The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Each Way Thieving

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    empty walletempty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

Will this still be alive and kicking in 2007 or will the recent changes to SP system, possible introduction of  industry pricing across the board, see it die as a betting medium?

(Edited by empty wallet at 7:05 am on Dec. 15, 2006)

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

I think all SP betting will suffer generally, but the ew thieving will go on for obvious reasons, specially on a Saturday when McCrirrik is there to shame them into returning half decent prices.

Anyone who thinks they will return a profit at SP, at more than 1.6% a runner are really just kidding themselves on IMO.

Glenn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1981

Already dead empty. Look at Exeter yesterday:8/13 fav in the last and the 8/1 3rd favs were 25s on BF. Dick Turpin was hung for less.

It’s rare in these races for any mid-priced selection to be less than double the price on big blue since the reforms.

Glenn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1981

.oh and if you do find anything interesting, you have to go around a dozen bookies to get a hundred notes on, after which you become a marked man, win or lose, with all of them.

FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Sad but true. Get a price at 11AM before they cut them to ridiculous prices.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Yes it’s a disgrace. Bookmakers should be made to hand out 5 pound notes as you walk through the door.

FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Quote: from davidjohnson on 12:14 pm on Dec. 15, 2006[br]Yes it’s a disgrace. Bookmakers should be made to hand out 5 pound notes as you walk through the door.

As opposed to making an SP comission changing the rules to make it more difficult for punters to make money on the races you mean? Of course, all these poor bookies are losing millions a day aren’t they, they only get e/w thieves, all the mug punters have disappeared right?

You’ve still got to pick the horse, the Bookies make the rules David so excuse me if i don’t show any sympathy.

empty walletempty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

Aye Dave, the fat one does help a little, a pity those who spout other crap in racing press don’t shout similar everyday imo

<br>Glenn

Shoe leather seems they only way if you can find opportunities

<br>DJ

I understand where your coming from, but do you think it’s fair to offer X at Y and then refuse to take bets?

(Edited by empty wallet at 1:20 pm on Dec. 15, 2006)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.