The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Double Entry

Home Forums Horse Racing Double Entry

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

1. Can anyone remember the original horse called Nom de Guerre and who trained him?

It has been bugging me for days but I think he may have run around the same time as Sempervivum, Flash Bulb, Super FLash, Salmon Spray, Spartan General etc.

2. I have seen several names pop up that are exactly the same name as horses from the past…personally I don’t like it…….anyone else got feelings on this?

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8965

Flippin heck FOF – had to check I was on the correct site when I read this topic header.

crizzy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 789

Certainly caught my eye too :lol:

rory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

David Nicholson had a horse called Nom De Guerre in the early eighties.

quadrilla
    • Total Posts 468

Is this it?

http://www.pedigreequery.com/nom+de+guerre

Horses with the same name are a real pain for my data-base. Racing Post don’t include the country ie (IRE) , (FR) on their declarations – a bit poor really.

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

Flippin heck FOF – had to check I was on the correct site when I read this topic header.

I was trying to penetrate my memory and slipped…….bad choice of words :oops:

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5679

1. Can anyone remember the original horse called Nom de Guerre and who trained him?

It has been bugging me for days but I think he may have run around the same time as Sempervivum, Flash Bulb, Super FLash, Salmon Spray, Spartan General etc.

2. I have seen several names pop up that are exactly the same name as horses from the past…personally I don’t like it…….anyone else got feelings on this?

1. I remember Nom De Guerre being about in the late 60s and, possibly, early 70s. I’ve a vague notion he may have been trained by Bob Turnell, but that would need to be confirmed.

2. I’m not keen on repeating names. I was very disappointed when somebody took the name Le Garcon D’Or sometime after the career of the great Northern sprint stalwart finished. Some of the more prominent names are protected, but I think ‘run of the mill’ names are released for repeat use a couple of years after death.

Rob

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.