The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Croco Bay

Home Forums Memorials Croco Bay

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Prong
    Participant
    • Total Posts 75

Fatally injured at Southwell today

TongeTonge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1255

Poor Croco Bay. He didn’t deserve to be racing in the heat of the afternoon at a course with such an awful safety record at the age of 13. Not as if he owed his connections anything. R.I.P.

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10349

AgreeTonge…Dreadful shame to put dear Croco Bay through this he should have been withdrawn in this heat. Was a small pot of prize money really worth the risk…lost for words.
    RIP Croco Bay

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Ex RubyLightEx RubyLight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1532

100% agree Tonge. This track has one of the worst fatality records in the country and a slight mistake at the open ditch can be lethal. Sorry to see him die in such shameful circumstances, especially when running on three legs afterwards.

Rest in peace Croco Bay, I’m sure yur connections will be – as usual – devastated and might learn that a Cheltenham Festival winner is not the ideal summer jumper at such a dog track!!!!

runandskip84
    Participant
    • Total Posts 106

RIP to Croco Bay. Southwell is another course to use those dreadful trolly fences

pilgarlic
    Participant
    • Total Posts 585

I think the fences here need looking at. Very few horses jump them well, even the winners. Horses rarely take a cut at them and are having to make corrections on landing which must lead to injuries.

Soaring temperatures make it difficult for courses but the ground being baked on a hot afternoon can’t be good.Perhaps there should be a trigger point for abandonments when theses conditions are expected.

R.I.P. Croco Bay. I expect connections would have been frustrated to have missed targets with the general washout and early end to last season. The Case runners have been performing well and he ran OK here last month. I wouldn’t be happy to have a runner over theses fences though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.