The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Don’t take this too seriously…

Home Forums Horse Racing Don’t take this too seriously…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Bosranic
    • Total Posts 1982

OK, something came to me the other day. It wasn’t an epipheny, a vision or some sort of religious experience, but it was an astute realisation involving an Equine God. NO!! Not One-DENMAN-tional, but the very horse that could, more than likely, walk on water (as long as it’s not too wet!!). Stand up Kauto Star.

KS should hold an entry for the…Ascot Gold Cup!! 8)

I can picture him now, cruising round the Royal course on good ground over 2m4f, his instant acceleration beating them into submission at the two furlong pole.

You may laugh, but I bet he wouldn’t be disgraced. C’mon Clive, you’re up for the challenge – talk Paul into it.

Would KS even qualify for the race?

Bosranic
    • Total Posts 1982

The vision i’m getting is a horse losing a length & a half every furlong past the 1 mile marker, or is that too conservative? :o By my calculations that makes him being beaten by approximately eighteen lengths, Denman on the other hand…….. :wink:

…would be locked up in his stable. He probably hibernates during the Summer and would be allergic to firm ground, anyway. Tank would more than likely turn around and run the other way on a right-handed track…well, he is Irish. :lol:

Eighteen lengths?? Would have seen him finish about 6th last year. Not bad!

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7922

This is something I’ve often wondered about myself, but recently it was Master Minded that got me pondering the ‘what if’ scenario….

Bosranic
    • Total Posts 1982

This is something I’ve often wondered about myself, but recently it was Master Minded that got me pondering the ‘what if’ scenario….

Now you’re talking!! Denman could be used as a pacemaker!! Perhaps Kauto could have a spin in a Wolves maiden beforehand?? :D

Seriously, Moehat, neither would be disgraced. The stayers on the flat aren’t the best crop at the moment and Fair Along (not as good as either of the Nicholls pair) ran a cracking race in a decent Cesarewitch last year.

Bosranic
    • Total Posts 1982

C’MON, I WANT THIS CAMPAIGN TO START BUILDING SOME MOMENTUM!![/color:2xusoaq3]

KAUTO FOR ASCOT, KAUTO FOR ASCOT…

Alderbrook
    • Total Posts 349

I’m confused.

Are we not to take this seriously or are we to e-mail the BBC, ATR etc?

Or are we to do so in a non-serious manner?

Clarity please! :wink:

scallywag76
    • Total Posts 280

Remember Dessie’s efforts on the flat?

dubai_millennium
    • Total Posts 139

I’ve also had this in mind for a certain horse…Black Jack Ketchum. Would probably stay the trip and wouldn’t have to jump any hurdles which he seems incapable of doing anymore.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7922

we could all turn up at Ascot in our waxes and wellies!

Neil Watson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1376

How about Kauto Star for the Galway Plate or the Turf Writers Gold Cup at Saratoga

AndyRAC
    Participant
    • Total Posts 369

How about Kauto Star for the Galway Plate or the Turf Writers Gold Cup at Saratoga

What about the Melbourne Cup, or the Breeders Cup Marathon??
    I could imagine Master Minded being fairly decent on the Flat though.

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

I promise I won’t take this thread too seriously :roll:

Bosranic
    • Total Posts 1982

I’m confused.

Are we not to take this seriously or are we to e-mail the BBC, ATR etc?

Or are we to do so in a non-serious manner?

Clarity please! :wink:

I was actually quite serious about it! The title of this thread was merely used to gauge peoples interest – an insurance policy so people thought I hadn’t gone nuts!!

As I have already stated, the current crop of stayers on the flat aren’t the best and if Fair Along could run an unlucky third in a a hot Cesarewitch, then surely a superior horse like Kauto (or Master Minded), who both possess far greater speed, could run to an even higher standard.

Listen, I realise that either horse is highly unlikely to run, but how well could they compete in the staying division on the level? Any other horses that you feel could make the transistion and become a dual purpose animal?

Personally, I would love to see a horse of Kauto’s class tackle the flat game. Yes, it is highly unlikely that, at the age of eight, he’s going to make a belated debut on the flat, but Sergeant Cecil won the Prix du Cadran as a 7YO and the Yorshire Cup as an 8YO, respectively, so it wouldn’t be a total surprise if Kauto, or any horse boasting a similar level of ability, could run up to a decent standard.

I’d imagine the connections aren’t even the slightest bit interested in running two of their top NH stars on the flat, but aren’t you the slightest bit curious?

Bosranic
    • Total Posts 1982

I promise I won’t take this thread too seriously :roll:

Ha Ha – I thought you’d love the idea of your beloved Kauto Star competing with the very best that the flat boys have to offer.

I think I remember reading in one of your previous posts that you’re not too familiar with the flat game. Am I right, or is my mind playing tricks?

Danny
    • Total Posts 790

Kauto for Ascot ? :lol:

Id rather see Yeats at Cheltenham 8)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.