The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Fillies Mile 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Fillies Mile 2020

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Istabraq
    Participant
    • Total Posts 286
    FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2173

Fascinating race this

Indigo Girl has a fairly good chance of being the best of these going forward

But she looked very green last time and id have concerns about her handling the track at this stage of her career

Iv backed isabella Giles the last twice and this looks much tougher than the races she has won, if the 10/1 was still about id have a bet but at 5s not sure there is any mileage in her price

Then we have shale and pretty gorgeous who are very closely matched, wouldnt be surprised if back on soft ground pretty gorgeous reversed moyglare form

Basically I cant for the life of me find a confident pick out of the 4 so its a sit back and enjoy race for me

Mike987654
    Participant
    • Total Posts 331

I took a small bet on Isabella Giles 6/1.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1307

Looks a bit of a minefield this race. Interesting draw, because all the main fancied ones are drawn high, except Isabella Giles and the stalls are on the far side against a far rail

One or both of Mother Earth and Snowfall should try and lead Shale into the race as they did in the both the Debutante and Moyglare, but won’t be as easy this time as in the Debutante Snowfall was drawn 2 and Shale 3 and in the Moyglare, Mother Earth was drawn 2 and Shale 4.

Shale is in 9 this time, ME in 3 and SF in 6. Both those last 2 races Pretty Gorgeous followed Shale through the race, so it will be interesting to see how the race pans out this time. I think there will probably be enough pace on the rail for Shale and PG to track.

Pretty Gorgeous was all over Shale on Soft ground in the Debutante and looking at her race in the Moyglare, she wasn’t the same horse, off the bridle a long before she was in the Debutante. Trouble is I’m not sure PG is crying out for a stiff mile on Soft though. Leads me to think that maybe neither of them will win.

Indigo Girl looks potential class, but a little difficult to ride and I’m put off by Rob Havlin riding her and not Frankie. Plus her run from behind style will be hard here on soft.

Isabella Giles might look obvious from a soft ground perspective but she’s another one that I don’t think is crying out for a stiff 8F on soft. The form is not that great either, Monday completely bombed last time out and at least half the horses didn’t handle the track at Goodwood.

No real reason why Dubai Fountain or Lilac Road should reverse form with Indigo Girl, but Zabeel Queen could. Trouble is she ran a bit free on the outside in that May Hill and has the outside draw again, so won’t be easy to get nice cover and get her settled from there.

But that said, she still managed to finish third in that and is very well bred for this. If she handles the ground okay which is a bit of an unknown then she has a nice classic staying pedigree which suggests she might enjoy this test more than some others. Both Frankel and her Damsire Kingmambo went okay on Soft as 2 year olds, so there is hope there.

She needs to improve a lot against some proven Grp1 horses now, but she was sent off 6/5F for the MayHill, so I reckon we might well see it. Whether she is good enough to win from stall 11 is doubtful, but at 10/1 she looks overpriced to try.

Skybet are laying 4 places, so I reckon that’s a cracking bet to see.

Zabeel Queen 10/1 EW

Mike987654
    Participant
    • Total Posts 331

Frenchy the only time I saw Monday bomb was when Isabel Gills beat her 11L, Monday hasn’t run since then.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1307

Frenchy the only time I saw Monday bomb was when Isabel Gills beat her 11L, Monday hasn’t run since then.

That’s what I meant Mike, Monday completely bombed in that race that Isabella Gilles won. Always wise to be cautious with form when warm favs bomb out.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2208

No surprise that the mudlark miler won.

Mike987654
    Participant
    • Total Posts 331

Lucky I cashed out for no loss on Isabella Gills.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2173

Indigo girl got unbalanced then ran on again

Id think she’s the one to take out of the race going forward

Mike987654
    Participant
    • Total Posts 331

I did wonder how snow managed 3rd in that race, the horse is group 3 at best or a handicapper. Then the news broke on the mix up what should not happen these days. O’Brien, why doesn’t that surprise me. Mother Earth came 3rd and Snowball came 8th. I hope O’Brien gets a big fine. What I don’t like about the man is that he said he doesn’t care about the punters, but without the punters there wouldn’t be any horse racing and O’Brien and his son’s would be out of a job. Back in the day you had Graham Bradley banned twice for being dodgy. I say no more.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1307

Wow what a crazy race. The ME Snowfall mix up how does that even happen? This year gets even more bizarre. The race was the complete opposite of what should’ve happened. Isabella Gilles was so lit up that to settle her she had to come away from Dubai fountain into the middle of the track and inadvertently took most of them all up the middle away from the best part of the track. Probably the form stacks up but the 1000 Guineas looks a lottery. The best filly on the day might even have been running in a different race, Saffron Beach, who knows.

Illavim
    Participant
    • Total Posts 103

Disgraceful that mixup happened, hope a huge fine is handed out, but surely racecourse checks should be in place to prevent this as well ???
    The winning filly very impressive big girl, but also very taken with the performance of Indigo Girl.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.