The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Films…..

Home Forums Lounge Films…..

Viewing 6 posts - 375 through 380 (of 380 total)
  • Author
    moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

It’s a brilliant film; the director went on the make the First Hunger Games film [one of my favourite films from a couple of years back]. I’d said at the time that the film [THG’s] was a brilliant adaptation of the book [which is rare] and I realised when I watched ‘the making of’ bit of the dvd that it was the same guy. Wasn’t the book [Seabiscuit]amazing; even non racing friends that have read it have loved it. I’m sure you know this but the author suffers from either ME or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and did most of the interviews by phone…she has another book out which I must read. The last paragraph of Seabiscuit has me in the same sort of state that the last paragraph of Black Beauty does [sob] even though it isn’t a sentimental book; just beautifully written and constructed. The chapter headings draw you into the story and the end of each chapter leaves you wanting to move on to the next

. Let me know what you think of the film.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Just noticed that Seabiscuit is on ITV3 now. Been on since 10.05 so I’ll catch it another time. Not seen it but did enjoy reading the book.

Agree with Moe, excellent film. Have you seen

Secretariat

? Not nearly as good imo, but it had a tough job trying to compete with Seabiscuit which is a great story. The book is brilliant, have read it a couple of times.

It’s a brilliant film; the director went on the make the First Hunger Games film [one of my favourite films from a couple of years back]. I’d said at the time that the film [THG’s] was a brilliant adaptation of the book [which is rare] and I realised when I watched ‘the making of’ bit of the dvd that it was the same guy.

While I thought

The Hunger Games

was good I thought it could have been better. I felt it was like the book was for adults and the film for children but maybe that was just my interpretation of the book!

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

I think they had to get a 12 certificate for the film. The Blueray version [which I haven’t seen]is more graphic [or so I’ve heard].I read the book after seeing the film but still couldn’t put it down. I don’t know if you saw Jennifer Lawrence in ‘Winters Bone’ but after seeing that I knew there was no one else that could play Katnis

. I didn’t enjoy the second Hunger Games film anywere near as much [although people say it’s the better film].

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

I probably preferred the second film, but I didn’t read the second book so had nothing to compare it with (books always seem better!).

Big thumbs up for Jennifer Lawrence from me :o :o

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Pale rider on Sky channel 318 at the moment for any other Eastwood fans on here.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

Everyone I’ve spoken to prefers the second film.

Viewing 6 posts - 375 through 380 (of 380 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.