The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Feltham Novices Chase

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Feltham Novices Chase

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

No Denman but 10 others still in currently.. Yes Sir looks like he will go for the King George but a cracking race if most of the rest stand their ground.

According to John has yet to be beaten on the track with 6 from 6 (2 Ch & 4 Hdl) but all his races have been on Sftish ground so that’s an unknown but he could be anything really and can’t be too readily discounted.

Bold Fire is one from one over fences and according to RP, Ruby rides her over Gungadu, who I would have given a pretty decent chance in this, so maybe he knows something we don’t!

Boychuk is another that has looked  good over fences so far with a win and a second in 2 Gr2 Nov Ch so far. Found wanting at the top level over hdls but should be there or thereabouts on Tuesday.

Knowhere looks the most likely candidate to me having finished 2nd on his last 2 in a Gr2 Hcp at ASC and the Tripleprint LTO. Extra distance shouldn’t be a problem either.

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

So you’ve got no idea of the winner then!! Tough race this, I would give Mr Pointment a chance, his second to Don’t Push it is some of the best form on offer here but I think he may find one of these a bit too quick on this flatter track as chelt seems to suit. Boychuk i’m dubious about, I don’t think he’s quite up to this class.

Bold fire was impressive on her chase debut and I haven’t seen According to John run but his figures look good even if against weaker opposition.

But for me Knowhere looks to have the strongest claims. In the race Cerium won they went off too quick early I thought and despit losing irons and hitting rails still finished second. Then 2nd to Exotic dancer proving the previous run was not a true reflection of his ability. Looks to be crying out for 3 miles and should hopefully gallop any finishing kick out of the rest of the field. Don’t know what the prices are but he’s a cracking e/w bet of the price is right..

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3087

Bold Fire won a mares novice chase at Huntingdon in which my trainer saddled the second. He reckons that she’s the strongest 4-y-old mare he’s seen and could easily pass for a 6-y-old.

With the 4-y-old and mare weight allowances putting her on just 10st 1lb, he reckons she’s a certainty and he’s worried about how the handicapper might view the Huntingdon race if she does win!

AP<br>

(Edited by apracing at 11:49 am on Dec. 22, 2006)

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

I think thats all we need to know :)

Thanks AP

graysonscolumngraysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6940

Quote: from clivex on 11:36 am on Dec. 22, 2006[br]I think thats all we need to know :)

Thanks AP<br>

<br>Bold Fire for me also, and that despite Knowhere being one of my 10 to Follow for the Sportsman – I think he’s just got a little bit left to learn about jumping cleanly under pressure, and the fences will be coming at him quickly enough around Kempton to test that fault to breaking point.

Jeremy<br>(graysonscolumn)<br>

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Zebra
    Participant
    • Total Posts 74

Bold Fire was briefly 8/1 with stan James but is now 6/1

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

Interesting stuff. Cheers AP.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Fair play to Peter Bowen for mouthing off about Yes Sir running in the King George and then not declaring him and declaring him in this race instead. Hope he gets ****
    ing stuffed.

Mounty
    • Total Posts 455

Bold Fire needs to go right-handed. Clockwise record in UK reads: 111 (3-3) and looks the likeliest winner to me.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Just one note of caution is that her weight of 10-1 is dangerously low to Ruby’s minimum weight. With him not riding the last 2 days, the Post doesn’t have his minimum riding weight in either of todays or yesterdays paper. If someone has Thursday’s and could check it would be appreciated. Don’t think he’ll want to be straving himself too much if he’s got Kauto Star to ride.

He did ride at 10-3 in Ireland earlier in the week though so maybe he’ll be no more than a couple of pounds ow.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Fair point DJ but according to a thread here a few months ago, the 4yo allowance looks very generous so a few lbs here or there shouldn’t make too much difference. And Ruby himself is always worth a couple anyway.

doyley
    Participant
    • Total Posts 567

Hello,

EXCELLENT point by davidbrady re: YES SIR and, according to the trainer, a definite KG runner.<br>I read the RP article, and have re-read it.<br>It almost drives you to ante-post punt, and the price indeed collapsed.<br>In fact it is one of the most definitive piece of ADVERTISING the fact a good price is available, practically urging everyone to take an each way bet.<br>Then, bang, the horse is switched and the layers on the Exchanges win a fortune.<br>Surely there should be an interest shown by the regulators.<br>It can appear people can "win" money without the horse taking part in a race, no jockey issues involved.

I think Mr Bowen may have took some flack as he has come out and stated he was entered for the Novice, "so there!" But surely he must now note that his King George "get on" article was somewhat foolhardy :(

regards,

doyley

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

Mr. Bowen was interviewed at Hereford on ATR and he was very angry with the Racing Post reporter who, he said, had badly misquoted him.

Colin

The Market Man
    • Total Posts 396

Promises to be an absolute Christmas cracker. Tough one to call won’t be having a bet in it. Slight preference for Knowhere with him stepping up in trip.

bodrumergoths
    • Total Posts 3

This will be the first post on this forum (i think?).

This thought may be slightly off the point but nicholls boasts a 50% (3-6 :/) strike rate around kempton, and although his favourite course is wincanton, he will go through the card one day, and i feel he has a slight chance of doing so today. I am completely against doing accumalators and i know how horribly conning they are, but i’m going to do a lucky 63 with his runners and take prices on the last 2/3. I can’t believe i’m doing this but i have done 3 previously in the past – 1. When he had a 5?timer in jan, 2. the time he had the first 3 winners and his next fell (probs pulled the rest) and another when i was first into punting.

I am scared of yes sir, because of the way it anialated its rivals in the novice hurdle under the massive penalty, and the way it won the summer plate at MR easily. McCoy looks like a good booking so it has to have a chance.

Happy Christmas!!!:cheesy: :cool:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.