The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Supreme Novices 2007

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Supreme Novices 2007

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Seagull
    • Total Posts 1708

Meeting kicks off with the Supreme Novices.<br>Amaretto Rose looks to have a decent chance and the mares allowance could be vital and the Irish raiders dont look that strong but there is ‘word’ that Freddie Williams has laid Mouse Morris Shanghide to lose 200K EW (just 50/1 with Ladbrokes but was 100/1 with Boyles and S James. <br>If the ground starts to dry up the Henderson horse could be taken on, De Valira is a drifter on betfair.<br>My bets so far just £20 ew @100/1 Shanghide.

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

I like Amaretto Rose as well, and I will be interested in Sir Boreas Hawk if Alan Swinbank decides to run him.

Colin

SuperSlippers
    • Total Posts 12

Amaretto Rose is a worthy favourite but I cannot back a horse at such a short price in a competitive race.  They go very fast and it will be a test of stamina.  I like the look of GRANITE JACK each way as Nicholls seems confident.  Clopf might come out best of the irish as he seems to have a good attitude.

SuperSlippers
    • Total Posts 12

Thanks for the info Trackside.

As I said, I’m on Granite Jack so I would be quite happy if a few more dropped out lol.

cormack15cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8783

#Moderation Mode

<a href=”https://theracingforum.co.uk/cgi-bin/ikonboard/topic.cgi?forum=50&topic=1&#8243; target=”_self”>Moved here</a>

guskennedy
    • Total Posts 759

Can anyone explain to me De Valira’s price relative to Wins Now and Orbit O’Gold? He’s trading at about 10s on Betfair with Wins Now three times and Orbit O’Gold six times his price yet on the Form Book there’s little between the three of them.

Anzum
    • Total Posts 256

Can’t give an answer to that Gus Kennedy.  

My view is Amaretto Rose is extremely poor value, but then I don’t really fancy any of the Irish horses.  As a result I fancy Granit Jack at the moment.  Nicholls thinks very highly of him and his form last time out has been franked by Missis Potts.  He’ll be staying on up the hill in what is normally a fast run race.  He looks each way value

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

I’m going to back Tyson at fancy prices assuming he runs. Showed that 2m on soft ground holds no fears, this is often won by a classy ex flat horse and although he could do with more experience I’m going to have an each way bet on him..

Salselon
    • Total Posts 883

I’m on Granit Jack also, at 33/1, as he seemed to have very valid excuses for his first 2 performances in England.

His form in France entitles him to have a very reasonable chance. Also, it can’t be a bad sign if a trainer as forthcoming as Nicholls describes him favourably with last years winner, Noland.

Anzum
    • Total Posts 256

Agreed Salselon.  Wishing I’d had him at 33/1 now though!

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Lucky enough to be on amaretto at 14’s.

Judging by Hedersons confidence and the way the conditions have come up, still would consider backing at 3’s (if i hadnt already..)

zome
    • Total Posts 232

De Soto.

Yep.

stevedvg
    • Total Posts 1137

She’s a very short price, but IMO everything is pointing towards Amaretto Rose.

Steve

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1891

Maybe I should have, but I haven’t given up on Tipperary Allstar. Though I’ve also taken good prices about a few others in smaller amounts.

<br>(Edited by Grimes at 6:22 pm on Mar. 12, 2007)<br>

(Edited by Grimes at 6:22 pm on Mar. 12, 2007)

doyley
    Participant
    • Total Posts 567

Hello,

Charlie Mann’s MY TURN NOW would have an Each way shout if turning up. :)

regards,

doyley

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.