most of the way..I had to put them both in…it was pure chance I found that race.

I never saw Victor Ludorum down to run Tonge (where did he spring from :wacko: ) and now I have swapped out Maxfield he’ll probably come out again and win.

The overall leaders have over 9000 points so they must somehow be keeping on the ball.

I suppose in a way it’s part if how you play the competition as if Godolphin published all their Group races and runners worldwide we would all have the same Stable. :wacko:

I have to make my stable last now with just 3 swaps left do hoping one or two will run at Goodwood.

Keep going and look out for the Bonus Races. Jac :bye:

Participant
    • Total Posts 2202

Well done with your swaps Jac! I already had Althiqa in my stable (I brought her in with my first swap) – and I was thrilled to see her win again.

Finding information on runners, especially worldwide runners, for this competition is so hard. I’m not sure how the competition leaders are managing – but hats off to them!

So I scored 500pts this week and I’m now at the lowly total of 3,440 with an OR of 788. I still have four swaps left.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2993

Oh for crying out loud… well done anyone who kept faith with Victor!

John Gooch
    Participant
    • Total Posts 833

Hello again to all

Reference Tonge and Jac earlier posts today about Godolphin runners in Europe and USA,
    if you go to Godolphin web site and click on Runners & Results at top of page, all entries
    worldwide are listed for the coming week. You can also filter for different countries.

Hope this is of some help.

John :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 16972

That was unlucky Tonge but honestly there was literally zilch info that VL was running in a Group 3 in France today otherwise I would have included him when I swapped stables I even went to the Racing Post site today just before the race and it said he had no entries :wacko:

Well done Andre for having the lovely Althiqa also, I watched the race last night and she won it decisively from her stable companion. :good:

Mincamus
    Participant
    • Total Posts 221

Hi all, I’m on 5180 points and in rank 336 after another brilliant week for Godolphin. What a season they are having! Looking forward to seeing Adayar in the King George next weekend in what could be a great clash with Love. Finally, I’d like to wish Mystic Guide a speedy recovery from his surgery.

Well done to everyone who scored last week!

Participant
    • Total Posts 16972

Thanks Min you’re doing well with the points. :good:
    I’m going to Dalham Hall Stud on Friday so will listen out for any info on Mystic Guide. What surgery did he have I didnt read anything, Wish him well. :rose: Jac

Mincamus
    Participant
    • Total Posts 221

Hi Jac, it’s a surgery to remove a chip in his knee – Here’s a link to an article about it https://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/mystic-guide-to-undergo-surgery/

Have a great day at Dalham Hall Stud!

Participant
    • Total Posts 16972

Thanks for the article Min :good:
    So glad they found that chip who knows what might have happened if they hadn’t.

I will try and get an update on Friday, as you can sometimes catch the guides in a quiet moment. :good:
    At least he will have a career at stud ahead of him.
    :rose:
    Jac

Participant
    • Total Posts 2993

It’s a fairly common operation. Bertrando had it and returned to race and I’m sure the technology has advanced significantly since then. Of course, it’s up to them what they do but he could easily be back in time for another crack at the World Cup. Fingers crossed for him anyway. Even routine procedures come with risks.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16972

Thanks John for the information on the Runners and Results sorry late reply I only just saw it as I was going through the Thread for the latest scores. :good:
    I have seen it before but it’s not always immediately obvious and easy to forget to check out. I’ll make a point of looking there next time I swap Stables. :good: Jac

Viewing 17 posts - 205 through 221 (of 410 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.