The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Gingers Jumpers

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Gingers Jumpers

Viewing 17 posts - 2,041 through 2,057 (of 2,424 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Well, I suppose I can say I’ve backed the last 3 Grand National winners. :)

Value Is Everything
    samj89
    Participant
    • Total Posts 708

Well done ginge and good write up on the winner, I have had a great day. Also Happy I decided to do my mains in a lucky 15!
    Win @ 11/2 Lac fontana
    win @ 4/1 Balder success
    agonising 2nd at fishes cross (because of a loose shoe?)
    a brilliant win @ 16/1 Duke of lucca
    £800 received, could of easily of been over £3,000 oh well can’t grumble :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

You are unique Ginge,you have given a great write up on the winner of this years National and backed it at 37/1 a superb price…………….

AND STILL LOST

! Incredible! :roll: Everyone who backed the winner today will be celebrating,you should take a close look at your ‘Carpet bomb’ "Approach and learn from it and hopefully next year do something Different".

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

You are unique Ginge,you have given a great write up on the winner of this years National and backed it at 37/1 a superb price…………….

AND STILL LOST

! Incredible! :roll: Everyone who backed the winner today will be celebrating,you should take a close look at your ‘Carpet bomb’ "Approach and learn from it and hopefully next year do something Different".

After NRNB Godsmejudge, laying back my Monbeg Dude bet for effectively a free bet, and half stake back from Swing Bill…
    My stakes were 152 and my return was 152 less any commission. I lost practically nothing…

And what of your

bets for the Grand National Gord.
    Two didn’t turn up. Your Sunnyhillboy win bet and your Sunnyhillboy saver place bet. And what happened to your other 6 bets? None got around. Tidal Bay win bet and saver place bets – brought down. Like I said in my write ups, to ask such horses to go from last to first (or first 4) is asking for trouble. Burton Port win bet and place bets – unseated. As I said in the write up, the way Burton Port ran at Newbury suggests he needs to front run to run and jump well these days. Long Run win and saver place bets – Fell. Fair enough you got a good price worth taking the chance on his (as said in my write ups) dodgy jumping…

But why do you do these

place saver bets

on poor jumpers Gord, when you could have chosen other horses as saver bets that might have got your money back?

You could even have several

win saver

bets with your "place" money. Possibly Pineau De Ree!

So in the last three Grand Nationals – I have backed:

Neptune Collonges as a main bet.
    Auroras Encore as a main bet, but had I only done one or two bets would’ve probably missed the 119/1 winner.
    And this year losing nothing compared to your own record of… :lol:

Doesn’t sound as if it should be me to

"learn from it and hopefully next year do something Different".

:wink:

I know all that matters to you Gord is bragging rights. Because you don’t secure an overall profit – an individual "win" is all you can hope for. But for those that are more concerned in making a profit – it is more important just to keep making money.

I had another excellent day’s betting today with both Balder Success and Whisper winning. Shame Balthazar King didn’t win but getting my Grand National money back was well worth doing… Whether I make a couple of points profit or a couple of points loss in one individual race – means next to nothing when calculating profits.

My way of doing things works for me Gord. Where as your way of doing things is not working for you. Who is it that needs to "learn". :lol:

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Aintree Bets:

-27 Fox Norton
    -39 Activial
    -19 Calipto

66 Dynaste

-52 Irish Saint
    20 each way @ 11/1 Rock On Ruby 2nd Return 75

54 Uxizandre @ 5/1 1st Return 324
    -20 Western Warhorse
    +250

Thursday profit +82 points

-71 O’Faolains Boy
    22 points @ 100/30 1st Return 95.33
    +2.33

-47 Rajdhani Express
    -8 Ballyngour

-24 Rebel Rebellion
    24 points @ 16/1 Ma Fileule 1st Return 408
    -31 Standing Ovation
    -5 Doeslessthanme
    -9 Double Ross
    -6 Lost Legend
    +309

Friday Profit +256.33 points

-40 Wilde Blue Yonder
    -27 Volnay De Thaix
    -7 Sea Lord
    -10 Un Ace

-40 Next Sensation
    48 @ 4/1 Balder Success 1st Return 240
    +152

46 @ 5.4/1 Whisper 1st Return 281.98 (incl. Commission)
    -42 Zarkandar
    -8 Thousand Stars
    +185.98

-30Teaforthree
    -10 Cape Tribulation
    -20 Monbeg Dude
    -23 Teaforthree (place)
    -24 Rocky Creek
    -14 Balthazar King
    -21 Big Shu
    -12 Long Run
    -3 Swing Bill (half stake refunded)
    -8 Mountainous
    +20 LAY 20 Monbeg Dude
    -3 Chance Du Roy
    4 @ 37/1 Pineau De Ree 1st Return 144.6 (incl. commission)

Saturday Profit +246.58 points

Aintree Profit +584.91 points

2011/2012 Season Profit +1552.85 points
    2012/2013 Season Profit +4470.00 points

Season So Far +1351.15 points
    Total Thread Profit +7374.00 points

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Well done ginge and good write up on the winner, I have had a great day. Also Happy I decided to do my mains in a lucky 15!
    Win @ 11/2 Lac fontana
    win @ 4/1 Balder success
    agonising 2nd at fishes cross (because of a loose shoe?)
    a brilliant win @ 16/1 Duke of lucca
    £800 received, could of easily of been over £3,000 oh well can’t grumble :lol:

Great profit Sam, well done! Unlucky with Fishers, but try not to look at what might have been. Lucky 15’s aren’t my way of betting, but if it works for you then go for it! :D

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

The average punter bets on one horse per race,occassionaly two,when we lose we accept it and move on.For some weird reason you have to bet on half the bloody field,thats not Gambling thats panic buying.Your strike rate of taking the first 2 horses you put up would show what a pathetic judge you are,anybody can cover their A*ses the way you do things but thats not what Gamblings about,its about taking a risk and the bigger the odds the bigger the reward,you have never won anything in reality that would make the equivalent to a 33/1 winner because you lack the courage of your conviction,a reflection of your weak character.You tiptoe through life,mincing about at playing Horseracing whereas those of us with legendary status,status earned by being fearless intrepid leaders of massive price coups dont just walk on water,we run on it,thats basically the difference between you and me really. :lol:

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

AND STILL LOST

After NRNB Godsmejudge, laying back my Monbeg Dude bet for effectively a free bet, and half stake back from Swing Bill…
    My stakes were 152 and my return was 152 less any commission. I lost practically nothing…

And what of your

bets for the Grand National Gord.
    Two didn’t turn up. Your Sunnyhillboy win bet and your Sunnyhillboy saver place bet. And what happened to your other 6 bets? None got around. Tidal Bay win bet and saver place bets – brought down. Like I said in my write ups, to ask such horses to go from last to first (or first 4) is asking for trouble. Burton Port win bet and place bets – unseated. As I said in the write up, the way Burton Port ran at Newbury suggests he needs to front run to run and jump well these days. Long Run win and saver place bets – Fell. Fair enough you got a good price worth taking the chance on his (as said in my write ups) dodgy jumping…

But why do you do these

place saver bets

on poor jumpers Gord, when you could have chosen other horses as saver bets that might have got your money back?

You could even have several

win saver

bets with your "place" money. Possibly Pineau De Ree!

So in the last three Grand Nationals – I have backed:

Neptune Collonges as a main bet.
    Auroras Encore as a main bet, but had I only done one or two bets would’ve probably missed the 119/1 winner.
    And this year losing nothing compared to your own record of… :lol:

Doesn’t sound as if it should be me to

"learn from it and hopefully next year do something Different".

I know all that matters to you Gord is bragging rights. Because you don’t secure an overall profit – an individual "win" is all you can hope for. But for those that are more concerned in making a profit – it is more important just to keep making money.

I had another excellent day’s betting today with both Balder Success and Whisper winning. Shame Balthazar King didn’t win but getting my Grand National money back was well worth doing… Whether I make a couple of points profit or a couple of points loss in one individual race – means next to nothing when calculating profits.

My way of doing things works for me Gord. Where as your way of doing things is not working for you. Who is it that needs to "learn". :lol:

If this were a boxing contest you would hope the referee would step in at a very early stage.

My betting pattern is nothing like Gingers and I suspect that is the same for most people. The ‘problem’ punters have is that betting is about winning and that whether you like it or not is about figures. It doesn’t make much sense to just go overboard about a success now and again while at the same time glossing over all the failures. Ginger puts his figures up so you can see it in black and white. With this method you obviously need a large number of winners to sustain a profit and that as far as I can see is what this thread achieves on a regular basis.

samj89
    Participant
    • Total Posts 708

"The average punter bets on one horse per race"

He’s a professional no average punter :lol: his seasonal points profit speaks for itself,
    £10 plus per point and he makes a nice salary. The way he bets is a steadier ROI
    As a professional gambler without a substantially large bankroll sitting in the bank you cannot just sit and wait for these big priced winners to come in for you neither put 10% of you’re bankroll on an evens favourite!, he’s doing a very good job and has to explain himself time and time again to you and it’s getting old.

samj89
    Participant
    • Total Posts 708

Also he may only be doing the grand national as an interesting spectacle, it’s not exactly a wise investment race IMO

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

"The average punter bets on one horse per race"

He’s a professional no average punter :lol: his seasonal points profit speaks for itself,

£10 plus per point and he makes a nice salary.

The way he bets is a steadier ROI
    As a professional gambler without a substantially large bankroll sitting in the bank you cannot just sit and wait for these big priced winners to come in for you neither put 10% of you’re bankroll on an evens favourite!, he’s doing a very good job and has to explain himself time and time again to you and it’s getting old.

Thanks for coming to my defence Sam, although am not rolling in it. :lol: Wouldn’t exactly say "£10 a point", and most people probably won’t call it a "nice salary". But am doing as well now as I did as a carpet fitter, so doing well enough… and stakes per point are gradually increasing.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

If this were a boxing contest you would hope the referee would step in at a very early stage.

My betting pattern is nothing like Gingers and I suspect that is the same for most people. The ‘problem’ punters have is that betting is about winning and that whether you like it or not is about figures. It doesn’t make much sense to just go overboard about a success now and again while at the same time glossing over all the failures. Ginger puts his figures up so you can see it in black and white. With this method you obviously need a large number of winners to sustain a profit and that as far as I can see is what this thread achieves on a regular basis.

Thanks Stilvi,
    I do realise my way of betting isn’t to everyone’s taste. Although anyone can simplify it by cutting out my savers. Am sure it would show just as good, if not a better profit. The horses with a * are main bets.

Bang on, it’s the profit that matters, not an individual win/loss.

Value Is Everything
    samj89
    Participant
    • Total Posts 708

I didn’t mean you were doing £10 per point but if you were you would be making at least 30k take home per year.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

The average punter bets on one horse per race,occassionaly two,when we lose we accept it and move on.

For some weird reason you have to bet on half the bloody field,thats not Gambling thats panic buying.

invest

! :wink:

Your strike rate of taking the first 2 horses you put up would show what a pathetic judge you are,anybody can cover their A*ses the way you do things

:lol: Thought you’d realise before now that if someone is a bad "judge" – then he/she would

lose

a greater amount by backing more horses in a race; not less.

but thats not what Gamblings about,its about taking a risk and the bigger the odds the bigger the reward,you have never won anything in reality that would make the equivalent to a 33/1 winner because you lack the courage of your conviction,a reflection of your weak character.

:wink: Of course, some people might say someone who needs reassurance of constant each way betting does not have enough "courage" to succeed.

You tiptoe through life,mincing about at playing Horseracing whereas those of us with legendary status,status earned by being fearless intrepid leaders of massive price coups dont just walk on water,we run on it,thats basically the difference between you and me really. :lol:

Yes, if punters want a thrill of one big win now and again, they should follow you Gord. But that is the mentality of mug punters. Note, all your ramblings fail to mention profit, if TRFers want that they should look elsewhere.

I may "tiptoe" Gord, but we can’t all go around in hobnail boots proclaiming our own greatness, with nothing to substantiate it other than aftertiming. :lol:

By the way, is this the green eyed monster rearing its ugly head again? Just after I’ve won another tipping competition. There seems a pattern. :mrgreen:

https://theracingforum.co.uk/horse-r … 0&start=39

:P

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

I didn’t mean you were doing £10 per point but if you were you would be making at least 30k take home per year.

Very true Sam, I knew what you meant, just didn’t want anyone else to get the wrong impression.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I may "tiptoe" Gord, but we can’t all go around in hobnail boots proclaiming our own greatness, with nothing to substantiate it other than aftertiming. :lol:

Now yo Talkin :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Now yo Talkin :wink:

Yes Gord, you come up with the odd good winner, as everyone does. But what you don’t seem to understand is it does not matter when punters bet. Any 16/1 winner backed months ago pays no more than someone backing a 16/1 winner on the day.

You can’t stop telling us about all your past glories. But you had

ante-post Cheltenham tips that either did

not

turn up or turned up in a different race than you backed them for. Sorry, I tell a lie, make that

44!

As you had two bets on each horse, one to win and one to place. You then seem to conveniently forget about a lot of those ante-post losers. Also mentioning horses in passing, saying things like

"worthy favourite @ 8/1"

, and then months later inform us all you took the 8/1… Fair enough if you did, but there are dozens of other horses with more glowing comments that aren’t spoken of later as a bet.

When you’ve already backed something that’s shortened significantly; it turns out you’ve kept on backing it "

all rates down

". :lol: Yet whenever a horse fails to make it there or lengthens in price you’ve only had a

minimal bet

Am always delighted if someone has got a better price than me. Convinced the odds I take are excellent value and if someone does better – then it means those bookies are going to take a hammering. If I think something is a good price and you’ve already backed/tipped it – I don’t care – it’s still a good price and worth putting up. However…

This "king of foresight" thing seems to have taken on far too big a place in your own mindset. You took 16/1 Holywell ante-post for the 3m handicap yet 11/1 was freely available on the day. 16/1 Whisper, yet 14/1 was freely available on the day. The difference between your ante-post price taken – and day of race price available… is negligable. It means anyone backing

solely

on the day would’ve done considerably better than you Gord. ie They would not have backed those

non-runner losing bets Cheltenham week. Personally, that makes me glad I do

not

have your "foresight". :wink:

Does it not matter to you that these big prices achieved are ruined by so many ante-post non-runner losers Gord?

Value Is Everything
Viewing 17 posts - 2,041 through 2,057 (of 2,424 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.