The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Coventry Stakes 2009

Home Forums Archive Topics Royal Ascot Archive Royal Ascot 2014 Coventry Stakes 2009

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    Stormwatch
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33

I know that its early doors yet just wondered if anyone has any thoughts on what could be value for this top flight two year old race at Royal Ascot – do you think we have any ‘Henrythenavigators’?

crizzy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 788

Raines Cross. Could be anything but abig price at the moment….and I know the guy who owns it! :D

halfwaytoheaven
    • Total Posts 1387

Monseiur Chevalier is a classy horse but I’d love to see him stick to sprinting instead of stepping up to 7f+. He’s a very speedy sort.

Red Jazz has looked good in his last few races, still unbeaten and will go well over 7f.

However, Steinbeck is rated really highly in the AOB yard. Cruised to a win in his debut last week and will improve for that. He’s a really short price though.

Youre right it is a bit early but it could be a cracking Coventry this year. Lets not forget, last year we had Art Conisseur, Intense Focus and Lord Shanakill in the first 3. They could all still push on this season.

Matt2806
    • Total Posts 83

Monseiur Chevalier will like the faster ground, than today also Canford Cliffs was very impressive on friday at newbury! don’t know what price these two are?

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Red Jazz has looked good in his last few races, still unbeaten and will go well over 7f.

The coventry is 6f, but I agree on Red Jazz, he’s the one I have in mind for this, really liked the way he got on top of archers road in the dying strides the other week.

Also have a liking for AOBs ginats causeway son of Virginia Waters who was defeated on debut the other week (Air Chief Marshal is it?), however I think last time I looked at the betting he was shorter than red jazz which made zero sense to me.

I dont think it’s too early really, but this is always one of my favorite races at the meeting.

• Total Posts 2184

Also have a liking for AOBs ginats causeway son of Virginia Waters who was defeated on debut the other week (Air Chief Marshal is it?)

Emperor Claudius is the horse your thinking of there

halfwaytoheaven
    • Total Posts 1387

No idea where I got the 7f from! My apologies

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I have usually backed one of Aidans by now, but not sure as i like Air Chief
    Marshal and Steinbeck! 6f may be a bit sharp for the former!

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

No Hubris (Paul Cole).

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Also have a liking for AOBs ginats causeway son of Virginia Waters who was defeated on debut the other week (Air Chief Marshal is it?)

Emperor Claudius is the horse your thinking of there

That would explain why Air Chief Marshal was shorter in the betting. Actually is Air Chief Marshal that Galileo won that won the other week? Wouldnt have him in mind for ascot myself, would think he definitely wants further (but thought the same of cuis ghaire last year too).

ARWalsh
    • Total Posts 25

Personally, I really like the look of

Radiohead

, a very nice type. Someone said on here before his maiden that he was one of Meehan’s most promising colts. His sire was very useful over the distance and ran a decent time on Monday (63 secs) basically on a canter.
    In his maiden he ran very green and gave the leaders around 10 lengths to finish second aswell. Hopefully he’ll be aimed at the race and run a blinder :D

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Radiohead

, a very nice type. Someone said on here before his maiden that he was one of Meehan’s most promising colts. His sire was very useful over the distance and ran a decent time on Monday (63 secs) basically on a canter.
    In his maiden he ran very green and gave the leaders around 10 lengths to finish second aswell. Hopefully he’ll be aimed at the race and run a blinder :D

I’m a huge fan of him. Was at Newmarket and Spencer, Meehan & co. looked absolutely delighted in the winner’s enclosure afterwards. Smiling, patting the horse, etc. He won’t win the Coventry but certainly a horse for the July Stakes, Richmond, etc. The trainer of the winner, High Spice, was also extremely bullish in the interview afterwards, saying she was a horse who could run in the 1000 Guineas next year. Radiohead and Izaaj, 2nd and 3rd in that race, have won since (although the latter wasn’t impressive in the slightest) and she’d definitely be my Albany selection at the moment.

• Total Posts 1688

Is the Aga Khan juvenile in this race, or the Norfolk?

sump
    • Total Posts 2

For me the value lies with Raines Cross and Radio Head which have both been mentioned already. Canford Cliffs has got to have a great chance. You never know, Big Audio could be thrown into the mix if he wins today.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

Radiohead

Let’s hope he can

Creep

into the contest, and that the rider gets the tactics

Just

right, so the partnership doesn’t leave you

High And Dry

. There will be

No Surprises

to see

Knives Out

if it fails.

As for Big Audio, I think he will be Dynamite.

Thankyew, thankyew, I’m here all week ladiesandgennulmen. Try the scampi, etc.

gc

Adoptive father of two. The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Mystic Magic

Rob V
    • Total Posts 173

Canford Cliffs! Loved the way how he quickly put daylight between himself and his rivals. It was like a magic act.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 96 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.