The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Eyecatchers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

When a horse runs an eye catching race i thought it might be worthwhile noting it and then backing it next time out. The horse will be backed until it wins or upto 3 times.

The first two are:

Kindlelight Debut (30/12/06) – Checked in its run twice but still finished to good effect

Cloudy Lane (05/01/07) – Had the race at its mercy before making an absolute howler at the final fence and was robbed of victory.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Cloudy Lane is a horse I really like. Jumped really well on his chasing debut at Aintree and things haven’t gone to plan since for all he got off the mark at Newcastle the time before last. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him win a good handicap somewhere before the season is out, particulalry as his jumping will hold him in good stead at the bigger tracks.

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

08/01/07 Merlins Magic – Ran as though not quite understanding what was required with ear pricked up but should improve a lot and can pick up a bumper.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Roger Charlton’s Last Sovereign needed todays run in the 1.10 at Southwell to get a run for a mark and like on his second start at Kempton, caught the eye as he stayed on without being knocked about. Initially held up out wide, in line for home he was switched on to the inner and ran on well without being knocked about. Hard to see him getting a mark too much higher than mid 60’s and I’ll be surprised if he isn’t placed to advantage over 7f+.

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Kindlelight Debut has done well since. Not. :angry:

Haven’t been able to watch much racing recently but will remain on the look out.

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

26/01/07 Ursis – Made all but it was the manner of his jumping that impressed in the way he attacked his fences. Could follow up soon in a better race.

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Cloudy Lane runs on Saturday and i would suggest it might be profitable to have an interest. Currently between 8 and 10/1 in the betting lists.

One I liked the look of today as it seemed to be looked after was:

(16/02/07) Man Overboard

carlisle
    • Total Posts 772

can you swim?

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Yes but I’ve volunteered you to rescue them.

jilly
    • Total Posts 608

I’m keeping my eye open.

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Cloudy Lane is 8/1 now with most bookmakers. I’ve decided against backing it today as I am a little concerned about the trip, but it looks sure to run a big race.

jilly
    • Total Posts 608

Eye concur

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Have you backed it Jilly?

jilly
    • Total Posts 608

No.

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Okay so you concur with what then; that it will run a big race?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.