The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Charlie Hall Chase 2010

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Charlie Hall Chase 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    skipsy01
    • Total Posts 2

Surely Barbers Shop has no better opportunity than this??

Getzippy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1152

I agree, Skipsys.

Barbers has everything in his favour here. If he is to prove top-notch over fences then this is his opportunity to show that he will be ready for the step back into grade 1 company.

Track and ground should be ideal. I see him being fav on the day at about 5/2 – 3/1.

Unless of course he doesn’t run…but that seems unlikely IMHO due to money coming for the beast and all the positive reasons for running him.

Good to see proper racing back :D

Zip

Kirovski
    • Total Posts 14

Hi Guys

As far as I can recall this is my first post on the Forum, so be gentle with me!
    Being a very ordinary judge of form I rely on a computer programmeI’ve developed with my son ( a computer geek)to asses these big races. For what it’s worth my top 4 rated, with value prices, for the Charlie Hall are:

Barbershop 7/2
    Nacarat 7/2
    Tother One 8/1
    Master Medic 10/1

The prices are based on an 80% book so in theory should give us a 20% edge. The6/1 available against Barbershop looks a cracking price to me, while Master Medic looks a decent EW bet at 20’s. Stan James offer 10/1 against Nacarat but I’m not sure he will run.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I’m a huge fan of Nacarat, but Tom George’s horses aren’t running well enough for me to be confident that he’s ready for a race of this nature so early in the season. There are also a number of potential front-runners, which further tempers my enthusiasm in the grey.

If it is run at a decent clip – and there’s every chance it will be –

Sa Suffit

might be capable of causing an upset. I won’t have a bet until the lineup is confirmed, but he stays all day, could still be improving and James Ewart knows how to prepare one first time out.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2037

China Rock seems a good thing, has run twice and should have a significant fitness advantage. Looked pretty sharp when beating Sizing Europe (tho I think SE is over-rated and didn’t stay)

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Just been told Sam Thomas will ride Nacarat which I find hard to believe as he seems to have disappeared of the face of the earth. Hardly inspiring if it’s true.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

Just been told Sam Thomas will ride Nacarat which I find hard to believe as he seems to have disappeared of the face of the earth. Hardly inspiring if it’s true.

I honestly don’t see how that is a detractor, would mean I’m more likely to back him in all honesty,

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

If you’re a stats person Barber Shop is the only possible winner, although I’m not sure why he pulled up at Punchestown [?]. As for the rest, so much depends on the ground and I’m not sure where that band of rain is or is going to. If the ground was on the firmer side I’d chance an ew on Master Medic and if it was softer I’d back Sa Suffit[who has won at Wetherby], although there’s a question mark over both of them staying.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Well I was right behind Sam keeping the mount on Denman but all the signs are there he’s lost it.

You really got me on this one JJ

I can’t remember the last time he had a winner.

Tom George hardly ever uses him now.

He’s never won on the horse, made far too much use of him at Kempton. He got the pace so wrong the horse couldn’t put one leg in front of the other from 3 out.

How can you say him taking over from AP McCoy is an assett.

I would imagine when AP told Tom George he was going to ride for Jonjo at Ascot he burst into tears :lol:

That said, obviously I want Barber Shop to win but if Sam wins I’ll be the first to say well domne…….right after kicking myself for not backing him :wink:

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Hi Guys

As far as I can recall this is my first post on the Forum, so be gentle with me!
    Being a very ordinary judge of form I rely on a computer programmeI’ve developed with my son ( a computer geek)to asses these big races. For what it’s worth my top 4 rated, with value prices, for the Charlie Hall are:

Barbershop 7/2
    Nacarat 7/2
    Tother One 8/1
    Master Medic 10/1

The prices are based on an 80% book so in theory should give us a 20% edge. The6/1 available against Barbershop looks a cracking price to me, while Master Medic looks a decent EW bet at 20’s. Stan James offer 10/1 against Nacarat but I’m not sure he will run.

Hi and welcome. You got to meet Ginger our resident whizzkidd who’s right into making up books and finding value. Drives me potty to be honest :lol:

It would appear Tom George will run Nacarat. Despite him seeming to be at his best when there a good bit of cut in the ground TG has said he needs fast ground but he coudn’t find any before :shock:

I thought he said he was only provisionally entering him to see what the ground was like. Maybe it came to him in a dream and he’s changed his mind……..I can’t keep up with the twists and turns in this race never mind what price which horse should be.

Probably the next thing will be is that Tidal Bay is going to run and he ends up beating them all. :|

Kirovski
    • Total Posts 14

Fist

Thanks for the welcome and the info about Nacarat. I know that the value price approach isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but it’s the only one that works for me. I ‘ll try not to annoy you too much!

skipsy01
    • Total Posts 2

I agree Kirovski, when I saw the 8/1 about Barbers, I stuck my toe in (not really having a clue if a runner or not)and then again at 6/1!! Hopefully will remain a runner tomorrow and then will be on again!!! I think he is obviously ready to go, with the support, (previously first time out 2008′ 2nd in the PP, 2009 4th in the Hennesy!!! Charlie Hall an easier proposition off a good mark??? I will be there Saturday to see him grinding down old Ollie Mcghern jumping the last??
    Can anyone convince me to oppose Barbers????

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I see the Sportinglife website are saying Wierd Al doen’t run and will go to Carlisle

What’s amazing is, according to the racing post’s market watch, he’s on the top of their list as the most backed horse with 423 bets……not like it was a secret that he’d probably go to Carlisle.. Very strange!!!!

I see they have also put Sam Thomas’s name up as the jockey on Nacarat and AP has been jocked up for Get Me Out of Here at Ascot so I guess that’s a done deal

Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

From price terms. AP gets on Nacarat, and the price crashes. I’ve always liked Sam from Denman winning the Gold Cup, and he’s won me a few quid too, so fair play to him! Ouch, just seen how few rides he’s been getting lately, the man has yet to have a winner this month . . not a great sign Fist!

• Total Posts 2440

Shame that Weird Al does not run, i think his run in the Towton at Wetherby was excellent, and with course and distance form, he would probably have been the one i would have selected in the race, as i think he is a progressing animal.

I notice that Knockara Beau has an entry in the same race at Carlisle (2.40pm on Sunday), so they both may go there instead of Wetherby.

Massini´s Maguire may get his first run for the Pipe team in the Charlie Hall, mind.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

You been away camping Gaz? :lol: Highlighted that about 5 days ago and thought the same but it would seem George Charlton will run him, as the zip has gone out of the ground and with light rain and showers forecast the ground should be near perfect……decs should be out in an hour so we’ll soon know.

China Rock has been pulled out for some reason which will no doubt upset a few AP punters as all the indications were he would run.

Muffin Man
    • Total Posts 15

Deep Purple
    Knockara Beau
    Calgary Bay
    Ollie Magern
    Barbers Shop
    Nacarat
    Thats Rhythm
    The Tother One

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 66 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.