The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Gaspara

Home Forums Horse Racing Gaspara

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Seagull
    • Total Posts 1708

I played up some recent winnings on Gaspara last Saturday and had a 12k to 1k.<br>When she came storming through near the end I thought I was going to be collecting.<br>This is the horse that to me has made astonishing progress this year and would have been a serious threat to Katchit (imho) if they had met at Cheltenham.<br>This is just a 4 year old that has won on heavy ground at Sandown, soft at Chepstow (when she floored Classic Fiddle a Henderson hotpot very easliy) and won on good to soft at Cheltenham and run 2nd on good ground at Aintree. So she clearly goes on any ground.<br>She can also race up with the pace as she led all the way at Cheltenham and race off the pace as she did when winning at Sandown so she seems to have it all.<br>I thought she hit a few hurdles very hard last Saturday which must have cost her towards the end but she must be the best juvenile hurdler in training at the moment.<br>This horse, with another year behind her and if she stays free of any injury could be the one next year to take on Sublimity.<br>Stan James go 20/1 but knocked back a request for £200 at that price this morning.<br>A major player next year in the top hurdle races.

(Edited by Seagull at 9:45 am on April 16, 2007)

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Beware of 5yo’s in the Champion Hdl!

Seagull
    • Total Posts 1708

David<br>The trends also showed that all but 1 of the last 30 runnings of the Aintree hurdle went to a horse that had run at Cheltenham. <br>That of course meant that one would have to put a line through Al Eile.<br>The trends also would have dismissed Gaspara as previous results show not many younger horses win this race just the once in the last 18 runnings of this race has the race been won by a 5 year old horse. No other 4 year old has ever got close.<br>This proves all the more what an outstanding prospect Gaspara is.

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8818

I’d be concerned about her ability to stand prolonged rigorous training. She’s slight, small and while those are no bar to success I fear she may have had her fifteen minutes.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

She has experience of fences in France. Although she’s tiny and I wouldn’t fancy her at all for such a race, the 4yo allowance and fillies allowance could see them go down that route with her.

Seagull
    • Total Posts 1708

Corm<br>I dont think the owner (Martin Pipe) will be allowing his horse to be given that much to do over the next 10 months or so.<br>Gaspara has showed how tough she is an can take 3 hard races in a short space of time and I think she will be trained solely for the Festival now.

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

Mr Pipe has had plenty of promising types in the past who have been run into the ground.. I hardly think that statement is backed up by empirical evidence.. Perhaps now that Mr Pipe is an owner though he might change his tact.

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8818

I hope so Seagull as she is a very taking individual who has shown she has plenty heart.<br>Mr Pipe has been known to campaign them pretty vigorously in the past, making hay while the sun shines I suppose, and while such an approach has yielded great results it hasn’t always resulted in his horses having the longest careers (perhaps I’m being unfair).

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

Corm, posting the same thing concurrently shows that your probably not!!!  :biggrin:

Lingfield
    • Total Posts 919

I couldn’t be having either Katchit or Gaspara for the top hurdle races next year. Both to my mind lack scope.<br>Gaspara has been well h’capped with loads in hand and received significant sex and age allowances on Saturday.<br>Yes, a good run but much tougher next year and I fancy she has had her 15 minutes of fame with the cash bonus for winning at Cheltenham.<br>As regards Pipe campaigning, traditionally a short term view has been taken with horses running within short time frames and on ground with "firm" in the description (see Exeter runners tomorrow).<br>A more patient approach seems to have been taken with some this year, including the Johnson owned, but to no great effect with his horses. Sense friction there from his recent comments but that is another thread! <br>  

Mounty
    • Total Posts 455

Stan (Sid) James knocked you back? If I had a pound for every time I’d heard that said…..

dave 22
    • Total Posts 339

A cracking little mare who could be a star if handled sympathetically, but as has already been mentioned, she is owned by a man who is known to over race promising types, who achieve alot in their first campaign, dont get me wrong, but then disapoint the following year. Plus this mare lacks scope

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.