The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Drilling For Oil’s Fate.

Home Forums Horse Racing Drilling For Oil’s Fate.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    • Total Posts 205

Drilling For Oil, an American Grade 3 winner had been recently retired to stud in Peru but all did not turned out as planned.

The six-year-old stalion is reported to have been taken from was taken from a field at his owners stud near Lima and butchered for his meat which would have been sold off as beef.

Gerald
    • Total Posts 4293

A nice change from a monotonous diet of guinea pigs.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8373

Saved a lot of innocent little guinea pigs then; perhaps they did it???

Gerald
    • Total Posts 4293

Ooh Moe, I thought you were going to tell me off.

I’m not sure whether the suggestion is that someone connected with the stud farm had something to do with it, or whether it was rustlers – just like when in the 1980s Miners Strike the farmers in East Kent were worried that their sheep were going to disappear, just as they did in the TV series When The Boat Comes In.

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3326

Being sent to stud in Peru sounds like the proverbial ‘fate worse than death’ for a stallion anyway.

AP

Smithy
    • Total Posts 720

I don’t hold out much hope for a happy ending for Hawk Wing in Korea either…..

Gerald
    • Total Posts 4293

Yes, we’ve been discussing dogs recently as well.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8373

I went to a museum next to Jamaica Inn years ago that had all sorts of wierd and wonderful things in it including a collection of those Victorian glass cases with stuffed guinea pigs

dressed in all manner of situations, schoolrooms etc. so often have visions of guinea pigs getting up to all manner of things..horse rustling not one of them until today. I probably read too many Beatrix Potter books as a child [says I having a pile of them 3 feet away from me at the moment]. She never did guinea pigs, though, did she? However, the guy who wrote Paddington Bear did a series of books about Olga da Polga, a guinea pig from Peru. I’ve also got another book with a guinea pig in it, and no matter what happens to everyone else she just says ‘I eats my lettuce and I looks around’ said in a West Country accent. Apologies; any excuse to not do whatever I’m supposed to be doing at the moment…ie housework stuff.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.