Forum Censorship?

Home Forums Lounge Forum Censorship?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    GingertipsterGingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26354

How is talking about whether we should welcome Sheikh Mohammed to HORSE RACING not about this section’s title of “HORSE RACING”?

Why has this subject been relegated to the Lounge? :unsure:

value is everything
    MatronMatron
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5662

I did.

No place for it in the main racing section of TRF as this topic “Forum Sensorship”.

GingertipsterGingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26354

:bye:

value is everything
    KrisKris
    Participant
    • Total Posts 470

I’m disappointed.

I thought that this thread was going to be about the rather dubious circumstances under which Potato got blocked.

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 207

Funnily enough, I have been meaning to ask a similar question Kris.
    What happened to Potato?
    His “youthful” impetuous crazy ways had certainly brought things to life on TRF.
    His love affair with EE. The hilarious send up Hitler Bunker video.
    The “team”. His arrogance and intransigence was cartoon character like and only really offensive if not taken tongue in cheek.
    I noticed another recently blocked member Lost Soldier3 was instrumental in trying to coax him back when he lost heart after a losing sequence on his two year old thread.
    Many of his posts(Potato’s) and selections were wide of the mark, but many were spot on and he certainly brought something to the forum again even more so on his return.
    This and the excellent big race discussion thread persuaded me to return to TRF recently, after many years.
    I know Corm gave LS3 several warnings, I read the threads as a casual browser.

The absence of Potato and indeed,Lost Soldier 3 hasn’t caused a ripple of discussion on here which in itself isn’t terribly healthy!

Ex RubyLightEx RubyLight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1267

I was wondering the same about potato. He is a bit childish and likes repeating himself, but I never thought of him as a person insulting others.

KrisKris
    Participant
    • Total Posts 470

It was a strange one.

Potato accused someone of being an alter ego of another poster, after this poster, and a few others were winding him up.

This poster said that he would knock Potato clean out if he spoke to him like that in real life. He then called Potato a Shithouse.

The posts were quickly deleted, however for some reason it was Potato who got banned. I assume that one of the moderators got mixed up.

This other posters conduct was clearly against site rules.

What makes it even more curious, is that Nausered was banned last year for saying he would knock out a certain poster on here, if he spoke to him like that in real life.

It was on the arc thread.

I didn’t see what happened with Lost Soldier. He’s another big loss on here.

homersimpson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2139

Yes two of my favourite posters.

Potato was a total wind up merchant. Trouble is you can’t always tell from the written word when hid behind a keyboard. But he’d been on here so long that surely people worked this out. His cockiness on the Gold Cup and Arc threads were great. So much so I had a little bet on EE for the GC.

LS3 is another who despite been the “enemy” seems to have a great deal of knowledge about the sport.

Didn’t know either were taking a holiday from the forum at present and hope these are only temporary bans.

IgorBiscan
    Participant
    • Total Posts 49

Well I’m the other person, he didn’t just accuse he was relentless and would not let it go, so yes I’m afraid I lost my temper just like I would if someone did that to me face to face, If I broke the site rules so be it!! I’d had no problem with Potato before the Arc thread and his constant Appleby form posts.

Not sure if you imply that I’m this poster or that I should be banned? :bye:

homersimpson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2139

And in both cases it’s so easy just to walk away – even more so on a forum.

KrisKris
    Participant
    • Total Posts 470

Sam, you have hit the nail on the head, their exclusion should have been discussed/explained, but not a ripple.

Ruby, you’re right, Potato didn’t insult anyone, he didn’t deserve the threat they would knock him out. In fact the only person getting insulted was Potato himself, getting called a Shithouse. What annoyed me, was that someone else got barred last year for such a threat, yet it was Potato who got banned this time. It doesn’t make sense. That is double standards, and I’m curious as to why that is. I genuinely believe that whoever blocked Potato got mixed up and made a mistake.

Yes Homer, they were two popular posters, and this place is poorer without them.

Ex RubyLightEx RubyLight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1267

Very well said, Kris. I never felt offended (potato) by him at anytime and I even don’t know if he can be brought back to this forum. It was a bit different with LS3, since we were rarely the same opinion and I tried to avoid him at times. Have no idea what he really said, but I guess he was quite offensive sometimes towards certain people. It’s not me to be the judge in his case, but potato more fun than annoying.

IgorBiscan
    Participant
    • Total Posts 49

Thanks for ignoring the bit where I have asked if you are accusing me of being someone else! so Potato didn’t annoy you or throw insults your way or accuse you of being someone else, and that therefore makes it fine? I was annoyed at him constantly accusing me of being Ginger especially after I’d told him I wasn’t so yes in real life if he did that and kept prodding he would of had to deal with the consequences.. sorry if you feel that’s ok for him to keep insulting people because YOU are not the one being accused.. so yes it is easy to sit behind a keyboard and sling **** with no consequence and is the action of a SHITHOUSE, just like you have done here by casually implying I’m a previous poster!?!?! .
    So as long as it isn’t aimed at you then it’s fine.

Homer – why should people just walk awaywhen they are being accused etc?

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20974

I’d be pleasently surprised if ginger knows who Igor Biscan is without googling it.

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    Bachelors HallBachelors Hall
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1263

Curiously enough, one of the few things which still makes me irrationally angry these days is when commentators mispronounce Balkan names. An increase in age along with a wholesale elimination of many many vices means I tend to forgive laypeople who incorrectly say something stupid like Igor Bish-kan, Mirala Puh-janich or Mario Mand-zoo-kick etc. But when it comes to commentators whose entire existential purpose is to say names and they still balls it up – even if the name belongs to a marque player who’s played at the world level for over a decade – then I know for certain that god is dead.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.