The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Gamble Landed!

Home Forums Horse Racing Gamble Landed!

Viewing 17 posts - 103 through 119 (of 135 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 32970

Ginger – you always seem to assume that people who give out about the sport are bad punters… Why is this? Can you not simply accept that some people are annoyed by cheating ruining a sport they love?

Does it really have to be pocket talking when somebody comments about a case which to anyone at this stage looks to be at least on the verge of cheating?

"if punters can make a profit without inside information, purely by studying form" – Ok so what do you say to those who studied the form of Am I Blue and put a pen through it like I presume most people did?

All those people who didnt give the horse a chance from studying the form – they dont know the subject well enough????

Not every comment is "pocket talking". But are you really telling me that, if you made a profit from studying form, you’d still believe the game is totally bent? Point is: If people can make a profit studying form, the GAME CAN NOT BE AS BENT AS YOU MAKE OUT.

If he believed the odds were value he should back it (including Am I Blue), if he didn’t make it value then no bet. But one race makes absolutely no difference to whether a punter can make an overall profit.

Value Is Everything
    Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

What is it with these horse that have ‘blue’ in their name lately? Have you factored that one in, Gingertipster?

In the 3:30 at Newton Abbot, Cashel Blue gets hammered in to as if defeat’s out of the question, leaves a string of 70+ length defeats behind and duly obliges.

They knew.

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3762

Carvills,

I’m assuming that the BHA suspect that the rules regarding training may have been breached, as I can think of no other reason why the official statement issued by Paul Struthers would make a specific reference to the Licensing Department.

Apart from the other circumstances, I find it interesting that none of the major stables from South Wales had a runner in this 0-95 2m 4f handicap hurdle at one of their local tracks – it’s almost as if they knew in advance that they wouldn’t be able to win!

AP

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

What is it with these horse that have ‘blue’ in their name lately? Have you factored that one in, Gingertipster?

In the 3:30 at Newton Abbot, Cashel Blue gets hammered in to as if defeat’s out of the question, leaves a string of 70+ length defeats behind and duly obliges.

They knew.

A general 25/1 in to 8/1 and never challenged.

Hmm.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 1684

With the ground as it is, I’ve joined the ranks of the layers of Am I Blue.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 1684

Won nicely again.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Drifted and won. :lol:

Blatantly didn’t see out the trip, 2nd horse was dead on its feet.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6009

Follow a four year old filly in the fall :?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

So Am I Blue was absolutely mullered off an official mark of 90 at Worcester in August, yet hacked up off an effective mark of 90 today?

Kind of dents the ‘drop a horse enough’ theory.

royal falcon
    • Total Posts 15

Game performance I thought, though perhaps true enough she had little to beat. No-one has mentioned that she is half sister to Deep Purple…

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Game performance I thought, though perhaps true enough she had little to beat. No-one has mentioned that she is half sister to Deep Purple…

They wouldn’t, too many people are waiting for cases like this so they can try and say Horse Racing is riddled. The Am I Blue saga is a disgrace to connections and should receive apologies from major TV channels, Newspapers alike who thought they were easy targets.

As another poster has mentioned today there has been another similar incident although I don’t suppose they’re going to have a full scale investigation or a media meltdown, I wonder who really has the hidden agenda? and just expresses the "Us v Them" separation in racing.

I see the press trying to say its a disservice to punters but I doubt many were out of bed at ten past three on Friday nor had they analysed a 0-95 hurdle at Hereford and bet anything bar a place pot selection, do punters even care about the last race as they’re a fickle bunch and look forward to the next bet.

I remember Michael Wigham switching jockies at Brighton 5 minutes prior to the race yet never received the backlash that Mrs Thomas has received

Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

They knew.

A general 25/1 in to 8/1 and never challenged.

Hmm.

Is this some sort of appeal for someone to send you a free formbook AJ?

Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

They wouldn’t, too many people are waiting for cases like this so they can try and say Horse Racing is riddled. The Am I Blue saga is a disgrace to connections and should receive apologies from major TV channels, Newspapers alike who thought they were easy targets.

‘They’ wouldn’t because it’s irrelevant, Mr Wilson.

I don’t suppose you know if it were a dental appointment or a flat tyre that kept Coleman? If people can’t at least cover their arses properly, what do you expect?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Mine is perfectly adequate, Rory, and it isn’t written in riddles.

Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

Swansea Jack (SC Williams)8:40 Kempton…

Only saw 14’s on my screen (probably backed in from considerably bigger odds) into 11/4 and obliges.

Well handicapped, it seems, and finished behind a subsequent winner in Cardinal last time out – albeit a good 11 lengths.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

I noticed this on p 18 of the BHA Annual report AP put up earlier. Spot any familiar names? 8)

Investigating Officers

John Burgess Malcolm Carson
    Jonathan Dunn Tim Miller
    Stuart Williams

Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

All

a

bove

board

:D

Viewing 17 posts - 103 through 119 (of 135 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.