The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Constitution Hill

Home Forums Horse Racing Constitution Hill

Viewing 3 posts - 1,531 through 1,533 (of 1,533 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1404

I’m hoping that Henderson has had some kind of wake up call following last season’s overprotective regime and will be more proactive this season.

Constitution Hill is still 2 years younger than what Sprinter Sacre was when Henderson brought the latter back from the brink to regain champion status.

A tentative ‘For’ from me.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7607

The horse just has to get beaten a few times times then the cotton wool will come off.

Shishkin was “My Precioussss” at one time; this is what the trainer said about him last season:

The first thing I said to Nico [de Boinville] was, ‘Surely we go to Ireland?’ and he said, ‘Surely we will’. He’s only had three runs all year – a non-event at Ascot, a King George he didn’t finish, a doodle around Newbury and today. He’s a ten-year-old – he has to sing for his supper now, hasn’t he?!”

If CH gets beaten once , perhaps even twice this year there will be drama and cotton wool wrappage. But next season- he’ll finally be unwrapped if he doesn’t have an unblemished string of 1s.

The only way I could see Punchestown happening this season is if he has some sort of mishap- perhaps interference and an unseat or 2 length second – at Cheltenham and State Man wins and Patrick pokes the bear by telling everyone State Man would have won anyway and will be enjoying his oats for dinner and a carrot for pudding, and Paul Townend is giving it the V for victory/ two fingers for two CH wins to the camera. Then they might be goaded into Punchestown.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7607

He lives in a special open stable/ the field I think. Like Samcro, when his lungs went to bits and he spent half his time with a nebuliser strapped to his face. Samcro won one G1 after that- the Marsh aka Turners/ Golden Miller, a nose and a length respectively from Melon and the elderly Faugheen. Last seen beating up point to pointers…then getting his backside kicked by better horses and pulled up in the Cheltenham Foxhunters and Punchestown equivalent.

Viewing 3 posts - 1,531 through 1,533 (of 1,533 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.