The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Cheltenham Gold Cup 2010

Home Forums Horse Racing Cheltenham Gold Cup 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 239 through 255 (of 337 total)
  • Author
    davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

I’m gonna have €1 each-way on Cerium at 500/1 in the hope that Davy Russell can get him jumping out the back and then maybe pick off beaten horses on the run-in to steal third!

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Had Denman not run so abysmally last time out, I would have remained faithful. Unless the Denman of 2008 turns up, he won’t be winning. That said, if he touches 5s, I will dabble each way, by way of insurance.

I have already backed Kauto Star in a single win bet – along wih Quevega (won) in a win double bet.

Overall, I don’t think this is particularly strong Gold Cup – the front two apart – so with a clear round, and on this ground, I expect Kauto Star to bolt up.

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

del_boy
    • Total Posts 386

i would rather spend the £1 e/w on 2 tins of beer instead of 500/1 and 100/1 mon mome cerium shots.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

What can I say – I like the name!

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Ground cut up badly in the Albert Bartlett there I thought

Participant
    • Total Posts 2036

It has to be Kauto Star, just got even money with a local bookie’s special offer.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32970

Been against Denman but am wavering now. Saw Denman at Newbury in the paddock, had a poor coat. But on TV looks shining today. Totally different horse.

Value Is Everything
    Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

Everything in the field has been backed ffs. Would like to stay loyal to my old friend Carruthers, but he’s looking like going off at 20-1! Mrpointment has even been backed! What a shower.

• Total Posts 2440

I would eat some more humble pie, but following Sizing Europe’s win, i havent got any left.

Ok, Imperial Commander will stay!

Fantastic run from Twister’s horse, such a quiet build up from the trainer too, under the radar and he has come up with that, amazing performance.

Great run from Denman too.

Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

Who’d have funk it? looked to be a proper GC winning effort, that. Highly likely he’d have taken care of Kauto today even without the mistake.

• Total Posts 2440

Who’d have funk it? looked to be a proper GC winning effort, that. Highly likely he’d have taken care of Kauto today even without the mistake.

I’d have been of that opinion too, Kauto wasn’t going a yard today.

• Total Posts 2440

Twister said he knew he would win.

Who would say anything against him.

Fantastic training performance.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I like Imperial Commander for this. Great record at the track the Kempton run was nonsense (don’t know why they sent him after his 08 run there) so i won’t worry about that and he’s apparantly in cracking form.

I like Denman also but after he crossed the finish line in the Henessy he stopped, head down and looked ruined as the other horses ran on. I thought then he’ll never run a race like that again, and i just hope he gets round in one piece.

Imperial Commander pulling away from Kauto Star up the hill with Cooldine taking third.

Hell yeah. Over a grand up!

Participant
    • Total Posts 2264

5mins before the race, i thought there is no other arkle, or best mate, and followed my dads bet on imperial commander woohooo

vf

• Total Posts 2440

Have to say aswell, im not too keen on the way Ruby gets back on horses that have fallen, and im talking from a health perspective. Yes, the horse may seemingly be ok, but you shouldn’t get back on and canter back to the saddling boxes.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Well done to IC and all connections.

Well done to Ruby too who was up like a light to stop KS from running away after his fall.

• Total Posts 81

Thats a good horse. Won very well. Not taking anything away from IC but Denman didnt seem to get into a jumping rhythm like when he won. Agree that IC would have beat Kauto if he had not fallen

Viewing 17 posts - 239 through 255 (of 337 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.