The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Foxhunters Chase

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 86

Early shout for ALONEAMOUNGMILLIONS at 20/1 ew

Will it go? A lovely 7 year old who has already beaten Staker Wallace on Nov 8th at a PTP (the 4th in this race last season) very easily.

Only rules run was at Gowran Park in March beating Some Man who was previously with Paul Nicholls who had some taking form with Summerville Boy back in 2017.

ALONEAMOUNGMILLIONS is 6 from 7 and only fell on his first ever run but was going very easily when he came down.

I’m on as an early speculative bet at 20/1 ew

Participant
    • Total Posts 86

Cracking Hunters at Down Royal this Thursday and ALONEAMOUNGMILLIONS entered against BILLAWAY (the current fav for Foxhunters), SOME MAN also entered here but Millions holds him (should do) from last season.

I’ve filled my boots at 20\1 ew for Foxhunters, hopefully we run well to cement that price and something to look forward to come the Friday after the Gold Cup…..

• Total Posts 14937
    shipithollabolla
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 129

Interested to see whether On The Sod can get qualified.

He hasn’t really got the form to have a say yet but is amassing a nice win record, really fell in love with him after his display at Downpatrick last season.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7204

It’s not called the Foxhunters any more. I’m surprised National Hunt racing is still known as such. Not be long before the history of the sport is backpedalled away from even quicker and the jumps is known as Hopefully Socially Acceptable Obstacle Racing.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7204

Bellow Mome is entered in a hunter chase on Sunday. I was wondering where he’d got to.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6489

Thought billaway was very scruffy at his obstacles today and looked to have a very hard race

If it came to pass repeats the level of his run from last year again I think he will be incredibly hard to beat

Not running on the horrendous ground today may be a good thing too

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7179

I’m already on Billaway 11-2 ew, not too concerned about the hardish race, more on his jumping. Has to be better at Cheltenham else he’s going to be vulnerable again. It Came To Pass was a 66-1 winner last season so may have been just a fluke. Wouldn’t know which other one would potentially take advantage – any one of the them could pop up like what ICTP did.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6489

Tbf to him it came to pass has beaten billaway twice now

Once by 8 lengths over 2m4f getting a bit of weight at Cork

The other at Cheltenham

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7179

The Cork run, Billaway was still a relatively young horse. Fair play to ICTP to get the job done as a 9 year old on the day.

Participant
    • Total Posts 31237

Will be strange this year without the amateur riders

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 8083

And the riders who pretend they are amateurs. 😉

• Total Posts 14937

Taken a chance here with Wishing and Hoping.

Should have no chance with Bob and Co on that Haydock run, but I could see him making the frame. He was very popular for this last year, but ended up missing it. I think he’s a decent enough horse, and he looks overpriced.

I’m hoping for four places at least on the day, so for now, I’ll just take the Win NRNB. I had also looked at Mighty Stoaway, and should Wishing not go, then I’ll go with him.

Wishing and Hoping 33’s NRNB

Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

It came to pass seems a very backable price at around 13/2 (haven’t shopped around), I would imagine this seasons form can be taken with a pinch of salt given they probably had this race in mind as soon as they won it last year.

• Total Posts 14937

Happy to see four places as I hoped for, so topped Wishing and Hoping to 50’s.

Wishing and Hoping 50’s EW 4 Places

Avatar photoThe Tatling Cheekily
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2723

Don’t particularly like this thread being called ‘The Foxhunters’. Its official name of ‘Hunters Chase’ is bad enough.

Not trying to be a clever sod or offend anyone. Just a personal opinion.

BUY THE SUN

Participant
    • Total Posts 1992

This is one of my favourite races of the year. Pretty drunk right now, so might not make the best case. But Mr Mantilla looks like he’s going to be seriously overpriced tomorrow. He hasn’t run under rules yet, but the strength of these Irish PTP’s is basically equivalent (they have fewer hunter chases, so the best runners always get funnelled into them, particularly before the Cork easter card). He beat a good field at Stradbelly and he’s joined a British yard I really rate in David Jeffreys.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.