The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Gigginstown’s bad run of luck

Home Forums Horse Racing Gigginstown’s bad run of luck

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    befair
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1375

Burton Port’s striking performance remined me what we lost in Weapons’s Amnesty. The way he skipped over the last fence and simply scampered up the hill in the RSA was unforgettable.
    A few months ago Gigginstown looked to have an embarrassmnet of riches, but racing is a great leveller; WA still out, Quito out, First L’tant struggling, Last Instalment out. Are they due a change of luck?

Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4704

Midnight Game & Trifolium in the Supreme, so all is not lost. Sir Des Champs there as well.

freeradical
    • Total Posts 336

At present they will probably view this season as mixed, granted they have won some grade 1’s but have been unlucky to have lost a number of their horses with High Kings being the latest.

My view was that Last Instalment was their real class horse this year, but at least hope he’s back next year.

The Young Fella
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2066

Mossbank was another unlucky one for Gigginstown. Arguably should have won The Ryanair when kept too far off the pace, then missed two years.

Even War Of Attrition was stricken by injury for a year after winning his Gold Cup.

I bet they want to wrap their stars in cotton wool nowadays!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.