The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Oaks 2011

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Oaks 2011

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 107 total)
  • Author
    Avatar photoRubyisgodinthesaddle
    • Total Posts 1150

Wonder of Wonders is getting too short now and i might have to have a big antepost bet on her before she cuts into a 11/4. 9/2 at the moment.

Blue Bunting is a fine horse though….she is a right stamp of a impressive filly. Like her

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

This is the worst and most unattractive Oaks I’v seen.

No interest in this farce at all.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

I know, basically a match race. Bit silly, but Wonder of Wonders will win.

GDC
    • Total Posts 939

Maybe because i spend so much time on the Derby the Oaks very rarely catches my eye ante post wise.

Can never remember the oaks winner but always the Derby winner :D

Avatar photoRubyisgodinthesaddle
    • Total Posts 1150

9/2 Wonder of Wonders with Sporting Bet…i took some of that

Participant
    • Total Posts 6309

I have backed Wonder of Wonders at 20/1 and have seen nothing to change my view that she is the best staying filly we have seen yet!!
    Yet being the operative word :shock: .

I am also on Carlton House in an each way double at 6/1. So it looks like I have all the value but time will tell whether I get the returns to go with it!! :lol:

• Total Posts 1046

tis a very nice bet and whatever happens the aim is to keep getting in those positions where possible! gl

I was watching Mohedian Lady at Newbury and whilst she blew out, re-watching it made me admire the run of Dancing Rain, need to watch her races again that said

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

Anyone else a little surprised that the Epsom Oaks has been suggested for Misty For Me given that the same team have the well-backed second favourite?

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

I’d be stunned if she ran. No stamina on the conduit side and the sire doesn’t really influence any stamina with his fillies.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Not a lot of people talking about Beatrice Auore, I thought she’s showed the most out of all the fillies off the top of my head, what I like about her is that she’s got a fantastic turn of foot but interestingly she looks like a sort that wants to work with her jockey and every time she’s been asked to sit and wait she has, when she’s been asked to go win her race she’s done it as quickly as possible.

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

Galikova has already shown some stamina traits and Misty for Me was definitely running on at the finish of the Irish Guineas.But will they stay the mile and a half? Who knows.Their sire has gotten a Derby and St.Leger winner.

GDC
    • Total Posts 939

I like Wonder of Wonders here BUT if there are more than 12 runners Mr O’Brien has a terrible record at this meeting.

He does however have a very good strike rate in the Coronation Cup so Fame and Glory could go well if he lines up.

:)

AmcF
    • Total Posts 9

I think that Fame and Glory is being targetted at the Ascot Gold Cup, and that St Nicholas Abbey is likely to represent Ballydoyle in the Coronation Cup.

I would be keen to take on Blue Bunting at 2-1 as I feel you would have a lot of progressive unexposed fillies running for you. Wonder of Wonders and Beatrice Aurore look particularly exciting.

MaoriVenture
    • Total Posts 94

using Together as the yardstick, and watching both finishes of the Irish and English Guineas….

…. you would have to think that Misty For Me would beat Together around 3-4 lengths in a 10f race. But Blue Bunting would be away and gone double that distance….

Over 12f, Blue Bunting has an even bigger stamina advantage over the others and can’t see any viable opposition to her at all.

Wonder Of Wonders time figure very poor at Chester, and she doesn’t even register on the scale at all…. unless she also makes Lazurus like improvement as many of O’Brien’s Guineas runners did this weekend …..

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

Did Lazarus improve from his return? Where was he reintroduced? What rating did the RP give him? Did he go on the firm? All critical questions which must be addressed before backing him.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

I remain far from convinced that Misty For Me would even get 10f, let alone 12.

Wonder of Wonders only needs to turn up.

nefertiti
    Participant
    • Total Posts 234

Should Misty go to France I think she’d be running for third after Golden Lilac and Galikova (I’m not sure which order between those two). Don’t think she’d fare better at Epsom either. Wouldn’t she be better served by going for the Pretty Polly – does anyone know the date of that this year? That’s the race that I think would suit her. I like little Misty but think 10f is plenty far enough.

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 107 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.