The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL PRIZE QUIZ

Home Forums Horse Racing CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL PRIZE QUIZ

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Happy JackHappy Jack
    Participant
    • Total Posts 515

As I am feeling in an extremely generous mood (a rare occurrance), I have decided to run a Cheltenham Festival-themed quiz, and am offering as a prize to the winner One Club Enclosure Ticket to Champion Chase Day at Cheltenham on Wednesday March 14th.

Much of the quiz is historically-based, in order to stop people simply clicking though the Racing Post website, but all of the answers can be found online if you look hard enough.

Please PM me the answers, do not post them on this thread. In the case of a dead-heat, a random draw will take place to decide the winner. Closing date for receipt of entries is 10.30pm on Sunday.

The question-master’s decision is final, there will be no cash alternative, blah blah blah…….

I will post the results on here as soon as I can after the close of the quiz and the winner will be posted his/her ticket by recorded delivery on Monday. Apologies for the lateness of this quiz but it was a bit of a spur-of-the-moment thing!

Good luck!

Fill in the gaps:

1. 1st Bula, 2nd XXX, 3rd Major Rose<br>2. 1st XXX, 2nd Monksfield, 3rd Dramatist<br>3. 1st Silver Buck, 2nd XXX, 3rd Sunset Cristo<br>4. 1st Burrough Hill Lad, 2nd Brown Chamberlain, 3rd XXX<br>5. 1st See You Then, 2nd Flatterer, 3rd XXX<br>6. 1st XXX, 2nd Cavvie’s Clown, 3rd Beau Ranger

Name the following 2007 Cheltenham contenders by their breeding.

7. Alflora – Teenero (Teenoso) (foaled 2001)<br>8. Presenting – Polly Puttens (Pollerton) (foaled 2000)<br>9. Bricassar  – Doulina (Dastaan) (foaled 2001)<br>10. Kalanisi – Miracle (Ezzoud) (foaled 2003)<br>11. Hernando – Kaprice (Windwurf) (foaled 2000)

12. Which famous Flat stayer won the second renewal of the Champion Hurdle?<br>13. Who was the first horse to win more than one renewal of the Cheltenham Gold Cup?<br>14. What is the connection between a successful pre-war Cheltenham Gold Cup winning jockey and a trainer of a leading 2007 contender for the same race?<br>15. In the last fifty years only five five-year-olds have won the Champion Hurdle. Name them (3pts for all five, 2pts for four, 1pt for three)<br>16. In the last thirty years only five ten-year-olds have won the Cheltenham Gold Cup. Name them (3pts for all five, 2pts for four, 1pt for three)

Which jockeys, currently more famous for their training exploits, were associated with the following Cheltenham Festival winners?

17. Skymas (won in 1976/77)<br>18. Bit Of A Jig (1976)<br>19. Linwell (1957)<br>20. Alverton (1979)

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Sadly I must declare myself a non-runner due to no available flights to Ireland from either Bristol or Birmingham later that evening.

Happy JackHappy Jack
    Participant
    • Total Posts 515

To the top again

Big prize to be won here guys & girls, don’t miss out on your chance to win!

Sal
    • Total Posts 562

To the top – 3 hours left to go :)

Lol, or 2 hours if you believe the forum clock!!  I think the rules mean 10.30 GMT.

(Edited by Sal at 8:33 pm on Mar. 11, 2007)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.