The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Ebor 2006

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Ebor 2006

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

I’ve always suspected he had a touch of the slows last year for Stoute but he looks an improved horse for Cumani, again staying on strongly today over an inadequate trip. The extra 2f at York should be right up his street and although it’s rather obvious, the general 6/1 should be snapped up imho.

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3105

<br>DJ,

Well it’s the difference of opinion etc, but I reckon that’s a poor price for a horse that has only won a Thirsk maiden and has failed on all six attempts in handicaps.

The 11 horses he beat at Thirsk are all still maidens to this day and I can never overlook the fact that he finished six lengths behind Salute at Windsor last June, showing about the same change of pace as Paula Radcliffe.

Agree he’s getting closer for Cumani, but there will surely be better handicapped horses in the Ebor than the exposed pair that beat him today.

AP

Purwell
    Participant
    • Total Posts 657

I’m sorry, but Alfie Flits still makes me laugh. It has to be rhyming slang, surely?

guskennedy
    • Total Posts 759

He’s named after the son of part-owner, Gary Flitcroft, the recently-retired footballer.

He won’t be winning the Ebor, Trackside – he’s not entered.

Maurice
    Participant
    • Total Posts 355

I reckon Glistening lost any chance of winning the Ebor when he ran such a big race at the Royal meeting. He was heavily penalised for not winning and it has to go down as a poor bit of strategy from the Cumani team if the Ebor was the plan. I suspect they’ve got something else in the wings and are using Glistening as a marker.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Am I on the wrong Cumani/Makin horse? Looks like they may have an ample second string to their bow in the shape of Soulacroix.

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3105

<br>A pretty good Ebor trial today as well by Jadalee, who would be able to run from a mark of 105.

Not the usual route for his trainer, but the Ebor has been a good race for 3-y-olds in the past.

AP

Maurice
    Participant
    • Total Posts 355

Soulacroix was just one I had in mind. I think the yard has another one or two in the race as well.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.