The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Flogas 2021

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Flogas 2021

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Silver Spoon
    Participant
    • Total Posts 116

This race will quite rightly be billed as another clash between Monkfish and Latest Exhibition.

I’ve decided to have a bet on Fils D’oudairies at 20-1 ew. I thought it was a good shout by Captain Robbo on here on Sunday in The Killiney, and I paid a bit more attention to him than I would have otherwise.

He maybe won’t win this, but I think that he has a sporting ew chance at 20-1.

waroftheroses
    Participant
    • Total Posts 60

Silver, I would be looking at the place angle here as well, as I just can’t see past Monkfish, but I can’t bring myself to bet odds on just now.

I like your selection, or Andy Dufresne for the place money.

Silver Spoon
    Participant
    • Total Posts 116

I think that it’s the only approach here. I wouldn’t even fancy Latest Exhibition to get as close this time.

Autumnal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 367

The one who makes appeal to me ew is Assemble at 33/1

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16327

Very difficult to oppose Monkfish here, but drawn to a couple.

Big fan of Andy Dufresne, I think long term he’ll eventually confirm his early promise, but not convinced this will be his day. I think he’s interesting for something like The Irish National. He’s a decent price though, and I can certainly see him outrunning his odds.

I’d fancy the Janidil that turned up at Naas to run a huge race at a price here, but the one who ran at Limerick would have no chance. Still very interesting type long term.

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 985

This should be the race of the day , I’ve played the value with Andy dufresne and I think he may well give monkfish a race today

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16327

Can’t possibly be negative about Monkfish here, he just looks rock solid.

With that in mind, I can’t justify betting Andy Dufresne and Janidil, so for interest, went with the Elliot runner. I see the pair of them as Irish National types, but happy to be wrong, and hope they both run up to this level today.

Andy Dufresne 10’s

All Jeff
    Participant
    • Total Posts 299

I’m going with Assemble here to get third, 66-1 ew

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3807

Got a £1 free bet to use so I’ll put it on Asterion Forlonge at 9s to win, the nutcase, hopefully without wiping out everyone else in the process. Drying ground should show the big engine to best effect over this trip.

Ex RubyLight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1852

I like Andy Dufresne for the step up in trip so 10s is okay. And I’m also going with Fils D’Oudairies EW at 33s.

Good luck!

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3807

Good luck Ruby, I like both those horses too and JOB coming into some form :good:

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 985

Mullins is going to be keeping the GC for a few years yet , that’s a f#ckin monster

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 800

How far will Monkfish win the Gold Cup by in 2022?

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 985

Cork there is Envoi Allen ….you shouldn’t wish your life away but Jesus bring that on , Mullins vs Elliot ….there’s a film in this

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3807

Jeez Townend struggled to pull him up!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.