The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Ernst Oertel

Home Forums Horse Racing Ernst Oertel

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Galejade
    • Total Posts 185

A horse I bred is in training with Ernst Oertel and I note that he has not had a runner for weeks nor does the RP list him with any engagements.

Is he still training? Does any newmarket based forumite have any news of him/his horses?

Seagull
    • Total Posts 1708

I thought he had taken a lease from Andrew Reid and was in residence at Mill Hill north London.

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

No, it didn’t work out with Andrew Reid.

I have heard that he has gone back to South Africa, where he was brought up, because his father is seriously ill.

Colin

bluechariot
    • Total Posts 569

The Reid horses appear to be with Dean Ivory

racinggirlukracinggirluk
    • Total Posts 232

He is training in the Kelleway owned Charnwood stables in Hamilton Road Newmarket…I have his Email and number if you want it, just pm me

Galejade
    • Total Posts 185

Thanks everyone. I have emailed him.

wit
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2152

http://www.eoertel.com/index.htm

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><br>……feel free to contact Ernst as he does have a number of horses ready to buy or lease, either in single shares or whole entity.

Ernst does also have his eye on a number of ready to run horses that will definitely win as well as well as a number of young ones which would run early in the 2007 season and are sure to win.<br><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

Galejade,

I have made further enquiries into what has happened to Ernst.

It seems he has gone back to South Africa, is father is indeed ill, but further to that, he has become sickened with the job, as one of his owners has reportedly done him out of £xx thousand.:o

I hope that helps.

Colin

graysonscolumngraysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

Quote: from bluechariot on 12:58 pm on May 13, 2007[br]The Reid horses appear to be with Dean Ivory<br>

<br>The Flat ones at any rate. One of his jumps horses, Mad, makes its chase debut this afternoon under the trainership of Caroline Bailey – I’m not sure yet if all of them have gone there, though.

gc<br>

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

Did you get a response, Galejade?

Colin

Galejade
    • Total Posts 185

Colin,

By coincidence Ernst Oertel responded to my email yesterday. He confirmed that he was no longer training  and was back in South Africa due to his fathers ill health.<br> He told me that the horse I bred had been sold by Mr Reid ( not the owner listed in the RP) and suggested I contact Wetherbys for further news of her since he was uncertain of her fate. He was also kind enough to say that she was a real trier and likeable personality (even though a modest TF67.)

Thanks to all for their efforts.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.