The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Derby 2010

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Derby 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 511 through 527 (of 612 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 4293

All this King’s Best talk is quite fun. He could end up going for the treble with Simon de Montfort tomorrow!

roonaldo
    • Total Posts 87

The best trial for the Derby is the Derrinstown Stud trail at Leop, previous winners include Galileo and High Chapperal. Which horse has won this race in the fastest time of the last 20 years? Answer Midas Touch, thats good enough for me, lump on.

• Total Posts 1511

I have pussy out of Jan Vermeer.

Now going

Jan Vermeer
    Midas Touch

2 Bets.

:wink: :wink:

Something tells me Colm O Donoghue is going to shine at one of these big days and i think he will today

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Let me be first to congratulate TAPK, who has been on about this horse for months now. Great win, At First Sight ran a cracker too.

• Total Posts 1046

Well done Workforce backers :D

ST NIC WAS AOB’s NUMBER ONE

obvious

rewilding placed so happy enough 8)

• Total Posts 1511

7L was it?

Wow :shock:

• Total Posts 4293

Was rather hoping At First Sight would hold on . . .

jose1993
    • Total Posts 1228

If At First Sight had held on it would have been quite something.

It’s good to see the course record go. Now we don’t need excuses for next year about watering forever because the ground must be quick enough to have At First Sight falling what would now be 2 lengths short of the old record.

johnjdonoghue
    • Total Posts 994

I am gutted, the horse with the best credentials sent to France, Jan Vermeer’s form is so inferior to Cape Blancos.

JohnJ

• Total Posts 4293

I think we should give ourselves a collective pat on the back. Most of the Ante Post posting nutters were on Workforce – moi, Fist, TAPK, Zarkava and Darren.

TPK’s first recorded bet/post was 1st April, but he was my end of year tip for the Derby on 31st December on the 2yo Summary thread.

Wallace agreed that Grimthorpe was being a bit of an idiot for ruling the horse out of the Derby a few months ago, but I haven’t checked the pounds and pence.

• Total Posts 1511

I don’t know more wire to wire runnings maybe should happen in European Classics.

Seamie Heff rode a simply outstanding race.

Workforce was a joke tho….in a different league to the rest

Participant
    • Total Posts 33017

I think we should give ourselves a collective pat on the back.

Most of the Ante Post posting nutters were on Workforce – moi, Fist, TAPK, Zarkava and Darren.

TPK’s first recorded bet/post was 1st April, but he was my end of year tip for the Derby on 31st December on the 2yo Summary thread.

Me inall. :wink:

Value Is Everything
    • Total Posts 4293

Yes, but although you’re Ginger, you’re not a Nut.

pedigreeman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 62

We’ve seen a special horse today.

The stats it’s broken don’t just include the course record but also

1st horse beaten in a Dante to win the Derby

1st (since Sea Bird) Native Dancer line sire to win the Derby

1st time Sadlers Wells appears as broodmare sire in the Derby roster. That may herald a new era.

Congratulations to Mr Stoute on surely one of the best training performances in living memory. The Australian noseband did the trick and no doubt the Lingfield exercise was instrumental too but to bring the horse on that far in the few weeks since the Dante is brilliance.

Ryan Moore’s description of the ground – as good in the straight – I’ll take over the Clerk of the Course’s. Good to Firm all over? No. That may have a bearing in assessing just how good the time was.

I have to like Stoute’s modesty in assessing his chances – even if it did put me away a little. How refreshing compared to Ballydoyle’s misplaced bravado.

Year after year the market buys into the O’Brien hype but how long now since an Epsom Derby win for them?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

If anyone is throwing darts at a board it is Abdullah. I got the distinct impression that faced with Thommo’s microphone after Lingfield Cecil wanted to tell him that Bullet Train was most likely to be heading for Royal Ascot. The fact that they are both turning up at Epsom would seem to suggest that one doesn’t have a massively better chance than the other. The horse to take out of the Dante was the winner which should give O’Brien a pretty good line to the form.

Some bullseye, eh Stilvi? :lol: :lol:

Tremendously impressive, and almost certainly a worthy favourite for the Arc.
    The rest were much of a muchness though, and the 100/1 2nd is almost certainly flattered. Given a soft lead for much of the way, he skipped clear before anything else was put in the race seriously, and looks cetain to be overbet for somthing like the Irish Derby.
    Workforce 1st; the rest nowhere!

• Total Posts 1415

Lets not go making knee jerk reactions about Cape Blanco or St Nicholas Abbey being O’Brien’s number one Jan Vermeer for whatever reason didn’t run to form today he is better than that.

Workforce was awesome today its impossible not to be impressed with that performance.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Duplicated

Viewing 17 posts - 511 through 527 (of 612 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.