The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Dante 2009

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Dante 2009

Viewing 8 posts - 137 through 144 (of 144 total)
  • Author
    zaynar
    • Total Posts 10

Horses from the Dante

Black Bear Island – This horse was seriously hyped after the curragh gallops at the beginning of the year and but for his considered substandard run in France would have been 2nd fave for this race and Murtagh would have been on board. Bearing in mind how easy Murtagh was in France I am surprised people are crabbing him as the dante winner. A half brother to High Chapparal he will love the step up in trip and come Epsom he wont be far behind FAG.

Freemantle – Ran a blinder for a first race and the first half of the race was seriously quick. Even after this when challenged he still found more which is a hell of an effort. I suspect he wont go to Epsom as they may save him for the Irish equivalent as the tracks are very similar and they have Golden Sword to make the pace at Epsom who has proved himself on a similar track at Chester.

Sans Frontierres – Eye-catching the way he was finishing and I suspect we may well have seen the St Leger winner. He is bred impeccably for that race and believe he will be seen next at Royal Ascot.

Monitor Closely – A real conundrum of a horse. First off the bridle but then came with a good looking run to flatten out and then run on again. Everytime pace is injected into a race he gets caught which suggests to me he needs a step up in trip to 1m 4 but only on a flat track. I also think a stronger jockey on board and this horse with the combined step up in trip and diff jockey may improve 3+ lengths. He could surprise in the Irish Derby.

Kite Wood – May have needed the race after such a long lay off but cant see him overturning the form with any of these in the derby. Will pick up one or two races but 6m more down the drain from Godolphin.

Native Ruler – Best looking horse in the field. Will benefit greatly for a substantial step up in trip. Another St Ledger type and wouldnt surprise to turn into serious Gold Cup horse in the next 2 years.

Crowded House – Run to bad to be true even allowing for the RP trophy to have been a weak affair the time he posted that day was exceptional and there is no way Meehan could be so wrong about him being a middle distance horse. The dirty scope would suggest excuses are available and if that is the case and he gets over it in time 16/1 may look very big come Derby Day. The derby will be a classic this year and CH may be another to break another racing rule in you don’t win the dante you don’t win the derby.

rip van winkle
    • Total Posts 12

King, I was just trying to help Fist.

He isn’t one for self-agrandisement and I didn’t want to have to put himself in the position of boasting of his past record on here.

Terribly sorry if you think I have stuck my oar in where it wasn’t wanted.

Colin

Abslolutely no need for you to say sorry Colin and you are right. I certainly don’t want to go to the trouble of talking about the past to someone who is here today and gone tomorrow.

It’s in everyones interest to ensure these people are not allowed to continue posting abuse.

Just look what happened to GWilson77. A few words to the powers that be he was gone :lol:

and what abuse did i give you? you are right i am a new member posting but ive been viewing this forum for the last 6 months. You constantly knock fame and glorys credentials yet you were the one who was constantly going about how mourayan would beat him in the derrinstown. Just because you were proved wrong and in some style might i add, you are tryin to knock f&g.

And Colin i was only stating that his recent predictions in the trials were awful if you dont believe me then i will happily post them for you :wink:

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

Rip, surely numnuts wasn’t meant as a compliment?

……and I am aware of Fist’s suggestions for the trials but he has only recently taken an interest in the flat. His prowess is over the jumps, just ask him about Kauto Star and Binocular.

Colin

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

It’s in everyones interest to ensure these people are not allowed to continue posting abuse.

Just look what happened to GWilson77. A few words to the powers that be he was gone :lol:

You are actually quite funny sometimes! Gordon Wilson 77, the birth of Music! " When there"s no future, how can there be sin. we are the flowers
    in the dustbin, we"re the poison in the human machine, we"re the future
    your future! God Save the King the Ante-post King!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

He isn’t one for self-agrandisement and I didn’t want to have to put himself in the position of boasting of his past record on here.

Colin

Abslolutely no need for you to say sorry Colin and you are right. I certainly don’t want to go to the trouble of talking about the past to someone who is here today and gone tomorrow.

and what abuse did i give you? you are right i am a new member posting but ive been viewing this forum for the last 6 months. You constantly knock fame and glorys credentials yet you were the one who was constantly going about how mourayan would beat him in the derrinstown. Just because you were proved wrong and in some style might i add, you are tryin to knock f&g.

And Colin i was only stating that his recent predictions in the trials were awful if you dont believe me then i will happily post them for you :wink:

You weren’t only anything. Telling someone they are talking dribble and callin them numnuts and judging them on a couple of bad results is the height of bad manners. So far in your 7 or 8 posts you dug out Punjabi and then claimed to have backed the Derby fav at 20/1 but not until after the Ballyfax. Around here claims like that get ignored but I actually believe you. The reason I believe you is your post asking me why I hate the horse came across like it was from a kid who’s mummy was trying to take his candy away from him.

Well kid I am not trying to rain on your parade, only giving a fair opinion but you seem hell bent on raining on mine. Now we have with a nod and a wink a threat to post my selections to prove fookin what?

Only takes me a minute to open my spreadsheet and copy and paste my bets In the last 7 days results were admitedly pretty rubbish at face value with Caravel, Arabian Spirit, Mourayan, Crowded House AP, Kite Wood, Kite Wood AP, Rose Steet, Equino, High Heeled, Aldermoor
    and Osterhase all losing bets.

With returns from Danehill Willy EW 4th 66/1, Age Of Aquarius 1/1, Elusive Wave 5/1, King Fingal 4th 10/1, Misheer 2/1 and Aleron EW 12/1 I was never behind at any point and in front and I am up 26.4% for the week. .

Thats the difference here I’m in profit and your on a wing and a prayer with a horse who may or may not win the Derby. I can afford to talk dribble and get a few things wrong whereas the way you are acting you would think your life depended on it.

Have a good day and good luck with Fame and Glory but until he actually wins the Derby all you are doing is the same as the rest us and hoping you are right.

rip van winkle
    • Total Posts 12

Colin

You weren’t only anything. Telling someone they are talking dribble and callin them numnuts and judging them on a couple of bad results is the height of bad manners. So far in your 7 or 8 posts you dug out Punjabi and then claimed to have backed the Derby fav at 20/1 but not until after the Ballyfax. Around here claims like that get ignored but I actually believe you. The reason I believe you is your post asking me why I hate the horse came across like it was from a kid who’s mummy was trying to take his candy away from him.

Well kid I am not trying to rain on your parade, only giving a fair opinion but you seem hell bent on raining on mine. Now we have with a nod and a wink a threat to post my selections to prove fookin what?

Only takes me a minute to open my spreadsheet and copy and paste my bets In the last 7 days results were admitedly pretty rubbish at face value with Caravel, Arabian Spirit, Mourayan, Crowded House AP, Kite Wood, Kite Wood AP, Rose Steet, Equino, High Heeled, Aldermoor
    and Osterhase all losing bets.

With returns from Danehill Willy EW 4th 66/1, Age Of Aquarius 1/1, Elusive Wave 5/1, King Fingal 4th 10/1, Misheer 2/1 and Aleron EW 12/1 I was never behind at any point and in front and I am up 26.4% for the week. .

Thats the difference here I’m in profit and your on a wing and a prayer with a horse who may or may not win the Derby. I can afford to talk dribble and get a few things wrong whereas the way you are acting you would think your life depended on it.

Have a good day and good luck with Fame and Glory but until he actually wins the Derby all you are doing is the same as the rest us and hoping you are right.

i backed him before the ballysax because i wouldnt have got 20/1 otherwise. Even if i hadnt have backed him lookig at the trials hes the outstanding horse. I’ll give you a little credit, betting on every top race isnt easy thats why i give my opinion on as few as possible but when i do im usually right.

All the best Fist and good luck with future bets

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

AP against SP – is Crowded House at all unlikely to run?
    I’m sure there were great white hopes against Authorized and Motivator too, but similarly, none had anything like the credentials. Unless there is a truly exceptional horse in the race (unlikely), the only thing to beat him will be the mafia buggering up the pace (again unlikely in what is only a trial).
    6/4 may look exceedingly generous, come Thursday morning.

REET,Long live the Mafia, except you are a mile off with that one!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Rip, surely numnuts wasn’t meant as a compliment?

……and I am aware of Fist’s suggestions for the trials but he has only recently taken an interest in the flat. His prowess is over the jumps, just ask him about Kauto Star and Binocular.

Colin

Colin you are at it again!! Rip its not the first time Fist has been called Numbnuts, trouble is he can back it up, i hope you can!

Viewing 8 posts - 137 through 144 (of 144 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.