The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Fabre

Home Forums Horse Racing Fabre

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8798

Andre Fabre is surely the outstanding trainer of his generation, over and above even the brilliant Cecil and Stoute.

I would, however, argue that Vincent was the generation before and Aidan the generation after.

SirHarryLewis
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1208

Great trainer.  I personally wouldnt be the type however to rate modern day trainers in order.  <br>I dont think he can achieve any more from a good horse then lets say Cecil in his prime or John Ox.

SHL

Lingfield
    • Total Posts 919

Agreed SHL, <br>I’d put Fabre right up there as a master trainer but concur that others in their pomp would do as well with the same material.<br>Much also depends on the quality of staff, especially head lad/lass ,they surround themselves with. Fortunes dip when a key staff member (s) leaves.<br>Agree about Oxx – remember he loses top horses to Godolphin etc when Aga Khan decides to sell. Most recent was Caradak which won a Group 1 yesterday at Longchamp and was hailed as a great triumph for Godolphin. <br>Good to see a genuine owner-breeder operation win today’s Arc.<br>

jonny1ph
    • Total Posts 44

How long will Sheikh Mohammed continue with Bin Suroor. Whilst the trainer and Godolphin have had numerous success stories there have been countless recent occasions where supossedly good horses appear to have been ruined after being bought or transfered to Godolphin. <br>I don’t think there is any any doubt a trainer such as Kevin Ryan or Mark Johnston would have had far more success given the same resources as Bin Suroor

jackane24
    • Total Posts 444

Agreed lingfield – I drove past Juddmonte Farm near Henley a while back, and stopped for a quick look. They only have mares there, but stable staff were nice and the facilities were wonderful.

Also have to agree with jonny – I made this point in an article I posted on here a little while back. Bin Suroor has been getting away with blue (excuse the pun) murder for so long now. Chapple-Hyam is certainly 1 trainer I would look at replacing him, also Ryan, Johnston and possibly Tregoning.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.