The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Friends of Tipperary Hurdle 2009

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Friends of Tipperary Hurdle 2009

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Imperial Call
    • Total Posts 2184

(3:55) 274D Friends Of Tipperary H’dle (Grade 2)
    €35,805.00 ( 2m – 4yo+ )

1 Go Native(147) (NMeade) – . …………….. 11,12
    2 Raise Your Heart(137) (Ms.JMorgan) – …….. 11,07
    3 Carthalawn(124) (CByrnes) – DNRussell…….. 11,04
    4 Essex(142) (MJPO’Brien) – AELynch(C)(T) ….. 11,04
    5 Mahrajaan (USA) (RPBurns) – …………….. 11,04
    6 River Liane (FR)(147) (TCooper) – . ……… 11,04
    7 Tramp Stamp(124) (MPalussiere) – MPWalsh …. 11,02

Really a race Go Native should be winning comfortably if he has serious Champion Hurdle aspirations. Giving weight away to Raise Your Heart on his favoured fast ground should be a good test of his ability and of last year’s novice form. Meade’s are usually fairly forward first time out so he should be good enough. Wouldn’t want to be taking a shortish price about him though.

River Liane and Essex are useful hurdlers but they’d probably prefer more cut. Tramp Stamp has showed ability at times but she was beaten last time out at Listowel in a much softer race than this.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Sunday if anyone’s wondering 8)

I’m not so sure River Laine will be to put out by the ground and he’s a bit of a rogue at times is that Go Native.

I might just have a few quid on Tommy Cooper to pull off some magic "Just like that" "not like that" "but like that" Aza!zaza!!

He’s always bit of a talking horse and always ran in the best of company. He’s also the type to win a decent race at this time of the season before the big boys come out tp play

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

For once I agree with Fist- 10/1 looks big about this horse who goes well fresh. The ground is an unknown but could be OK.
    Though the vibes are positive about the fav he looks plenty short enough to me give that he has to concede 8lbs to River Liane. Raise Your Heart is a softer ground horse.Essex too might want a bit more cut and is possibly better at 2 1/2 now.

Imperial Call
    • Total Posts 2184

Raise Your Heart now a NR. Think a muddling pace might get Go Native beat. He relished the pace they went at Cheltenham. Looks like he needs a true run 2 miles to be at his best.

I wonder would Carberry consider making it.

Imperial Call
    • Total Posts 2184

Did that nicely enough. Much bigger tests will lie ahead though.

I’d say they’d be better off aiming him at races in England where he’d get better ground. I’d have the Fighting Fifth and the Christmas Hurdle in mind for him if he was mine. No point in chasing rainbows against Hurricane Fly at Punchestown and Leopardstown in soft ground.

thehorsesmouth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5552

Impressive win by Go Native, although he only did what was expected of him.

Barker
    • Total Posts 55

Go Native looks the ideal type to take over from Harchi, who goes chasing. Fighting Fifth and Christmas Hurdle, where he’ll get his preferred good ground, look the races for him. Even the International at Cheltenham might be on the agenda!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.