The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

CHESTER 3 DAY FEAST

Home Forums Horse Racing CHESTER 3 DAY FEAST

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    johninrialto
    • Total Posts 16

REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS MEETING, CHESTER ALLWAYS IS A GREAT SPECTECAL. THE DRAW BIAS ONLY ADDS TO THIS, AND CAN WORK IN THE PUNTERS FAVOUR. NOT 100% SURE WHO IM BACKING TOMORROW, BUT BACK I WILL. ANY FANCIES OVER THE 3 DAYS ?

Money on
    • Total Posts 178

Never have been a fan of the meeting in much of a betting view but it isnt the worst spectacle in the world. Its Dissapointing that David Evans horse doesnt go in the first and as far as i believe Grafton Street doesnt run in the Cup. Dark Angel is no price but he is a good thing tomorrow and is more a 1/4 shot than the 2/5 currently on BF. Barry Likes to win this race and he really should.

Money on
    • Total Posts 178

Maraahel looks another good thing to pick up his 3rd Huxley in 3 years and Soldier of Fortune should prove far too strong for his Chester Vase opponents. Stoute will pick up the maiden with Al Tharib on Thursday in the last race.

johninrialto
    • Total Posts 16

regarding tomorrow, i like the chances of charlie tokyo, had him at 9/1 around 2 weeks ago, and won easily. think he will go well 2moro. six day war is interesting, j osbourne s horses are flying at present, especially his 2 y olds, think he will go close. they r my 2 bets 2 moro.

PAULCS
    • Total Posts 529

<br>It’s all a mystery when it comes to this Grafton Street at the moment.

According to the RP & Sporting Life, he is out because of a dirty scope. However, you can still lay £150 @ 6.8 on BF!

Money on
    • Total Posts 178

In regards to BF it doesnt matter how much is laid or looking to be laid it will just count as a NR, had no chance imo anyway.

PAULCS
    • Total Posts 529

<br>You’re right Money on, the snooker going late has really f***** my brain up today!

LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

If Vhujon turns up for the sprint at 1.50, he wins (in his absence I’d fancy the chances of Primo Heights), but I’ll be looking at Whispering Death (2.50) as my main interest for Wednesday.

(Edited by LetsGetRacing at 12:16 am on May 9, 2007)

Money on
    • Total Posts 178

Vhujon was a NR before final cards were made

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

Always find following previous course winners profitable, espiecially in the shorter races and if they have a low draw, even better.<br>Some trainers like to target this meeting Barry Hills needs no introduction, Also worth following Michael Jarvis, WR Swinburn and TJ Pitt.

Todays shortlist in what is a relatively poor card, Galient and Admiral in Vase, and Stotsfold in 3.20.

Happy punting.:biggrin:

dave 22
    • Total Posts 339

I liked Fair Along for this race as i thought he will suit the track. Bit concerned about his draw, but if he can get to the front he must have a good chance

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

The tightness in the betting, and the recent entries for the Prince of Wales’s Stakes and the Eclipse suggest Stotsfold remains a well-handicapped horse. I think he looks a good bet at around 5/2.

Will be trying for a result in the 2-y-o maiden, Barry Hills’ is sure to be very short and I will play small stakes of Michael Dods Maracana Boy. He shaped well behind the Primo Heights at Musselburgh, almost certainly setting too stronger pace and I think he’ll do much better today.

Chester Cup doesn;t look easy, though plenty do look fully exposed. Winged D’Argent has serious claims from a handicapping perspective having been placed in the race from a significantly higher mark, but his temperament and the trainer change are obviously big negatives. The 2 I like are the unexposed 4yo’s that could well do better for the step up in trip, namely Som Tala and Enjoy the Moment. Narrow preference os for the former as he looks better handicapped on his Beverley/Pontefract form and is presumably thought capable of a fair bit better judging by his Gold Cup entry.

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

Have to agree with you DJ, the big race entries really caught my eye regarding Stotsfold, and I can see the horse even shorter than 5/2 as WR sounded pretty confident on his trainer porfile in the RP.

Off to my local bookie to grab the 5/2.

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Im tempted by whispering death in the cup. his hold up style is not ideal here but with a few front runners in the field, the race could play into his hands. Also, the jockey is as cool in these circumstances as anyone riding at the moment

Running off same mark as very good run in ces’ last year and stable in form (although rarely seems to out of form these days)

David…Som tala might have a good entry but thats not exactly unusual for Channon is it??

I cant have Fair along at all. Hobbs can over-run them a bit. I thought Galient was very disappointing last time. Is he guaranteed to come on for that race? Market suggested he was fit enough that day and that is Javis’s style of course

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

Here we go again at Beverley, the 2.30 sprint h/cap No’s 1 and 2 NR’s. Funny their both drawn 1 & 2.<br>Vets certificate I suppose, Aegean Dancer NR ?????

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.