The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

CHELTENHAM GOLD CUP 2009 and 2010

Home Forums Archive Topics CHELTENHAM GOLD CUP 2009 and 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 443 through 459 (of 623 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 1415

It was a proper gold Cup wasn’t it? The first three were the big three Kauto, Denman and Exotic Dancer what a race he has run again lets not forget him. Golden age of staying steeplechasers.

Thirteen bloody lenghts god knows what rating Kauto is gonna get the placed horses were the right placed horses. Bring back Arkle and bring it on. :wink:

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Its hard to judge against some of his brilliant runs round kempton but I think that may have been kauto’s best performance ever or very close to it. On for the King George 4 timer now…

• Total Posts 1415

Its hard to judge against some of his brilliant runs round kempton but I think that may have been kauto’s best performance ever or very close to it. On for the King George 4 timer now…

Thats his best performance mate I don’t think you will find anyone anywhere disagree with that.

That’s as good a performance as you will ever see anywhere from any horse we’ve just seen true legendary greatness.

• Total Posts 2440

Awesome from Kauto Star.

The best aspect that i am thinking about at the moment is if Paul Nicholls can give Denman the Summer off, get him back to where he was last year, what another great race we are in for next year.

Magistretti
    • Total Posts 74

A great performance from an exceptional horse. Amazing 8)

Brilliant to see Denman run such a big race too given his troubles running up to today.

Some race, wow.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 2064

Beautiful.

Nicholls and Walsh are using the same word for him: MAGIC!

Pat123
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3078

What a racehorse. Absolutely fantastic.

Keep everything crossed that the first two come back next year in A1 condition.

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

I never even backed kauto star but felt myself cheering him up the run in, and was really good to see him win, and it was also really good to see denman looking close to his best back in second.

Remember back at the start of the season/end of the flat season when Kauto was massive prices and it looked like he may have went right off the boil…. :lol:

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

How do you put words to a performance like that?

It was, in every sense of the word, a top class race and the ease with which Kauto Star has won (with everything else looking to have run to an incredibly high level) marks him out as something beyond a superstar.

Scintillating viewing and indeed an honour to behold.

• Total Posts 1415

I will now argue with Fist, Himself and anyone else who wants to – this is the best chaser EVER and no Arkle wouldn’t have beat him today.

I think it was Michael Dickinson who said the likes of Wayward Lad would get lapped by todays horses well I dunno about that but todays racing is more competitive than its ever been with higher standards of everything.

God I’m still buzzing.

For me its been a pretty miserable and average Cheltenham ………… until now – The Gold Cup has lifted every ounce of gloom and given me the best sporting moment I’ve ever seen.

What a wonderful sport.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

I have mixed emotions after that. Having backed Kauto Star, I am naturally very pleased, but hey, what an absolutley gutsy and tremendous performance from a horse who is clearly not one hundred per cent – Denman.

None the less, Kauto Star was simply superb and never looked like getting beat at any stage. A quite outstanding performance.

Should be a monster race next year. 8)

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Alchemist
    Participant
    • Total Posts 232

A truely magnificent racehorse. A real pleasure to watch.

Biotechy
    • Total Posts 120

Glad Kauto won.Denman ran some race, but with his prep ruined it was a canter for KS.
    Should be some race next year.
    Good going= Kauto win-Soft Denman

douginho
    • Total Posts 1046

Imperious performance. One of the greats.

But what shambles of a start to the seasons best race! I had air force one each way and he must have lost 10-15 lengths being taken out by roll along and the starter still let them go. Kauto Star could have afforded to concede that ground, not one I’m hoping runs into a place!

Participant
    • Total Posts 7508

That was a cracking race, all the first four gave it works and ran the best they could on the day, and credit to My Will putting up what was probably a lifetime best in fifth.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 158

good old denman returns, cracking each way value, petty it hadnt been softer ground. had nichols been given another month it would have been a different story.

well done kauto

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

I will now argue with Fist, Himself and anyone else who wants to – this is the best chaser EVER and no Arkle wouldn’t have beat him today.

You’re getting a little carried away Ian. I suspect that all the buzzing is clouding your reasoning. :lol:

Absolutely fantastic performance from Kauto, no doubt, but to suggest that he would have beaten the nonpareil (Arkle) today or any other day is pure supposition on your part. Granted, he might have got close – certainly on that performance, but we’ll never know.

But let’s face it – Arkle owned Cheltenham. :wink:

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Viewing 17 posts - 443 through 459 (of 623 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.