The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Denman

Home Forums Horse Racing Denman

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 107 total)
  • Author
    Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

Now that was impressive. Gold Cup contender next year? Stayed every yard after being right at the head of affairs all the way. Most impressive performance of the meeting so far by some way.

FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Proved his doubters wrong, though obviously disappointing Cailan Alainn came down.

Young MickYoung Mick
    • Total Posts 203

I would love to see him face Kauto Star.. what a great race it would be

cormack15cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8783

Very nice performance, top class chaser.

Alderbrook
    • Total Posts 349

Good performance today, but not sure quite how strong a race it was.  Would be interested to see how he is ridden if taken on for the lead and the effect it would have on his jumping.

Hope to see him in some of the big contests in 2007/8!

Boye
    • Total Posts 19

Couldn’t fault Denman, but it’s tricky knowing the strength of the form as there didn’t look much in it apart from the Irish mare, who fell.

What does Nicholls do next season with Kauto, Denman and presumably Star De Mohaison?

Now if he was Michael Dickinson…..

wakemanwakeman
    • Total Posts 434

WOW, WOW, WOW, awesome DENMAN stating the obvious i know, the slowish early pace may have helped him to get into a routine but after that i was in AWE, an thats xmas paid to boot <!– s:) –>:)<!– s:) –> had to get that one in. <!– s:D –>:D<!– s:D –>

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4517

Would You Consider Purchasing A Pacemaker For Denman?

Personally I would because it would surely increase his chances not to have to do all the donkey-work himself. In an ideal scenario he would track the leader for as long as possible – hopefully opening a gap to the chasing pack – and then kick from a long way out. Many have commented on Kauto Star’s ‘improved’ jumping this season but it is one thing jumping to maintain a position and another to make ground. I would still have doubts about both the jumping and stamina.

Gazs Way De SolzenGazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2441

I would wait until nearer the time to see the confirmed runners’ list.

There has been talk of Halcon Genelardais running in the Gold Cup who may be up with the pace, other than that i cannot see who would actually take Denman on for pace, unless Aces Four runs of course.

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

A Pacemaker?

I didn’t think there was anything wrong with Denman’s heart :D

Mike

Gazs Way De SolzenGazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2441

A Pacemaker?

I didn’t think there was anything wrong with Denman’s heart :D

Mike

:lol: :lol: :lol:

He’s here all week.

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

Sadly Gareth, I’m here all year :lol:

Mike

yeatsyeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

I think some try to over complicate matters some times, this thread and sea dogs jockeys instructions thread are two good examples. I had to laugh at emphasis Simon Holt put on the last fence and it’s possible consequences in the King George. If the horse is good enough he will win :P

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Why does he need a pacemaker when he has shown he’s fully capable of making the running himself? It’s only ‘the hard way’ when they go too quick.

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

I agree with davidjohnson. Denman is the type of horse that isn’t dependent on others he’s uncomplicated you can put him anywhere. He just does his own thing at his own pace I don’t see the need for a pacemaker.

Exotic Dancer would be more needy IMO.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 107 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.