The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Gingers Jumpers

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Gingers Jumpers

Viewing 17 posts - 1,599 through 1,615 (of 2,424 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Not much went right for me today.

Hinterland

finally finding improvement under a great ride, doesn’t find much in front and kicked in to a lead going to the last – having enough to hold on. Beating my saver bet. Unfortunately two main bets

Balder Succes

and

Claret Cloak

seemed to take each other on. At least

Valdez

is more likely to be the King representative in the Arkle now.
    Two of my five fell at the first in the Beecher,

Vespers

usually a sound jumper!

Wyck Hill

just does not jump as well when held up.

On His Own

ran as if remembering previous falls.

Benny’s Mist

did no better.
    Stupid getting involved with another of Venittia’s,

Katenko

after his fall in the Hennessey, quick turn around and stable not in as good form now.

The Giant Bolster

also a silly saver after indolent display last time. What was I thinking? :roll: Possibly my late nights have played tricks on the way I looked at this race in particular.
    In the last at Sandown, they may have gone a bit quick early. Two main bets

Court By Suprise

and

Well Refreshed

came to the fore on home turn, only for one who’d been dropped out coming through to beat them both. Emma’s may benifit from a hood, idling badly in front, then rallying once passed. Gary’s made mistakes, but that’s him, not unlucky.

Sire De Grugy

did the biz in the big one, gets back a little of my outlay. Might be best to keep an eye on the Moore team in coming days.

Value Is Everything
    softie
    Participant
    • Total Posts 199

Bleedin` `ell, bleedin` `ell, bleedin` ell…..repeat 3 more times at least.

When we were at Newbury last week Ginge., just as he left, i asked Len if any of his horses were running shortly. He said that it was likely to be Benefique Royale at Leicester on Thursday. Leicester came and no horse so i forgot about it until i came back in on Saturday, after a busy morning, just to see her power up the Sandown hill to win at 12/1!! Bleedin` `ell again.

As for your own efforts, sadly only the very first horse you selected for today obliged. Nuff said.
    Good job GDC ain`t about to lay into you for backing all those horses in a couple of races and not getting the winner…criminal if you ask me. :D :wink:

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

Not much went right for me today.

Hinterland

finally finding improvement under a great ride, doesn’t find much in front and kicked in to a lead going to the last – having enough to hold on. Beating my saver bet. Unfortunately two main bets

Balder Succes

and

Claret Cloak

seemed to take each other on. At least

Valdez

is more likely to be the King representative in the Arkle now.
    Two of my five fell at the first in the Beecher,

Vespers

usually a sound jumper!

Wyck Hill

just does not jump as well when held up.

On His Own

ran as if remembering previous falls.

Benny’s Mist

did no better.
    Stupid getting involved with another of Venittia’s,

Katenko

after his fall in the Hennessey, quick turn around and stable not in as good form now.

The Giant Bolster

also a silly saver after indolent display last time. What was I thinking? :roll: Possibly my late nights have played tricks on the way I looked at this race in particular.
    In the last at Sandown, they may have gone a bit quick early. Two main bets

Court By Suprise

and

Well Refreshed

came to the fore on home turn, only for one who’d been dropped out coming through to beat them both. Emma’s may benifit from a hood, idling badly in front, then rallying once passed. Gary’s made mistakes, but that’s him, not unlucky.

Sire De Grugy

did the biz in the big one, gets back a little of my outlay. Might be best to keep an eye on the Moore team in coming days.

Sorry to say I backed Claret Cloak and Katenko. They were definitely not the worse bets ever. Both I don’t believe got the greatest rides.

Claret Cloak probably wants the ground even quicker but today he wasn’t quite good enough but having pinged three fences in a row Aspell was of minimal assistance from the water onwards. I would have preferred jockey heroics in this race rather than the later one. On the plus side nothing for Valdez to be scared of.

Katenko was pretty weak in the market and ran accordingly. I would have liked to have seen him make the running but unfortunately Our Mick – as can happen with the McCain horses – acted as something of a spoiler. Katenko’s jumping was clumsy at times and it appears he needs organising at his fences, something Coleman didn’t always do. I nearly always get the stable wrong so I should have sent you a warning.

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

I’m always about lad :-) – I want everyone to win, I’ve seen too many people ruin their lives through addiction and I’d hate to think Ginge is heading that way, that’s all.

Ginge – the very few occasions that you back like a regular punter ie 1 or 2 selections in a race, you seem to do better from my memory? Have you ever completed a comparison against your multi selections in a race?

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

I’m always about lad :-) – I want

everyone to win

, I’ve seen too many people ruin their lives through

addiction

and I’d hate to think Ginge is heading that way, that’s all.

Ginge – the

very few occasions

that you back like a regular punter ie 1 or 2 selections in a race, you seem to do better from my memory? Have you ever completed a comparison against your multi selections in a race?

Hope you do "want everyone to win" Gdc, but sometimes seems your intention is to distort what I do. :roll: After I blew your Turnover Theory on me not backing my selections out of the water, you come back with no apology and yet more nonsense. You’re acting like a troll.

How exacactly am I showing signs of "ruin(ing) my life through addiction? :?

Practically HALF the time this season I’ve had "1 or 2 selections in a race", 21 out of 43 races. Hardly "very few occasions". So fact is you’re mistaken AGAIN. Well, I hope it is "mistaken". :shock:

If only talking this season Gdc, you’d be right – my record with multi-selections is not as good compared to fewer. But these multi-selection races are open handicaps, with individually larger prices. Their combined odds mean I have usually

less

chance of winning than in races with fewer selections. It is only to be expected my multi-selection races don’t win as often.

However, over the years they’ve certainly paid their way. Without them would not have Grand National winners Neptune Collonges and Auroras Encore. If sticking with just extreme distances, I had the National treble (for the second year running) Welsh (Monbeg Dude individual price 20/1, English (Auroras Encore 119/1) and Scottish (Godsmejudge 14.5/1), aswell as Midlands, Sussex, Grand National Trial, Whitbread etc etc. Softie even found it worth betting my multi-selections in exactas. :wink:

Would I rather just back 1 selection and not all those big priced main bet winners?… ummmmmm. :lol:

Value Is Everything
    chicoguapo
    • Total Posts 7

well done with your winners so far this season ginge, our paths have never crossed but i always enjoy reading your thread

best of british

8)

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Thanks Chicoguapo,
    Always nice to know people are reading/appreciative.
    Afraid there haven’t been that many good wins lately. :(

Here’s one (well, hopefully)

2:00 Huntingdon
    54 points @ 6/1 (PP) Champion Court* (min 5/1)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Thanks Chicoguapo,

20 points @ 11/4 (various) Riverside Theatre (min 11/4)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Thanks Chicoguapo,

20 points @ 11/4 (various) Riverside Theatre (min 11/4)

Saddle slips on Champion Court and still only just misses out :cry: . At least got money back with a late bet on the winner. :|

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

2:10 Cheltenham
    24 points @ 20/1 (L) Aimigale* (min 14/1)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

40 points @ 6/1 (SJ) Prince Of Pirates* (min 11/2)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

8 points @ 17/2 (VC) Duke Of Lucca (min 8/1)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Only my third Cricket bet ever.
    Won’t count it for this thread, but I’ve taken 12/1 (Skybet) for the Ashes Series to be DRAWN.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

3:15 Cheltenham
    49 points @ 7/2 (VC) Southfield Theatre* (min 100/30)

Value Is Everything
    stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

Only my third Cricket bet ever.
    Won’t count it for this thread, but I’ve taken 12/1 (Skybet) for the Ashes Series to be DRAWN.

I have a feeling your fourth bet will be a long time coming! They badly need to get runs on the board but at present the batsmen don’t appear to have the mindset/courage to occupy the crease for long enough periods. It was horrible watching the biff-bang-wallop approach to surrendering the last Test.

Good luck with the horses. I have gone with Return Spring and Garde La Victoire but I am a little concerned about how much rain Cheltenham might get.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1229

8 points @ 17/2 (VC) Duke Of Lucca (min 8/1)

Looked into betting on both Amigale and Duke of Lucca.

However, I am put off Duke of Lucca because he doesnt seem to find a a whole heap under pressure and based on his performance against the likes of opening batsman, he should have already managed to win in his recent races. I like Aimigale at her best but not sure what any rain would do to her chances.

I tend not to bet on horses closer to the top of these handicaps but I think Theatre guide might be well able to handle most of these and (aimigale aside) isnt conceding that much weight to his opponents.

SHL

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

3:15 Cheltenham
    49 points @ 7/2 (VC) Southfield Theatre* (min 100/30)

Saver:
    13 points @ 6/1 (B365) Thomas Crapper (min 11/2)

Probably two more bets to come in this race, one main one saver.

Value Is Everything
Viewing 17 posts - 1,599 through 1,615 (of 2,424 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.