The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Constitution Hill

Home Forums Horse Racing Constitution Hill

Viewing 17 posts - 732 through 748 (of 1,517 total)
  • Author
    Colin Phillips
    Participant
    • Total Posts 313

Cork All Star, yes, low and fast is ideal but margin for error can be small. I’m probably being a wuss but I hate to see horses injured.

Participant
    • Total Posts 730

He seems to tick all the boxes required, and looks miles better than the rest. I don’t think we’ve been in a particularly great era for 2m hurdling, so anything half decent can look good.

I’ve said before, but if he was mine, I’d be thinking of trying him in a few Cup races on the Flat….

Participant
    • Total Posts 4675

Constitution Hill has been awarded an RPR of 176 for yesterday’s romp, putting him third on their all-time list (the Racing Post only goes back as far as 1986, so wasn’t around for the golden era of hurdling in the Seventies), behind Istabraq (181) and Faugheen (177).

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

I was going to bring Faugheen up because as much as Honeysuckle is undefeated, she would have been no match to Faugheen the day he won it. Like TheTinMan said she will have to be at her absolute best and better in March and we need to see her reappear first. Even if she retains her ability it would take something of an off day by Constitution Hill or a mishap to beat him.
    What did Hurricane Fly achieve, Gladders??

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 4675

173, Nathan.

Honeysuckle is currently on 165, so add the 7lbs mares’ allowance and she’s still 4lbs behind Constitution Hill.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

Thanks,
    He had a few misfortunes
    I’m still in shock the year he didn’t win it when Rock on Ruby did

Participant
    • Total Posts 8863

I have no doubt Constitution Hill will achieve a higher rating than both Faugheen and Istabraq. I believe he is already better than both of them.

Avatar photoHe Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5935

As the high priest i should point of if CH is beaten the church of CH will be burnt to the ground , we will turn pagan and a rf member will have to be sacrificed …. prob gamble

Participant
    • Total Posts 6114

What’s left of my pension after the savaging the Tories have given it, well, it is staring at me from the ‘your balance’ page and it is taking every ounce of my will not to cash in what’s left and have it on Constitution Hill at 8/11, perhaps the best value I’ve seen in a decade. Could I stand about 14 weeks of waking up to check the headlines to see if he’s had a setback? That, I don’t know. But with Nicky, you have the best British target trainer perhaps in NH history. He’ll be laying three furlongs of cotton wool on the AW gallop, and his wife will be banished to the spare room so Constitution Hill can squeeze in beside him at night.

Can’t see more than 5, maybe 6 turning up on the day, where he’ll be somewhere between 2/7 and 2/9. The others will be in The Mares or the Stayers, and we ought to be thankful there is no 20f championship or you might see the first walkover in Champion Hurdle history.

It’s great to see the forum still in such rude health and with such fine comment.
    Joe

• Total Posts 30

@Steeplechasing

Nice to see you posting Joe, hope all well is with you.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6114

All well, thanks, Matron. Same with you, I hope.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4118

Ian will feel like a King today after seeing Joe posting on HIS thread after such a long time.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5683

‘rf member will have to be sacrificed …. prob gamble’

Not much chance of that but I might enjoy a burning – you’ve got less to lose Ground – yer face is already burned off and looks decidedly ashen.

I don’t fund my Betfair acoount but backed the horse at just under 3’s but sadly took a profit on the majority. I risked 20% of my bank (£10) 1.35 yesterday. I am extremely cautious and bet very rarely.

Good to see you Joe – a sort of pop-in.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6114

Thanks, gamble. Hedging my bets, I suppose. Most of my racing posts have been on twitter for the past ten years or so, but Musk is doing his best to burn that to the ground. I think I’ll soon be looking elsewhere for my racing fix, so I suppose I’m an old salmon heading back upriver.

All the best.
    Joe

Participant
    • Total Posts 5683

Always good to see and read you you Joe, and well I don’t do social media, and interesting to get your views on Twitter. I’m always trying to leave here 🤣 but find it too sticky.
    I just don’t have time to bet seriously at the moment – just too busy with day to day. It would be great to see any other older names return or pop in – there’s a rumour a fishermen may have gotten ’em!

Avatar photoHe Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5935

Life’s a gamble , CH is a very small one though , he,s going to improve for this run …a run good enough to win a champion hurdle , I’m going to keep playing as I just can’t believe he,s not shorter …. Sorry gamble your my nominated sacrifice …don’t worry though your safe with CH

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

Live pictures from the house of Ian Davies,
    down in the basement of Chezza Towers,
    the shrine of Constitution Hill is being holy watered by none other than
    Chezza himself,
    He Didn’t Like Ground
    and Gamble

Viewing 17 posts - 732 through 748 (of 1,517 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.