The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Christy 1965 Chase

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Christy 1965 Chase

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    peter .hpeter .h
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1252

I’m just not having it that Cyrname is anywhere near Altior’s standard. I think the handicapper massively overreacted to his Ascot Chase win as did the racing public. Similar to Waiting Patiently the previous year who I’ve never been convinced is the world beater he was touted to be after his Ascot Chase win.

The only thing that will get Altior beat is if he doesn’t see it out, which I’m sure he will. I’d also be weary of it turning into a tactical affair, but Altior’s class should see him right.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1776

If it was tactical surely that plays into altiors hands

He has a ridiculous turn of foot

The only chance cryname has is if he sets a relentless gallop and altior doesnt stay

Ex RubyLightEx RubyLight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1498

Cracking race with the winner cantering home at the highest possible speed ever seen on that kind of ground.
    I would hate to post a rating for him, but it would have be at around 185…

Go on and have a laugh at that, but it was some performance.

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2570

Dont think altior didnt stay, he stayed fine IMO, he doesnt seem to have that blast anymore that he used to i refused to believe it last season but he finally looks vulnerable, glad i sat that out as much as i thought hed win

I think cyrnames ran a big rating there but not 176, 170 probably

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2570

Yeah ruby, it wasnt 185 lol your assuming altior ran 180 there (his greatest ever race) which he 1000% absolutely no chance on this earth ran lol, altior probably ran 165 and cyrname 170

MarkTTMarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2713

I agree with that Ham but he’s been stepped up in trip too late in his career

He’ll be back and win again,

Ex RubyLightEx RubyLight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1498

Ham, the times of the first three races at Ascot today were 35, 35 and 44 seconds too slow. Cyrname was only 11 seconds slower than the standard. This is massive on this ground. No way why he shouldn’t get anything over 180…..

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2570

Yeah i agree mark, he absolutely will win again no doubting that

Cyrname is still a one trick pony at this point until he does it somewhere else

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2570

Doesnt matter ruby, cyrname did not run 180+ there and altior did not run his best ever performance rising 10 upped in trip

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1776

That was a monster performance

Visually altior ran to the level he was running to last year to me, cyrname just the better horse on the day

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22219

Cyrname jumps great at pace. You have to give him credit there to have lowered Altior’s colours. Hendersons horse was coming back again near the end so will be interesting to see what they do next with him.

Member since March 2008
    Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 420

I doubt Altior would have won over 2 miles today. That finishing kick just was not there. Difficult to see how they can go for the King George on the back of that – but if they do it will be a rare chance to back him at odds against.

SteeplechasingSteeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5769

An odd race, with even Cyrname never showing the verve he did last season. Maybe they went too fast in the ground

Well done Cyrname backers

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

befairbefair
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1116

Disappointed in Altior; jumped right constantly, which was probably worth the few lenghts at the end. Cyrname could be anything tho

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1776

I’d say cyrname ran the kick out of altior cork all star

Was a very good ride from cobden in a 2 runner race

Cyrname is like a 2 and a half mile version of un de sceaux, slick jumper and relentless galloper who grinds his opponents into the dirt

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.