The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Favourite jockey colours?

Home Forums Archive Topics Trends, Research And Notebooks Favourite jockey colours?

Viewing 14 posts - 69 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    Flying Wild
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22

Liked Lord Rosebery’s pink and primrose hoops worn by Sleeping Partner to victory in The Oaks. Had a Schweppes calendar with her picture and always remember it when I see pink and yellow flowers together.

• Total Posts 17

For me the John Hales/One Man colours. Watching Neptune Collonges race these past few seasons has really reminded me of One Man. The memories come flooding back.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Liked Lord Rosebery’s pink and primrose hoops worn by Sleeping Partner to victory in The Oaks. Had a Schweppes calendar with her picture and always remember it when I see pink and yellow flowers together.

Lord Rosebery’s colours were officially Primrose and Rose Hoops with a Rose Cap; this is especially significant given his name, but more so when you realise that his family name was Primrose!

Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

I’m not sure what the scope of that book was ~ don’t think it was strictly an update of the B&H Book, but maybe a collection of "famous" silks which would undoubtedly be of interest, but also missing lots of the interesting smaller owners; there are literally tens of thousands of new designs (mainly for partnerships and syndicates) now and one book couldn’t hold them. No idea how to get hold of a modern version, other than to set up a search on ebay which I have done.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Was it not a white cap with a black star?

Totally missed this at the time, but as we should now expect, Lyphard is correct.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9305

I hate Kauto Stars colours [well, his owners]..looks like a garden gnome to me; like black and white, but suppose they can’t all be black and white [although when I was a kid they were].

• Total Posts 41

Harry Findlay’s – The green one and not the purple one!

I like The Stewart Family colours too.

Khalid Abdullah – reminds me of Dancing Brave and Godolphin’s are classy.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Harry Findlay’s – The green one and not the purple one!

The green one, as you put it has nothing at all to do with Harry Findlay. The Dark Green, White "V", Check Cap, Light Green Sleeves are those of Paul Barber, first made famous by the exploits of that wonderful chaser Artifice. Strictly speaking, Harry has no colours registered to him at all.

• Total Posts 1688

Think I used this thread as a means of expelling some love for the Juddmonte brand. :wink:

Anyway – still love their colours. Very elegant and beautiful design which leads me to (at times) blindfully back whatever horse is wearing those silks.

• Total Posts 41

The green one, as you put it has nothing at all to do with Harry Findlay. The Dark Green, White "V", Check Cap, Light Green Sleeves are those of Paul Barber, first made famous by the exploits of that wonderful chaser Artifice. Strictly speaking, Harry has no colours registered to him at all.

Sorry, my mistake. Barber and Findlay are on a rotation with their colours aren’t they. Are the white colours of Findlay/Bloom any relation?

Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

The White, Purple Hoops on Sleeves and Cap colours are those of a business partnership between Harry Findlay and Tony Bloom, plus occasional others in small partnerships.

Ems
    Participant
    • Total Posts 11

I like the green and white stripes of Spartan Missile. It was my first winning bet ( well, £1 EW, I was only 10 at the time) when he came second in the National.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1709

I always loved the blue and white of the Embrico… Aldaniti’s colours…. and i still hold to this day that Brave Highlander would’ve carried them to victory in 2001 had he not been carried out!

Here’s what my colours would look like:

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p63/PepsiBoy1/id191702-071602-071617.png

I also really like the black, white and green of Lady Clarke.

Adrian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1041

Reading this thread for the first time and just to correct the famous colours for Ms Monica Sheriffe (Sharpo) were Blue birds eye (ie blue with tiny white spots), white cap.

I was always fond of Lord Chelsea’s silks – Brown, Eton blue epaulettes and cap and the Gibson family colours – Black with a red, white and blue sash.

My own colours were Orange with black sash – orange is great for viewing in poor light.

Viewing 14 posts - 69 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.