The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Duchess Of Cambridge 2018

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Duchess Of Cambridge 2018

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1332

Angels Hideaway 7/1 e/w

Stayed on well under hands and heels behind Fairyland on her side in the Albany after travelling like a dream. Was well backed on the day and with the extra experience think she can step forward again. Sharper track should suit also compared to Ascot.

Main Edition won the Albany well but she did it hard from the front and tbh don’t trust her to back up the run for all that I do think she’s a lovely hoss.

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3393

Really want to back main edition, but the trainer just puts me off time and time again, will probably side with the godolphin horse in the end

Participant
    • Total Posts 6132

GOSSAMER WINGS at 5/1 for me. Looked like six would suit at Royal Ascot!

Participant
    • Total Posts 3879

I don’t think i’ll be punting the race as i think there’s quite a few with solid chances.

The one i will be watching is Chaleur. 3Ls behind La Pelosa on debut, LP was evens fav that day and was clearly ready to rock. It was clear to see from the race this was the case as she vroomed to the front and off she went! Chaleur however, was sitting at the back, and once the rail disappeared around the 2f pole, she made eyecatching gains under hands and heels….

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Participant
    • Total Posts 31555

Main Edition had several of these behind her in the Albany. However, had the advantage of more experience. Second La Pelosa having just her second run there and despite still looking a bit green only beaten a neck. The Appleby filly should imo start favourite here. Angel’s Hidaway could get closer, 2 lengths behind Main Edition having started 8/1 after a good Haydock maiden win. However, Gosden’s had the same number of races to Johnston’s. Just beind in 5th was Michael Bell’s Pretty Pollyanna. 28/1 after just one run, a workwommanlike 1/2 length Yarmouth debut victory. Of all Albany fillies it was Pretty Pollyanna that probably made most improvement. If that rate of progress can be anywhere near maintained will surprise a few here. On today’s racing looks well drawn and trainer is in good form.

Have backed La Pelosa 100/30 and Pretty Pollyanna 11/1 with a saver on the “could be anything” Chaleur 10/1. Jack’s done a good job in assessing Ralph Beckett’s KA owned filly, who would’ve also been a main bet had I got on earlier.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2851

Main Edition is big enough at 11/4 for me to play here.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2851

Well played Ginge.

That winner is one in my tracker but I didn’t have a penny on her today. How bloody annoying.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3879

Lovely GT

I read your reply this am and had a quick look at race again, and saw your min price was 10/1s, she was 14s when i looked…..i had gone as far as opening a betting slip with her on it before i talked myself out of it again haha! I had said the race wasnt a betting one for me last night and tried sticking with it..

Chaleur in third, didnt run probably as well as i had hoped!

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Participant
    • Total Posts 31555

That’s unfortunate, Jack.
    Thanks guys.
    Individual odds of 20/1 BOG B-)
    25/1 BSP for anyone taking that.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6132

WELL DONE GINGE :good: :good:

And it was a hell of a mess behind!!

Without stirring up a hornet’s nest surely the second should have been DQ’ed!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.