The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Gingers Jumpers

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Gingers Jumpers

Viewing 17 posts - 1,497 through 1,513 (of 2,424 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

That makes sense; good luck with today’s bets.

Really looking forward to see how African Gold gets on tomorrow too.

Thanks Ben,
    I backed African Gold a couple of times last year, really genuine and type to make a better chaser. However, I like to take on chasing debutents, don’t know how he’ll jump and this is a good race to be facing your first fence in public. Can see him getting beat today and then winning the RSA! But well done with Taquin, you were right there; and even with my reservations – make Twister’s horse the best chance in the race… just not value for me @ around 7/4.

Value Is Everything
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 764

That makes sense; good luck with today’s bets.

Really looking forward to see how African Gold gets on tomorrow too.

Thanks Ben,
    I backed African Gold a couple of times last year, really genuine and type to make a better chaser. However, I like to take on chasing debutents, don’t know how he’ll jump and this is a good race to be facing your first fence in public. Can see him getting beat today and then winning the RSA! But well done with Taquin, you were right there; and even with my reservations – make Twister’s horse the best chance in the race… just not value for me @ around 7/4.

Thanks, I was hoping there’d be a lot more runners in Taquin’s race giving him better odds, however it wasn’t to be so we’ll take what we can get! Think you may be right about African Gold, has huge amounts of potential as a chaser but don’t think I’ll be getting involved in his race today, just a watch for me.
    I followed your advice and clocked that Bradley was the pricewise tip last night so got on him (too early) but he has a good chance and should run well.
    Let’s hope today’s another profitable one.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Thanks, I was hoping there’d be a lot more runners in Taquin’s race giving him better odds, however it wasn’t to be so we’ll take what we can get! Think you may be right about African Gold, has huge amounts of potential as a chaser but don’t think I’ll be getting involved in his race today, just a watch for me.

If I was having a bet right now Ben, it would have to be African Gold now he’s out to 5/2!

Value Is Everything
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 764

If I was having a bet right now Ben, it would have to be African Gold now he’s out to 5/2!

You took the words right out of my mouth! Going to back him now.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 764

Good shout with Le Bec at least one of us had the winner, here’s hoping The Vuvuzuela does the business at Punchestown in the next!

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

3:15 Cheltenham
    44 points @ 7/1 (WH) Pine Creek* (min 6/1)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

2:10 Cheltenham
    42 points @ 7/2 (B365) Ted Veale* (min 7/2)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

2:10 Cheltenham
    42 points @ 7/2 (B365) Ted Veale* (min 7/2)

saver:
    26 points @ 13/8 (PP) Raya Star (min 13/8)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

1:50 Fontwell
    41 points @ 11/2 (PP) Camden* (min 5/1)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Saver:
    5 points @ 16/1 (B365) Swincombe Rock (min 16/1)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Savers:
    5 points @ 16/1 (B365) Swincombe Rock (min 16/1)

10 points @ 7/1 (B365) Bucks Bond (min 7/1)
    15 points @ 9/2 (FD) Emperors Choice (min 9/2)
    One more "half bet" to come.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

7 points @ 49/1 (betfair) Ahyerknowyerself* (£198 available)
    25 points @ 10/1 (FD) Ifandbutwhynot* (min 17/2)
    Savers:
    6 points @ 12.5/1 (betfair) Kashmir Peak (min 11/1)(£43 available)
    3 points @ 25/1 (B365) Calculated Risk (min 25/1)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Savers:

5 points @ 13.5/1 (betfair) Court Minstrel (min 12/1)(£52 available)

Value Is Everything
    stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

Savers:

5 points @ 13.5/1 (betfair) Court Minstrel (min 12/1)(£52 available)

I did think about Court Minstrel but wondered if he was currently anywhere near the horse that looked so impressive on quick ground at the end of last season. At the moment the market is strongly suggesting he isn’t – as I speak he has already been shunted out to 18/1.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

I did think about Court Minstrel but wondered if he was currently anywhere near the horse that looked so impressive on quick ground at the end of last season. At the moment the market is strongly suggesting he isn’t – as I speak he has already been shunted out to 18/1.

Strangely enough Stilvi, I might have a block when it comes down to Court Minstrel. Convinced he was a well-handicapped horse last season, then missed Plumpton and Ayr! He’s won 5 of 11 races, yet I’ve backed him 5 times and not had a winner! Behind Dodging Bullets in November, then Melodic Rendezvous at Sandown, and 3 times ante-post; and didn’t even get a run for my money! Tote Gold Trophy, Supreme and County Hurdles! So may be my saver is more that I couldn’t stand it if he won without having anything on. :lol:

Having said that…
    Times suggest to me first two days of Cheltenham were good-soft. Possibility of proper "good" this afternoon. Should suit the horse, as has an action that should be best when conditions are fast. Trainer sending out mixed messages before reappearance, I rarely take much notice anyway. Yes, on the face of it dissapointing. Ground a little too soft and no hold up horses got in to it. May have needed the race and not given a hard time once chance had gone. If I remember right, Williams yet to hit top form this season too (in fairness still hasn’t). So there are reasons to ignore the run. However, do agree you wonder whether (at the moment) not the horse of last term. Which is why he’s not a main bet. Market slide seems to suggest so. Are connections trying to get the horse even better handicapped before another tilt at a top handicap later on? One day Stilvi, one day.

You were right about Timesremembered, fluffed too many flights. Suprised anchored out the back. Not as much pace as we thought and may be connections thought the same as us, hence a change of tactics. However, I’d still have taken 5/2 between the last two hurdles, one that got away. Winner given a good ride.

Got to be pleased with yesterdays results, main bets Le Bec and Johns Spirit winning.

Value Is Everything
    stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

Strangely enough Stilvi, I might have a block when it comes down to Court Minstrel. Convinced he was a well-handicapped horse last season, then missed Plumpton and Ayr! He’s won 5 of 11 races, yet I’ve backed him 5 times and not had a winner! Behind Dodging Bullets in November, then Melodic Rendezvous at Sandown, and 3 times ante-post; and didn’t even get a run for my money! Tote Gold Trophy, Supreme and County Hurdles! So may be my saver is more that I couldn’t stand it if he won without having anything on. :lol:

Having said that…
    Times suggest to me first two days of Cheltenham were good-soft. Possibility of proper "good" this afternoon. Should suit the horse, as has an action that should be best when conditions are fast. Trainer sending out mixed messages before reappearance, I rarely take much notice anyway. Yes, on the face of it dissapointing. Ground a little too soft and no hold up horses got in to it. May have needed the race and not given a hard time once chance had gone. If I remember right, Williams yet to hit top form this season too (in fairness still hasn’t). So there are reasons to ignore the run. However, do agree you wonder whether (at the moment) not the horse of last term. Which is why he’s not a main bet. Market slide seems to suggest so. Are connections trying to get the horse even better handicapped before another tilt at a top handicap later on? One day Stilvi, one day.

You were right about Timesremembered, fluffed too many flights. Suprised anchored out the back. Not as much pace as we thought and may be connections thought the same as us, hence a change of tactics. However, I’d still have taken 5/2 between the last two hurdles, one that got away. Winner given a good ride.

Got to be pleased with yesterdays results, main bets Le Bec and Johns Spirit winning.

If he progresses a little and he gets quick ground I would have thought Court Minstrel is worth a shot at conditions races.

I was disappointed with Timesremembered as I thought he should have beaten the more exposed winner. Perhaps he needs to front run, perhaps Cheltenham isn’t his track. Port Melon was the obvious eyecatcher. He travelled so well I was a little disappointed he could not recover from that mistake. He moves so well I will be surprised if we see him much over the winter.

Le Bec is another with similar ground issues. He probably got away with it yesterday. On better ground he should confirm the form but I doubt we saw the RSA winner.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Arkle Trophy
    47 points @ 5/1 (PP) Champagne Fever* (min 9/2)

Value Is Everything
Viewing 17 posts - 1,497 through 1,513 (of 2,424 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.