The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Dante 2009

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Dante 2009

Viewing 17 posts - 103 through 119 (of 144 total)
  • Author
    RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

Crowded House didnt stay to me, so why they are going to the Derby is beyond me, he obviously gets the mile better, but obviously Delegator is their number 1 choice for 1m. Spencer was quoted I think saying Delegaator was the best horse in Meehan’s yard and its been proved imo.

Anyone who has backed Sea The Stars, Gan Amhras and Rip Van Winkle will have some confiedence in their antepost bets after Monitor Closely’s great effort today, a real work horse who gave as much as he got, I think PCH will try his luck in The Derby with him too and should give a respectable effort, think he can take a few Group 3’s.

• Total Posts 326

Sans Frontieres is indeed the one to take out the race.

Ran on very well near the finish and looked like he may have a bit more pace over the extra 2f than Freemantle and Black Bear Island from first viewing.

One negative is that theres no money (other than at 100/1) queing up for him on Betfair. Have rumours emerged that he might not run?

I think Dante also rans have an abysmal record in the Derby, 0% i think unless it has improved a little since i lost interest.

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

Sans Frontieres is indeed the one to take out the race.

Ran on very well near the finish and looked like he may have a bit more pace over the extra 2f than Freemantle and Black Bear Island from first viewing.

One negative is that theres no money (other than at 100/1) queing up for him on Betfair. Have rumours emerged that he might not run?

I think Dante also rans have an abysmal record in the Derby, 0% i think unless it has improved a little since i lost interest.

Yeh 0% is correct.

Trials where horses failed to win but won The Derby

Feilden (1994)
    Craven (1992)
    Ballysax (2000)
    Sandown Classic Trial (1997)
    2000 Guineas (2008)
    Kentucky Derby (1992)
    Chester Vase (1990)
    Irish 2000 Guineas (2008)

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9305

Thats ok then because he failed to win the Craven!

• Total Posts 326

:lol:

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

Dr Devious remember him went to Kentucky after it didn’t do much came back and won The Derby, I cant like I’m 25.

Participant
    • Total Posts 350

An excuse emerged afterwards when Crowded House was scoped and found to have mucus in his lungs. Brian Meehan, his trainer, said: “If he has to miss any work in the next ten days the Derby will be out, but we would still like to go if we can.”

The Times website.

rip van winkle
    • Total Posts 12

black bear island ran todays race i 2m 11secs
    fame and glory ran derrinstown in 2m 03secs (carrying extra 3lbs)

black bear island won off a strong pace but fame and glory won easing down by six lengths in a much faster time. He has to be coolmores number 1. He has won on heavy and good so the going wont be a problem.I really hope heffernan rides him as i thought he gave him a great ride last time and murtaghs form has been up and down. Im glad i backed him at 20/1 before the ballysax.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

How do standard times compare at York and Leopardstown, RVW, what were ground conditions like on each occasion and how does one race stack up against the other from a pace perspective?

If that qualifies as ‘time analysis’ then you can bet with me any time you like (though not in this case as Fame And Glory looks by far and away Ballydoyle’s best Derby hope).

Participant
    • Total Posts 1453

The Dante is run over further than the Derrinstown, hence the big difference in the times.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

These records bug the hell out of me. It’s been a million years since a 5 year old won the CH, no 5 year old has ever won the QMCC.

A horse can be slow coming to himslef, an extra 2 furlongs can make a good horse into a wonder horse.

No two horses are the same and these stats are there to be shot at.

The flat is no different to the jumps and there is no way of telling when a Snow Knight is going to pop up.

It would be nice to think Flame and Glory could become a champion of champions and remain unbeaten, win the Derby,the Arc and plundering the USA but he doesn’t give me the impression he is a wonderhorse.

I still think this years Derby is still wide open. Some can’t even make up their minds which one of O’Briens is likely to be the best and that’s not allowing for the horse with the best form See The Stars who could be better than them all.

If he gets the trip could kick all of AOB’s horses into touch. Bolger’s could be anything and SMS has worked bigger miracles than win a Derby like this one.

I would rather take a chance on a horse at a bigger price with a good chance of a place and a possibilityof winning, than get stuck into any the short priced horses who could very easily fail miserably.

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

Fame And Glory (Fast by 0.6s)
    Black Bear Island (Slow by 2.54s)

Both on the same ground, think Fame and Glory ran on Good, where Black Bear Island ran on the firmer side of Good.

rip van winkle
    • Total Posts 12

How do standard times compare at York and Leopardstown, RVW, what were ground conditions like on each occasion and how does one race stack up against the other from a pace perspective?

If that qualifies as ‘time analysis’ then you can bet with me any time you like (though not in this case as Fame And Glory looks by far and away Ballydoyle’s best Derby hope).

leopardstown was good, york was good to firm. f&g was .02secs off High Capparals derrinstowns record so it was a very impressive race.He has no quirks and has a very fluent racing action. Heffernan was extremely impressed with him said he settles well. I really hope he gets to epsom in one piece cause he looks like the one to beat.

rip van winkle
    • Total Posts 12

These records bug the hell out of me. It’s been a million years since a 5 year old won the CH, no 5 year old has ever won the QMCC.

A horse can be slow coming to himslef, an extra 2 furlongs can make a good horse into a wonder horse.

The flat is no different to the jumps and there is no way of telling when a Snow Knight is going to pop up.

It would be nice to think Flame and Glory could become a champion of champions and remain unbeaten, win the Derby,the Arc and plundering the USA but he doesn’t give me the impression he is a wonderhorse.

I still think this years Derby is still wide open. Some can’t even make up their minds which one of O’Briens is likely to be the best and that’s not allowing for the horse with the best form See The Stars who could be better than them all.

If he gets the trip could kick all of AOB’s horses into touch. Bolger’s could be anything and SMS has worked bigger miracles than win a Derby like this one.

I would rather take a chance on a horse at a bigger price with a good chance of a place and a possibilityof winning, than get stuck into any the short priced horses who could very easily fail miserably.

what do you hate about fame and glory so much? to be honest fist i wouldnt be influenced by any of your dribble because reading over these pages all of your predictions have ran stinkers.

• Total Posts 326

5 yo CH last year katchit???????????????

It’s a good enough reason to lay a horse in my book, 2 hennessy winners in the gold cup in recent memory, usually short priced after winning hennessy.

Stats are stats, interpret them as you will. The dante stat is quite strong though.

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

I really can’t see what else Fame and Glory can really do for you to change your opinion, I have to say your views on the horse have baffled me, the only way surely would to have put another length in and smash the Derrinstown record on Good ground.

Sea The Stars is deffo the danger to him, and Oxx can spoil the Coolmore party, but I’d see Fame And Glory smashing Gan Amhras all over the park at Epsom anyday, but I’d be on the view that Sea The Stars won The Guineas with a tremendous amount in hand.

rip van winkle
    • Total Posts 12

did masterminded not win the QMCC aswell numnuts?

Viewing 17 posts - 103 through 119 (of 144 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.