The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Electrocutionist

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Just a simple question as Electrocutionist is well entered up and hasn’t been seen since winning the (Dubai) World Cup in March.

He has won 8/10 starts and has won over 10f and 12f and also handles turf and dirt equally well (seemingly) (RPR 127). What route would you take with him – would you take the Arc route and go for The Breeders Cup, would you go for the King George and Champion Stakes, would you go for The Coral-Eclipse or would you go for the big American races and The China Cup? (Or a combination).

ELectrocutionist is entered in the Hardwicke and Prince of Wale’s Stakes at Ascot, The Coral-Eclipse Stakes and The Irish Champion Stakes. I think a match between Electrocutionist and Sir Percy would be worth seeing in the Coral-Eclipse.

25/1 for The Arc certainly tempts me though a lot would depend on the ground.

PAULCS
    • Total Posts 529

<br>Electrocutionist, Sir Percy & George Washington in the Eclipse would do me just fine thank you.

DeadlySins
    • Total Posts 105

I’ll be honest with you, if I was SBS I would take him straight to the Breeders Cup Classic, it seems a very weak race now with the sad loss of Barbaro and I beleive he would take a lot of beating, proven on a dirtish surface and without doubt has more class in his left foot than the Preakness or Belmont winner.

DeadlySins
    • Total Posts 105

George Washington will turn out to be the best horse at 6f-1m for many a year but will not stay 10f. I do not mean to be blunt but as I have said before Sir Percy will be virtually unbeatable at 10f, I have ben saying that since he was a 2yo and nothing much has changed apart from a Derby win.;)

PAULCS
    • Total Posts 529

I would be confident that GW would get 10f on some decent ground. Although he was never getting there in the Irish 2000, he was hardly stopping at the end either on such desperate ground.

The Eclipse will probably come too soon for him in any case so I imagine they’ll go for the Sussex next.  <br>

(Edited by PAULCS at 11:11 pm on June 12, 2006)

DeadlySins
    • Total Posts 105

All said though I agree with PaulCS that if (I hope) the three equine superstars were to meet I reckon without getting over excited it probably in my opinion would be the best race I have seen since I began to watch racing in 1995.

Gareth Flynn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 583

Prince of Wales, Eclipse, King George, Irish Champion, Arc, BC Classic.

But that’s just me being greedy :biggrin:

Gareth Flynn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 583

without doubt has more class in his left foot than the Preakness

There’s plenty who believe that Barbaro would have had serious difficulty coping with Bernardini in the Preakness had he not been injured.<br>

DeadlySins
    • Total Posts 105

A completely different subject for a completely different time, I respect your opinion though, sadly nobody will ever know who would have won the Preakness. Are you from Wales Gareth.

Gareth Flynn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 583

Agreed – though hopefully Bernardini will be able to do himself justice over the summer and somewhat make up for the loss of Barbaro.

(I’m Irish btw).

DeadlySins
    • Total Posts 105

Wasn’t sure with that surname, I’m from Wales, I look forward to hearing your views in the future.

Librettist
    • Total Posts 559

Quote: from trackside528 on 11:21 pm on June 12, 2006[br]Personally, I think Electrocutionist is best over 12 furlongs on turf.

Would have to agree with that Trackside.

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Bearing in mind the fact that Godolphin have Shawanda (best filly in the world IMO)

I agree with that as well for what its worth.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Past tense on Shawanda please. She was… Just like Proclamation was the best miler. Both will have to prove it conisdering their interrupted preps for this year.

I couldn’t entertain backing Shawanda in an all-aged Group 1 this year until she has made the track. I would be making her first major target the Nassau if I was her owner.

(Edited by davidjohnson at 9:00 am on June 13, 2006)

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3181

Shawanda is IMO likely to prove the biggest threat to Hurricane Run this year, i’ll be against Proclamation until he proves he’s still as good as last year and look forward to seeing Takeover Target over here.

In regard Electrocutionist I’d go for the Prince of Wales, Pacific Classic, BC Classic if he were mine – but the Godolphin "team" also have Discreet Cat, Bernardini and Jazil for the last race (Bernardini, Henny Hughes and Jazil being owned seperately to the Godolphin horses)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.