The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Dalglish – time to go?

Home Forums General Sports Dalglish – time to go?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    sberry
    • Total Posts 1801

Well, they wanted King Kenny back and now they’re ‘king lumbered with him.

From spending world record sums of money on a striker/seat warmer who has netted 1 more league goal for them this year than my cat, to presiding over and supporting racist behaviour from his players and dragging his team to nowhere near the league Euro qualification places.

If it wasn’t for getting lucky in a cheap cup competition that only the championship and lower teams bother about, he’d surely be on his way?

This year he may even take them to a finish below the mighty teams that are Norwich and Swansea and is looking like not even finishing as the top team in merseyside!

He’s ditched his suit again after being told by his bemused owners to stop appearing like and behaving like a street hoody in interviews and the fans are now staying away and calling for his exit.

The lay price to finish in the top half is looking very attractive but I can’t find a price on Kenny to be next to walk alone.

sberry
    • Total Posts 1801
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25496

He’s so bad, it’s funny really that he won a bit of silverware in his first full season back with this talentless bunch of a squad yet Wenger has won sod all in the past seven years with his unbeatable wonderkids.

Member since March 2008
    insomniac
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1453

It would help if he could speak English!
    BTW excellent piece on Liverpool’s future in a Europe that’s going to be dominated – even more so than at present – by a few major clubs who expand their income by using their brand name to generate cash – to get around Platini’s mad "fairness" rules. May have been in the

Times

Essentially the author said Liverpool aren’t going to cut it with big boys any more. Of course, it’s not King Kenny’s fault that Platini is a knob with the business acumen of Gordon Brown, but whilst Real Madrid, Man Utd. Bayern Munich (maybe even Arsenal) etc. have been preparing for the "super" club future, Liverpool haven’t.

sberry
    • Total Posts 1801

”There is no getting away from the fact that Liverpool are now in a crisis,” said Aldridge, writing in the Liverpool Echo.

”To lose six out of seven in the league is something the club

won’t ever tolerate, we can’t tolerate that

”To have picked up just eight points out of 36 since the turn of the year is shambolic – that’s relegation form.

”The fact that this is the worst run in the league since 1954 speaks volumes. Questions are being asked and they need to be answered.

”The eyes of the world are on Liverpool and the critics are having a field day. We’re becoming a laughing stock.

”We’re all proud to be associated with the club and everything it has achieved over the years. But at the moment being a Liverpool fan is just embarrassing and that’s something I haven’t had to say before.”

Aldridge has pointed the finger of blame at the players, who he has called on to show more pride.

He said: ”The team just seems to have lost their belief. You can blame the manager and the coaching staff but at the end of the day it comes down to the players.

”They are getting paid unbelievable amounts of money and aren’t producing the goods.

”Some of them should take a long hard look in the mirror.

”They are playing for Liverpool Football Club –

one of the biggest clubs in the world

– it doesn’t get much better than that.

”They need to realise how lucky they are and start doing it or their Anfield careers won’t last much longer.”

He added: ”More than anything I want to see some pride. That’s all we’re playing for in the league now but there doesn’t seem to be much pride around.”

And there is the problem – the same blinkered Liverpudlian veiw that tells them that nothing that goes wrong is their fault – they’re not even one of the best teams in the premiership and in the entire history of the premier league don’t make the top 3 – they’re not even the best in merseyside today.

Carroll’s shocking dive was an example at how desperate they’re getting now, Kenny appears to have lost the players and will do well to last the season out, the fans are starting to turn but it will be the owners that do for him, maybe in a way that looks not like a sacking, but American coaches don’t act like that and not get sacked.

sberry
    • Total Posts 1801
    sberry
    • Total Posts 1801

Two games left to go maybe?

Resting some players tonight though Blackburn getting a result won’t be a surprise anyway, but getting knocked out of the FA Cup by Everton who have now usurped them as the team from Merseyside could be the last straw for the owners who won’t feel much fan backlash, if there is any, from across the Atlantic.

Though they could let him take them down to 14th and allow him to leave ‘by mutual agreement’ during the summer. The fans seem resigned to below mediocrity now and loyalty goes when that happens.

Jose at 5/1 for next manager is about as funny as Sir Alex to be next Wolves manager, anybody betting that needs their head examined.

insomniac
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1453

Red Hot Tip to replace him, another Scots managerial legend who’ll create big headlines:–

STEVE KEAN

but at least Kean has manners and dignity, unlike the curmudgeon Dalglish.

sberry
    • Total Posts 1801

And for my next trick in stating the bleeding obvious… 8)

You could be right about Keano, apparently his manners and dignity are so good that big Sam is suing him for them.

AVB next up for the second best team in merseyside? :lol: I hope so.

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25496

I would have given him another year myself. He managed to achieve something the super god Wenger hasn’t in 7 years in winning an actual bit of silverware. Carroll’s form and fitness, Suarez suspension, Lucas and Gerrard out and new players taking time to settle did not help.

Member since March 2008
    sberry
    • Total Posts 1801

:D

He took them to their worst league performance in nearly 60 years, he has shown the business acumen of a hungry fat kid in a sweetshop with a handful of £50 notes and displayed the worst judgement and media ability ever seen in football, Joey Barton included. They’re not just off the top table, they’re miles from it and behind Everton in the queue of dreamers.

Wenger has created a team that has broken records that will never be broken and sat on the top table of world football for decades and one that will continue to do so and one that is the most profitable and sustainable while doing so.

You don’t measure success by a tin pot coveted by second division teams, not unless you want the sack that is.

God, I hope they appoint AVB :D

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25496

😀

He took them to their worst league performance in nearly 60 years, he has shown the business acumen of a hungry fat kid in a sweetshop with a handful of £50 notes and displayed the worst judgement and media ability ever seen in football, Joey Barton included. They’re not just off the top table, they’re miles from it and behind Everton in the queue of dreamers.

Had he won the FA Cup would he have got the sack? I think not, so all that worst league position, media, everton stuff would have been irrelevant. Not winning the FA Cup cost Kenny another year.

Who cares that Everton were 7th they would swap that for a 16th place position to win a tin pot, it’s been that long. 7th or 8th whoopee-do. That’s the only thing they can cheer finishing above another team as they have gone even longer than Arsenal in winning a trophy. Even Arsenal are now celebrating being ahead of Spurs, pot-less the lot of them. How long does getting into the champions league but not winning any competition going to be good enough for Wenger. 7 years is fine, how about 17 maybe, 70 years as long as they in the Champions League who needs to win a trophy. :roll:

AVB is got to be a bookies stunt surely.

Member since March 2008
    sberry
    • Total Posts 1801

Every team in the premiership bar United and Chelsea would swap whatever tinpot they may have won recently for Arsenal’s performances over the past two decades.

In a way I hoped they had kept him so bad he is, next best is AVB – get in there, then I can start an AVB out thread as he wouldn’t last a season – Liverpool can change their managers as often as Chelsea and Newcastle but can only dream of being that successful.

#comical#hashtag#laughingstock

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25496

Arsenal, 2 decades of every season in the champions league, winners = 0

I’d swap Liverpool’s 2005 winners for that = not

Member since March 2008
    sberry
    • Total Posts 1801

The owners would though, that’s why they binned him, amongst other reasons – a tin pot that even Wolves rest players for is not good enough if you’ve lost over £100million and become such a mess that the Swansea manager isn’t interested in the job as it would be a negative career move.

Please let it be AVB, for the next half season at least.

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25496

Would they have binned him had he won the FA Cup?

Member since March 2008
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25496

I see the papers are branding the name Rafa Benitez as a candidate. That would be my choice.

Won

the Champions League in his 1st season with Liverpool in 2005 with an average side, Traore, Smicer etc. How? Because he has tactical nous. Unlike Wenger who will never win the Champions League or Premiership ever again unless he can prepare his side to defend and dig in and play ugly football at times, in games such as Milan away hold onto a 0-0 draw and do the business at home but his philosophy is too blinkered and teams have work out that the best why to beat Arsenal is to counter-attack them as they only know how to play one way hence no trophies in 7 years.

Member since March 2008
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.