The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Frankie Dettori

Home Forums Horse Racing Frankie Dettori

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 97 total)
  • Author
    Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

Is it just me, or has he suddenly decided to start riding like a twat?

robert99robert99
    Participant
    • Total Posts 897

I’ve never seen you ride, RD

Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

He almost got Misu Bond brought down, by going for a gap that wasn’t there, and I don’t know what he was doing in the next race.  Never gave the horse a chance.  Not one of his better days.

Sailing Shoes
    • Total Posts 368

If you back Dettori, you deserve all you get. He can be brilliant or dreadful.

Artemis
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1736

He’s probably the best paid jockey riding in Britain and nearly every trainer would have him on their horses if they could. He is a very talented rider who can put a horse anywhere in the field and ride any type of race.<br>However, he is human and makes mistakes as we all do.

Sailing Shoes
    • Total Posts 368

I don’t think anyone is doubting his abilty Artemis, he just makes it plainly obvious when the horse he’s riding isn’t off.

Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

Quote: from Sailing Shoes on 9:42 am on Sep. 18, 2005[br]If you back Dettori, you deserve all you get. He can be brilliant or dreadful.<br>

Wadda ya gonna do?  I could find no inspiration yesterday, so I simply went thru the ‘Dettori’ card (Races 2,3,4 and 6) imagining that he would place on a couple of them.  He won Race 1, then preceeded to blow out in races 2,3,4,5.  To rub salt in the wounds, Race 6 was a N/R (my nap).<br>Typical Dettori.  I really can’t be bothered to follow jockeys normally.  Just the ONE day he looked like he’d get in the frame with a couple, he has a duff day.

Seagull
    • Total Posts 1708

Racing Daily,<br>Try following Ryan Moore at Brighton. I know he has been riding on the gallops by that track since he first got a leg up on a horse as his father trains opposite the track.<br>Hes been race riding for just 3 full seasons and a £10.00 on every runners at Brighon shows a return of over £640.00.<br>2 more winners yesterday at that track.

Klampenborg
    • Total Posts 3

You can pass an enjoyable day in any bookies watching jockeys get criticised for coming too soon, not coming soon enough, being too soft on a horse, being too hard on a horse.  Being too far back, being too near the front…..being too much in the middle.  Being too hemmed in, being too exposed.   Some people find it hard to believe their selection might not have been good enough.

The best jockey around is Fallon but there are plenty other good ones including Dettori around

alan1
    • Total Posts 167

The man is a genius, but even he can’t win on every horse.

I firmly believe that jockeys aren’t that important, and that the top 20 or so have a similar ability, however I feel that Dettori is one of, if not the only jockey who makes a real difference and improves every horse he rides. Fallons good but Dettoris the best.

Sailing Shoes
    • Total Posts 368

I agree alan1,

He is a genius, on his own terms and doesn’t ride each horse on it’s merits. When he’s trying he’s as good as anyone, when he’s not, he’s just plain awful.

(Edited by Sailing Shoes at 7:30 pm on Sep. 23, 2005)

Pegwell Bay
    • Total Posts 208

Another example today in the Supreme Stakes at Goodwood of Dettori incompetance, as Fallon completely outrode him up the straight.

It was clear at the Glorious meeting that the better ground after rain was on the stand side, and that the centre was definately easier ground.

Ground had clearly eased from the overnight good to firm today.

So what does Fallon do on Arakan – comes stand side in the straight. What does Dettori do – stays dead centre all the way up the straight.

What a dipstick!

Yes I am talking through my wallet – but it makes me feel better having a good moan about Lanw**k
    o Dettori’s jockeyship today :(

Maxilon 5Maxilon 5
    • Total Posts 2432

Fallon’s ride on Arakan was vintage, pure champagne.

I backed Sabeeh and even if Lester himself had taken the mount, he wouldn’t have beaten Fallon today. When the money’s down, there’s no-one better.

zilzal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 669

Dettori triggers beginning of the end[/u]

Lydia Hislop on the Dettori Decline:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0, … 07,00.html<br> <br> <br> <br> <br>

Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

The fact is that the QEII is the one race that would have made Dubawi ‘another’ Dubai Millenium, ie. the scene of his father’s most talked about victory.  Dubawi losing this race is a colossal blow for Godolphin.  The opportunity is lost, and i’ll wager that the Godolphin operation are not happy at all.  They are probably in a zone right now.<br>If Dettori had ridden to instructions, there would have been no problem.  But Dettori took it upon himself to waver from his instructions.  You don’t do that to the likes of Sheikh Mohammed and get away with it.  Especially with SM’s pride and joy.  It is a split second decision that Dettori could live to regret in a very big way. <br>When you are riding the son of Sheikh M’s favorite ever horse and get it beaten in the ONE race he wanted for the horse, you had better be prepared for whatever retribution is given back.  I think too that Dettori will be a free agent quite soon.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 97 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.