The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Gingers Jumpers

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Gingers Jumpers

Viewing 17 posts - 2,058 through 2,074 (of 2,424 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

:wink:

:P

Now yo Talkin :wink:

Forgive me, maybe I’ve missed it, don’t see you saying Holywell was

"a serious Gold Cup horse"

until after Boz. :? You certainly identified him as a handicapper

"looks like a typical target sort Jonjo thrives on".

I thought it was Boz that first mentioned Holywell as a Gold Cup horse. Surprised to see

100/1

and did some studying and fully agreed with Boz, so took

50/1

. It was Boz’s "foresight" I was following. :wink:

EDIT: Oh sorry, I see on yet another thread, you did tip Holywell up before boz; only you took 33/1 and he took 100/1. How annoying is that? Must have hurt the self proclaimed "King Of Foresight"!

:lol:

Look forward to you joining myself and Nathan in the Summer jumping comp.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I thought it was Boz that first mentioned Holywell as a Gold Cup horse. Surprised to see

100/1

and did some studying and fully agreed with Boz, so took

50/1

. It was Boz’s "foresight" I was following. :wink:

EDIT: Oh sorry, I see on yet another thread, you did tip Holywell up before boz; only you took 33/1 and he took 100/1. How annoying is that? Must have hurt the self proclaimed "King Of Foresight"!

:lol:

Its good to apologise when you are wrong! 8)

Sometimes you do tend to jump in with both feet Ginge but as usual I’ll forgive you.Being a big fan of

Shutthefrontdoor

it would seem pretty obvious to most I had to have the utmost respect for his conqueror/stable companion

Holywell

supported by the fact Jonjo has long been my fav Jumps trainer so like I said before anyone else,

Holywell

is a Gold cup horse.Being the first on here to take a price I had No choice at the time but to take 33/1 as that was all that was on offer,I did get 50/1 within the same week as other bookmakers priced him up but Betfair had to be told to get him priced as they were the last to include him in the 2015 Gold cup market.I’m pleased for Boz getting 100/1 just like I was OLAS getting 66/1 about MTOY but you ask either and both will tell you I personally inspired them because they respect the drivel that comes out my mouth.As for you following Boz’s foresight……….Confirms again you just cant think for yourself. :roll:

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

This "king of foresight" thing seems to have taken on far too big a place in your own mindset. You took 16/1 Holywell ante-post for the 3m handicap yet 11/1 was freely available on the day. 16/1 Whisper, yet 14/1 was freely available on the day. The difference between your ante-post price taken – and day of race price available… is negligable. It means anyone backing

solely

on the day would’ve done considerably better than you Gord. ie They would not have backed those

non-runner losing bets Cheltenham week. Personally, that makes me glad I do

not

have your "foresight". :wink:

Does it not matter to you that these big prices achieved are ruined by so many ante-post non-runner losers Gord?

:?:

As I’ve said Gord, you come up with some good bets. But the

fact

remains this occasional "foresight" is ruined by so many non-runner losers.

I don’t come up with anywhere near as many ante-post bets as you, therefore I don’t have as many winners ante-post. I did come up with both More Of That when you were banging on about his owner companion and Dynaste for the Ryanair.

But again, you don’t seem to understand, it does not matter when a punter comes up with a bet. The

only

thing that actually matters is overall

profit

. You’re

only

concern is the

bragging rights

for any individual win. :lol:

Are you really not concerned with making a profit?

:?:

As you were so kind in giving me advice Gord, let me give you some. For starters, if you want to persist in ante-post betting, look in to a way of eliminating so many non-particepant losers from your CV. And then think about win only instead of each way. :wink: For sure you won’t be able to brag so many times about a good win (or place saver), but it would pay off in the profit column. :)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Back to the more important stuff.

2015 Arkle Chase
    27 points @ 12/1 (PP) Josses Hill* (min 10/1)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Back to the more important stuff.

2015 Arkle Chase
    27 points @ 12/1 (PP) Josses Hill* (min 10/1)

If you aren’t on yet then hurry, 12/1 now only with VC.

http://www.oddschecker.com/cheltenham-f … phy/winner

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

2015 Champion Chase
    24 points @ 16/1 (Stan James) Balder Success* (min 14/1)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

3:50 Ayr
    30 points @ 14/1 (WH) Roalco De Farges* (min 11/1)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

23 points @ 19/1 (betfair) Godsmejudge* (min 16/1)(£45 available)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

13 points @ 35/1 (betfair) Mister Marker* (min 25/1)(£13 available)
    8 points @ 10/1 (B365) Green Flag (min 10/1)
    7 points @ 12/1 (PP) Mendip Express (min 10/1)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

7 points @ 29/1 (betfair) Lie Forrit (min 25/1)(£31 available)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

"Gingertipster":odov4ezf wrote: 3:50 Ayr

7 points @ 29/1 (betfair) Lie Forrit (min 25/1)(£31 available)

But who do you really want to win Ginge? If they all jump the last together do you cheer a horse on or are you so far detached from the passion of the game that you just see it as laundering money? :roll:

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

But who do you really want to win Ginge?

Me. :roll:

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Exactly the answer you would expect from someone who is so far detached from the very essence of what our Great sport is all about and something that every punter aspires too and thats having the ability to assess a horses ability and pitching your wisdom against the bookmakers. An artist paints a picture with the skills he’s developed over many years,you just chuck a can of paint over yours and hope for the best,there’s no skill in Whitewashing a White Canvas. :roll:

Participant
    • Total Posts 32177

You would bet against your own football team ginge if you thought the opposing team were value, I can imagine you in the shed end at Stamford Bridge mingling with the Chelsea headhunters being secretly firm by Donald McIntyre telling everyone you’ve got 56 points on Chelsea losing 2-0 at 16/1 and a 19 point saver on losing 1-0 at 12/1. They would string you up by your blue is the colour scarf by half time. :lol:

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Exactly the answer you would expect from someone who is so far detached from the very essence of what our Great sport is all about and something that every punter aspires too and thats having the ability to assess a horses ability and pitching your wisdom against the bookmakers. An artist paints a picture with the skills he’s developed over many years,you just chuck a can of paint over yours and hope for the best,there’s no skill in Whitewashing a White Canvas. :roll:

Oh Gord Blimey, not this old chestnut again.

In the race you are criticising, had I backed all those horses to return the same amount – the combined odds are just over 15/8. Better than if another punter backed ONE horse in a race @ 15/8.

Are one horse per race punters betting @ 15/8 "

chucking a can of paint over

" the race? :wink:

Anyone who wants to make a profit from gambling/investing in horses must keep his/her betting seperate from the love of our

"Great Sport"

. If sentiment is allowed to cloud judgement then the punter will sink in to legendary obscurity. I love this sport just as much as you or anyone else. Probably more, because you just love it for the betting.

If I wasn’t able to

"assess a horses ability and pitching (my) wisdom against the bookmakers"

, then both my threads (which are both in their third year) would not show a profit. Indeed it’s you who fails to show a profit, so it’s you who does not have the

"ability"

. :lol:

No, I do not

"chuck a can of paint… and hope for the best"

. :roll: I study the race and identify horses I believe are value, and back the very best as main bets and others as either half stakes or savers. It’s obvious someone who is no good at spotting value when backing several horses in a (many) race/s – would just lose more money than if he/she bets one horse per race. But my "skills enable me to show an excellent profit Gordie, therefore I must be good at

"assessing a horses ability"

, and not just with one horse but several (all). You on the other hand… :lol:

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

You would bet against your own football team ginge if you thought the opposing team were value, I can imagine you in the shed end at Stamford Bridge mingling with the Chelsea headhunters being secretly firm by Donald McIntyre telling everyone you’ve got 56 points on Chelsea losing 2-0 at 16/1 and a 19 point saver on losing 1-0 at 12/1. They would string you up by your blue is the colour scarf by half time. :lol:

I wouldn’t quite go as far Nathan. :lol:

Liverpool aren’t my favourite football team by any means, but still backed them @ 10/1 to win the title. That didn’t stop me cheering on The Saints when they met. Same when England played in the last World Cup.

I backed Panto Prince to win the Victor Chandler Chase at Ascot; he came over the last in a dual with Desert Orchid. I was shouting "Go on Panto, go on Panto, go on Panto"! Then suddenly surprised myself, half-way up the run-in (without thinking) "go on Dessie, go on Dessie, go on Dessie!

Since then it’s not been unusual for me to cheer on one of my favourite horses against one I’ve backed.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Gord,
    If I may remind you, the last National Grand National I did not back was Ballabriggs.

Le Beau Bai, Neptune Collonges, Merigo, Monbeg Dude, Aurora’s Encore, Mountainous, Pineau De Re…

All bar last named main bets.
    Not doing too badly my way. :wink:

Value Is Everything
Viewing 17 posts - 2,058 through 2,074 (of 2,424 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.