The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Gingers Jumpers

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Gingers Jumpers

Viewing 17 posts - 120 through 136 (of 2,424 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

1:55 Sandown
    15 points each way @ 16/1 (VC) Lidhar

10 points @ 6/1 (C betting without the fav) Lidhar

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

hello ginger i must say i have been looking at your selections for a while they are very impressive i was looking at your posting times and i just wonder when do you sleep

:lol:

Hi Trying,

Time in bed varies, today was unusual getting up so early. Had an inkling Do It For Dalkey was Pricewise looking at the prices last night, with 4/1 accross the board and even less on betfair. So thought I was going to be able to get a bigger price if I got up early. Who was it going 5/1?!?! 4/1 was best that I could see!

Often don’t get up until 10 am if I am on here at 2, possibly 3 am!

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Tingle Creek Sandown
    33 points @ 7/1 (T) Kauto Stone

33 points @ 5/1 (PP) Wishful Thinking

Half a saver:

15 points @ 2/1 (Sporting) Sizing Europe

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

3:20 Aintree
    21 points @ 16/1 (VC) Fine Parchment

20 points @ 8/1 (B365) Linnel
    19 points @ 9/1 (VC) Buffalo Bob

10 points @ 6/1 (SJ) Stewarts House

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Queen Mother Champion Chase
    20 points @ 20/1 (WH) Ghizao

20 points @ 7/1 (SJ) Big Zeb

Value Is Everything
    darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7870

I been winning money on 1st scorer bets then the horses my 1st scorer tips on twitter

And well done with your recent winning tips as well i put my sunday tips in my thread as well.So you add your thoughts if you want.

Participant
    • Total Posts 647

Queen Mother Champion Chase
    20 points @ 20/1 (WH) Ghizao

20 points @ 7/1 (SJ) Big Zeb

Wow, 7/1 Big Zeb is huge.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

I think so Pants, don’t know why Big Zeb should be as low as 4/1 with Laddies and Victor, yet 7’s at Stan’s. I hear he’s running at Christmas, so don’t think it’s anthing to do with injury.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

December Gold Cup
    34 points @ 7/1 (b365) Quantitative Easing

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

December Gold Cup
    34 points @ 7/1 (b365) Quantitative Easing

26 points @ 16/1 (VC) Roudoudou Ville

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

December Gold Cup
    The two I like are

Quantitative Easing

and

Roudoudou Ville.

Former ran very well in the Paddy Power to be second and I expect improvement. Despite coming from the biggest betting owner there is in JP, he was allowed to go off at 20/1. You can take from that he wasn’t thought fit enough. Goes well over this course, also placed behind

Divers

at the Festival before failing to stay in Irish National. Fairyhouse seemed to prove his owner-mate

Sunninghill Boy

(3rd) is better over further and probably doesn’t jump well enough to win at this trip anyway. Quantitative Easing’s old rival Divers is a danger and is 3 lbs better off for a 3 1/2 length beating last time. However, I believe the younger horse has the more improvement in him and 7/1 looks worth taking.
    I’ve backed

Great Endeavour

the last twice and he isn’t one to ignore. Would probably have been at least second had he stayed the trip at Newbury. 9 lbs worse off with Quantitative Easing for his 7 length win in Paddy Power. Yet could still improve further back at his favourite course and distance. Trouble is he’s already had two hard races in the last month. I may well come back and have a saver on him.
    I believe

Ghizao

has the ability to win a race of this quality off a mark of 154. After all, I’ve backed him for the Champion Chase. But very disappointing on reappearance. Despite being strongly fancied to win, didn’t jump or travel with his usual fluentcy. Fact he travells well at two miles and can take a pull, makes Ghizao a doubtful stayer in my book. Although on the whole a good jumper, can still hit one.
    Irish challenger

Quel Esprit

was an even worse jumper last year. Didn’t do anything wrong to win on reappearance, but seemed deliberately kept wide for a clear view of his fences in a small field. This will be a more severe test, but has undoubted potential for his very much in form trainer.

Haventgotascoobiedoo

is still a novice and improving fast. So can’t be ruled out despite being 3 lbs out of the handicap with

Woolcombe Folly

as top weight. Has some jumping question marks himself. Good second to Tanks For that at 2 miles on this course last time. Staying on, winner at this trip, should be at least equally effective at it.

Medermit

is a horse I can never get right. Backed him for the Arkle and disappointed. Didn’t at Exeter and scooted up. That didn’t take as much winning as it looked on paper with Captain Chris falling and Ghizao not firing. Seemed exposed in Amlin behind Master Minded.

Roudoudou Ville

is only six years old and improving at pace for a stable doing far better this year (although no winner in last couple of weeks, plenty of runners-up). Won at Sandown last time, fairly easily despite jumping left and Cheltenham should suit better. Hasn’t run at Cheltenham but winner at Chepstow, so an undulating course shouldn’t trouble him. Jumping is always a concern for an inexperienced chaser in a race like this, but 16/1 looks big enough to be worth finding out.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

King George VI
    42 points @ 5/1 (VC) Master Minded

I don’t think Kauto will run.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

2:00 Huntingdon
    54 points @ 15/8 (vc)Somersby

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

1:45 Cheltenham
    37 points @ 7/2 (PP) Fair Along

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

23 points @ 15/2 (WH) Knockara Beau

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

23 points @ 15/2 (WH) Knockara Beau

Wanted to be against Mon Parrain after his dismal Paddy Power effort. Must have been something more than needing further. I don’t think he’s certain to be as good at 3m1f anyway. "Improved" in form terms at Aintree, but not with attitude (finding nowt). Although any market move tomorrow may be significant, there must be a question over temperament now.

Something that is also the case with

Fair Along

. Can sulk if unable to lead / have a view of the front. But that does not stop him running on again, like he did at Newbury. Didn’t jump well there either. Thought I was going to oppose him as well, but this will be far less competitive and may well be able to lead if Knockara Beau does not go on. Flint knows the horse well. Fair Along has an action that is at home on a sound surface and ran well here before.

Knockara Beau

probably needed first race of the season when the stable was in a poor patch (now much better). Knockara Beau himself ran an even worse race first time last season before running well in this race. Stays well and although hasn’t won here, often runs to his best. One unknown is the ground if on the firm side, but acts well on good.

Shakalakaboomboom is the one on the up and could win if continuing that progression. However, has never put up a good run here. Ran at Cheltenham and Aintree before improving at Punchestown last time out in May. Something like the Racing Post Chase might suit him better.

Mostly Bob would stand a chance if coming back to his best, but has had three poor efforts since that form. Possibly better on a flat track.

Swincombe Rock didn’t run well enough in the Paddy Power for me to be interested in him. Although should be better off back at this trip. Stable not in such good form now.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

2:55 Cheltenham
    32 points @ 4/1 (L) Di Kaprio
    24 points @ 11/2 (C) Garton King

Value Is Everything
Viewing 17 posts - 120 through 136 (of 2,424 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.