The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Feltham Novices Chase

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Feltham Novices Chase

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Tony25
    • Total Posts 327

AP……Don`t think PG as a lot to worry about from an h`capping point of view !!TREATY FLYER was beaten out of sight (22 legnths and probably value for 40 legnths),taking into account that the 109 rated hurdler HARRINGAY would have finished a comfortable 2nd but for falling at the 2nd last, i doubt TF would be given a mark within 10lb of his hurdling mark (on that one run alone!!)

With regards to the Feltham:-

BOLD FIRE receives plenty of weight but i doubt it will be enough against the likes of KNOWHERE, especially if the latter puts in a clean round(the fences at Kempton are certainly easier than Cheltenham and flat track should also suit better than the Cheltenham gradients) ,three miles round here should be ideal,my only worry is stable form could be a bit better,incidently, not sure Nicholls horses are in same form they where a coupleof weeks back!,BOYCHUK is pretty game and should run his race and i would expect an improved performance from the “rag“ AZTEC WARRIOR.YES SIR has a bit to prove following a break and ive convinced myself he`s received an inflated mark based on what amounts to summer jumping.

I will either bet KNOWHERE (BF 5,6)and cover myself with a little on AZTEC WARRIOR(21,0) or lay YES SIR and BOLD FIRE at accumalated odds of around 11-10!!

Either way it looks a very interesting race

One horse i will be betting later in the day is

K3.30 STAR SHOT,nice size field,step up in trip,perfect going and nice h`cap mark,trainer found a bit of form, at a working mans price (BF14,0) why not!!

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

I’ve backed Knowhere and will be there tomorrow to cheer him on. Fingers crossed.

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

Good luck, Pruf – if he does go in I won’t be too upset for reasons stated previously (NB Grecian Groom and Sovietica from my list run tomorrow as well, so it could be a good or ghastly day for me), but he’s got to pick up those hooves a bit more cleverly.

Think Tony25’s comment re: Yes Sir’s rating does summer jumping a mild dis-service – this year’s renewal of the Summer Plate was the highest rated race in that sphere EVER, awash as it was with 130 to 147-rated animals, and he still buried the lot. Whatever, I guess we’ll all know more this time tomorrow.

gc<br>

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

empty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

Boychuck @ 7.6 for the empty wallet barn ;)

Have i missed a race or two, why is he not fav please?

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

I too have backed Knowhere. Any horse that can jump like he did and finish second in a Paddy Power clearly has some engine. Step up in trip to 3m should suit and but bit less pressure on his jumping. On Paddy Power form is Exotic Dancer is a 14’s shot for the KG, then Knowhere is too big at 9/2.

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

Boychuk for me too .. !

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Racing Post have admitted on the letters page they made up what Bowen is supposed to have said regarding Yes Sir.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

My disgust is duly transferred DJ.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.